Author Topic: Fantasy Craft Second Printing Q&A Thread  (Read 299097 times)

Searcher

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Craft Second Printing Q&A Thread
« Reply #2940 on: October 16, 2017, 04:57:07 AM »
Alright so I am tinkering with creating a healer but upon reading the rules for magic so did I find something that kinda annoyed me.
Cure wounds, Tinker and similar spells are of touch range and you cannot use touch range on yourself if I understand it correctly?
So can you not make a healer that have the ability to heal himself? Is there any way to use touch ranged spells upon oneself?

TKDB

• Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: October 16, 2017, 06:04:45 AM »
Not in any official material, aside from possibly the trick from Inspiration Supremacy that lets you spread a spell around to the whole team. However, that's for divine casters only, which can't throw out the same volume of healing as an arcane caster, and I'm not sure if I'm interpreting the trick correctly (the wording is a little unclear as to whether it can be applied only to spells with "Personal or Touch" range or whether it can be "Personal" or "Touch" -- I've personally been running it the latter way to enable some fun character concepts). The inability of magical healing (aside from Touch of Light) to target the caster appears to be a deliberate design choice to maintain a "weak link" in a party with a dedicated healer.

However, many people do like to use home brew campaign qualities to house rule this out, either for all Touch spells or at least certain specific ones. Your Dungeon, Your Dragon, Your Way.

Searcher

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: October 16, 2017, 07:58:24 AM »
Once again I seem to remember seeing a spell somewhere that basically functioned like a holding space.
What it did were that you could basically store items, coins and so on in a holding space that you could access making it so that you wouldn't need to carry around the stuff yourself. Does anyone know what spell this is or am I totally remembering wrong?

Also I am not the best at designing feats so I wonder if this feat sounds reasonable.
Custom construction cute: You gain the attractive II NPC quality and you resemble a human or child (I plan on combining it with small frame to make the character small) additionally so does your touch feel like the touch of a regular human (warmth, soft and so on).
Does it sound reasonable?

paddyfool

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: October 16, 2017, 08:17:41 AM »
Best start a thread in license to improvise, although I think there's already a feat in the Adventurers Companion that does what you need.

Searcher

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: October 16, 2017, 09:30:30 AM »
Ok but that still leaves the question about the spell, as said I think that I have seen it somewhere.
And I think you are thinking about the cute n cuddly feat which is an entirely different thing.

Slashes-With-Claws

• Handler
  • I will eat your heart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: October 16, 2017, 11:32:38 AM »
Weapon Pocket, it is in the Shinobi Call to Arms book.

Searcher

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: October 16, 2017, 01:51:44 PM »
No it's not that one, the one I am looking for were meant to store items not weapons.

MezzoCatorce

• Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: October 16, 2017, 07:00:23 PM »
No it's not that one, the one I am looking for were meant to store items not weapons.

Are you certain you're not thinking of the Storage magic item quality?

Searcher

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: October 18, 2017, 10:59:51 AM »
Yes I am, I have looked that up and I find that magic quality utterly useless.

Big_Jim

• Control
  • An integral part of any plan for world domination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: October 18, 2017, 12:11:12 PM »

That is one of the most perplexing statements I've ever read. I'm stunned for a d6 rounds.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 12:12:46 PM by Big_Jim »

TheVastator

• Handler
  • Everything is better with pirates!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: October 18, 2017, 03:05:15 PM »
Can Stress or Subdual damage comple a Massive Damage saving throw?

Slashes-With-Claws

• Handler
  • I will eat your heart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: October 18, 2017, 04:30:46 PM »
Can Stress or Subdual damage comple a Massive Damage saving throw?

Maybe.

Massive Damage states, "When a character suffers 50 or more points of damage in a single hit..." without any other caveats.

Subdual and Stress both say, "...damage is not applied to the targetís vitality and wounds and cannot inflict critical injuries..." But say nothing about Massive Damage.

So I would say it is up to the GM.  But I could easily see if being a yes, with the idea of Massive Damage from stress causing an instant heart attack.

TKDB

• Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: October 18, 2017, 04:34:06 PM »

Tell that to my player who's running a Keeper with 6 Str!
(Protip: If it's the item limit that's bugging you, know that it's generally accepted that a container placed inside a Storage charm only counts as 1 item, however much it contains itself. Sacks and chests are the name of the game!)

As for the spell you're looking for, I think you might be thinking of the Secret Chest spell from TOG. I don't believe there's an equivalent in FC at this time.

Searcher

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: October 19, 2017, 06:00:41 AM »

That is one of the most perplexing statements I've ever read. I'm stunned for a d6 rounds.

Useless for my purpose might be a better phrasing.
The thing I dislike about it is how limited it is.
What I am mostly after is something that will allow me to store massive amounts of coins and since each coin is a single item so is storage utterly worthless for creating an item that can carry massive amounts of coins.

Searcher

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: October 19, 2017, 06:04:39 AM »
Just a quick question to see that I have grasped this correctly.
Unborn is a construct and does as such gain the construct subtype as per page 226 in the core rulebook.
A construct is immune against subdual damage.
Heat and Cold deals subdual damage.
Hence an unborn is not affected by temperatures and functions properly even when its very cold and very hot. Hence they don't need any protective gear to not freeze in cold temperatures nor any need to cool of in warm temperatures.

Have I grasped all that correctly?