Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 12:52:48 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Fantasy Craft Second Printing Q&A Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 153 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Craft Second Printing Q&A Thread  (Read 131741 times)
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2010, 09:43:49 PM »

Pummel has a special application outside combat. The subdual damage from the first ó and only the first ó Pummel action against each character made out of combat in each scene is applied normally, except that the target suffers 1 grade of fatigued per 5 by which he fails this save (see page 211).

I don't understand this second clause of the pummel action. Is this supposed to be for surprise attacks or something?

Yep, now you can stun a Special NPC in one hit with enough damage! The new sap description seems to corroborate this use.

Indeed. These two were developed together to (hopefully) address desires for a more direct route to that iconic shot you're always seeing in movies and video games. Wink

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2010, 09:44:00 PM »

Is there any way we can get a listing of the changes made to PDFs besides the Second Printing- or is it mostly the nifty layers?

In every case we've folded in all the errata and added the layers. There are no other changes.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2010, 09:44:08 PM »

Does the FoN's elemental blasts count as natural attacks? It seems to me they would, as it meshes so well with the knockback quality they get.

No. Those attacks don't conform to any other existing attack type. They're so far unique and only follow the rules in that ability coupled with the universal rules for attacking.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2010, 09:44:17 PM »

The fillable character sheet and Fantasy Craft Iconics have been pulled for a bit. Minions are preparing an updated version of the former, which is required to port over the updated stats for the latter. Also, we'll be adding iconic stat sheets to eliminate the need for referencing the book for character options during demos. There's no immediate ETA but it shouldn't be too long. Stay tuned.

How soon?... I'd like to get cracking on some conversions I had made from older PCs into FC.

No ETA yet. We're hoping in the next couple weeks but it's very much dependent on outside helpers at the moment.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2010, 09:44:24 PM »

What happened to Waterroot in the New Leaf feat?

It became Tangleroot.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2010, 09:44:35 PM »

Will Lore of the Stars be making a return in Sellcraft? Perhaps with the other Lore feats?

Possibly. We're looking at options. It may return as a more general Spellcasting feat, or as one of a small family of Spellcasting feats.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Deral
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2010, 10:40:12 PM »

Eight posts in two minutes. Well done Pat.

That said, after having sat down, gone over the errata and applied it to all of my homebrew stuff, I can honestly say I like all the changes, including the dropping of iconic classes (which is the only non-species change I'm not going to use). Biggest things I like are:
Unborn Enlightened Skill (Because my unborn have it)
Reduced Renown Prices - This will definitely speed progression for those who want it, and allow some spare reputation even for those who don't want to get left behind all their Duke and Duchess party members
Boost to the Assassin Core Ability - I was literally planning on doing something like this but figured "nah I'll wait till the errata comes out in a couple days" Nice for the assassin who takes a full BAB expert class.
Martial Arts/Master's Art - Needed it. Courtiers and Keepers in my game just can't help themselves from taking pre-errata Martial Arts, why do all the nobles know kung fu?
And the handling of the Stress Damage weapons- with exception to the poor, poor shuriken, which will have a harder time seeing use (though still easily viable with sneak attack). Still, the stress damage was causing issues for some people, and between the Whip feats, Fencing Feats, and Excruciating, anything that once did stress damage can still pull it off.

These are just the few things that stick out to me- I've read over the errata document a few times now and nothing I've come across has put me off whatsoever and that's a big deal with how significant some of these changes are. In fact, the only thing making me slightly disgruntled is now I have to wait for the print version (and tell my local game store to STOCK FANTASY CRAFT, a whole shelf to Pathfinder, a whole shelf to BESM d20, what is happening here (I have nothing against either of those systems))
Deral
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2010, 10:53:27 PM »

Now I have got a question, though. Is it intentional that there is no longer a written way for Beast characters to use non-natural weapons at all?
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2010, 11:16:44 PM »

Again, thanks for the words of support. It's great to see folks embrace the changes.

Eight posts in two minutes. Well done Pat.

Heh. Actually about 20 - I queued them up so I could get a full view of the field before responding. Smiley

In fact, the only thing making me slightly disgruntled is now I have to wait for the print version (and tell my local game store to STOCK FANTASY CRAFT, a whole shelf to Pathfinder, a whole shelf to BESM d20, what is happening here (I have nothing against either of those systems))

Please, please do tell your store you want them to stock the game - and the supplements. It's the very best way to support us. And if they tell you they can't get it, come back to us and let us know so we can put them in touch with our distributors.

Now I have got a question, though. Is it intentional that there is no longer a written way for Beast characters to use non-natural weapons at all?

Yes.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2010, 01:59:57 AM »

Might I add that I absolutely love what you've done with the Spider Noble feat.

I'm actually less happy with it... I like old school driders who are outcasts of their kind, and Drow Noble is an actual creature in AD&D and Pathfinder. So now there's really nowhere to go for non-spidery nobles.

That actually never made any sense to me - why would their god make outcasts more like her?  Any game I ran, and most of my buddies games, had Driders as her chosen - those who she made closer to her as examples of the best of their kind.

My group had a quick skim through the errata last night before we started playing [we decided to wait till next session to use the changes so we didn't delay the game] and all were pretty positively recieved - only our groups swamp clutch saurian martial artist complained, and that's because he took a power hit [on all fronts], but he still admited that all the changes were far more balanced.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2010, 02:05:26 AM »

Might I add that I absolutely love what you've done with the Spider Noble feat.

I'm actually less happy with it... I like old school driders who are outcasts of their kind, and Drow Noble is an actual creature in AD&D and Pathfinder. So now there's really nowhere to go for non-spidery nobles.

That actually never made any sense to me - why would their god make outcasts more like her?  Any game I ran, and most of my buddies games, had Driders as her chosen - those who she made closer to her as examples of the best of their kind.

That's always how I ran them as well - and while I can't speak for Alex on the matter he agreed the change was an improvement.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

pawsplay