Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2015, 10:52:22 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Mysterious Freelancer Revealed! Plus Spellbound Status Report!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mysterious Freelancer Revealed! Plus Spellbound Status Report!  (Read 8132 times)
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

We have all the time in the world.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: April 02, 2015, 02:47:11 AM »

I checked several pages including the fantasycraft product page, first page of this thread and the last couple of pages of this thread, but I didn't see any changes...

as we reach the end of Q1 2015, just wanted to see if there was any updates...

hopefully whoever replies, doesn't reply with an "April Fools" at the end of the day.

Nothing's changed. The project's still moving right along. I'd planned to get an update out by end of last week but the work itself interceded. I've been so embroiled in these edits and trying to make as much headway as I could before heading off to WonderCon this weekend that the update slipped through the cracks.

Short version: editing is going well and I'm really pleased with how the project is coming together. Alex has done a stellar job finally pulling all the loose pieces together and cementing the unified whole we've all been seeing for ages. I still expect to launch the rolling releases sometime this month (April), as I amended last week.

I'll get you a more detailed update as soon as I can, which at this point means sometime next week, since people start arriving from out of town very early tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is broken.
Khaalis
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 11, 2015, 04:44:34 AM »

Is there any chance that after the Subscription model roll-out, of thinking about a specialized Kickstarter campaign?

The purpose would be to release what you might call the "Fantasy Craft Deluxe Edition".  The point of the campaign would be to make enough money to cover whatever your minimum base print run would be through your printer.  This new "Deluxe" version would be a completes reprint of the core book plus all to date changes and errata as well as adding all of the Call to Arms and Spellbound material into one single printed tome.

A pretty fairly high number of very successful RPG Kickstarters have run in the past few months for just this reason, to fund a print version of material. 

Stretch Goals don't even have to be new materials. They could be simply be collectable goals like signed copies of the book, maybe a special material cover or gold title ink, etc. if your printer can do that. Perhaps signed Artwork Prints, etc. They could also include expanded print runs if numbers go high enough.

I honestly don't think you'd have any trouble hitting the funding goal for such a print run especially since you already have the back channels for printing.  Its something I think you should very seriously consider.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: April 11, 2015, 04:55:53 AM »

Is there any chance that after the Subscription model roll-out, of thinking about a specialized Kickstarter campaign?

Sadly, no. Companies can only go to the crowdfunding well so often and we have to pick our campaigns very carefully. We already have a few things in the pipe that will keep us busy on that front for a while yet.

P.S. Haven't forgotten about updating you guys. Just still very busy with the actual drafts. Just a little more breathing room and I'll have news for y'all soon.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 04:58:53 AM by Crafty_Pat » Logged

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Khaalis
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 13, 2015, 02:02:54 AM »

In that case, has any thought been given to doing a PoD omnibus for the Call to Arms series as well as the Spellbound Series? It would seem that having PoD options for Call to Arms and Spellbound would be the final print fan's option for having the full FC line in professional print rather than 1/2 print and 1/2 PDF printed for a 3-ring binder.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2015, 03:59:17 AM »

In that case, has any thought been given to doing a PoD omnibus for the Call to Arms series as well as the Spellbound Series? It would seem that having PoD options for Call to Arms and Spellbound would be the final print fan's option for having the full FC line in professional print rather than 1/2 print and 1/2 PDF printed for a 3-ring binder.

There aren't very many remaining CtA titles that aren't already part of print titles. Maybe we could bundle those together... maybe. It's not likely to happen anytime soon, though. We're a bit swamped with other projects at the moment.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Khaalis
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2015, 05:45:34 AM »

Not sure exactly how you run the business, but you could easily freelance the basic work of taking PDF material and joining it into a single PoD ready file and it would remove all but a final edit check off your plate. Just a thought to help generate sales for a service I know people would jump on.
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2015, 02:43:43 PM »

Not sure exactly how you run the business, but you could easily freelance the basic work of taking PDF material and joining it into a single PoD ready file and it would remove all but a final edit check off your plate. Just a thought to help generate sales for a service I know people would jump on.

As the money guy, it's not really a question of whether people want something we do (we always have the hard core of the fan base who will), but how many want it and is that enough to justify the time (our most precious resource) or treasure to make it happen. Speaking from hard-earned experience, it's never just a matter of a final edit check on anything - doing any  project requires project management, and that goes double when your project staff a) do not share the same physical space and b) do not talk to each other. That means Pat is standing in the middle of every conversation, directing everyone on every decision because they cannot or won't make a decision without our OK, and that's time he's not doing new stuff for the company's health.

Sorry if that makes me sound like a downer, but I've made part of it my job description to protect our resources as much as possible so that we stay solvent and to ensure Crafty's here to keep making new stuff for everyone to enjoy Smiley

"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: April 16, 2015, 12:31:25 PM »

we stay solvent and to ensure Crafty's here to keep making new stuff for everyone to enjoy Smiley
I do like this part.  Smiley

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: