Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2015, 03:40:43 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Mysterious Freelancer Revealed! Plus Spellbound Status Report!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mysterious Freelancer Revealed! Plus Spellbound Status Report!  (Read 10711 times)
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2015, 01:03:34 PM »

:-)
Bhurano
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 10, 2015, 01:45:33 PM »

Woohooo. Yes, great news. Smiley

If you'll excuse me... there is small happy dance waiting to be danced. Grin
FacelessFox
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 11, 2015, 10:34:12 AM »

Are you guys going to release each portion of the rolled out PDF once that portion has been edited/gone through lay out? Or are you going to finish the entire thing, then release it all onver the roll out period?
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

We have all the time in the world.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: May 11, 2015, 10:39:33 AM »

Are you guys going to release each portion of the rolled out PDF once that portion has been edited/gone through lay out? Or are you going to finish the entire thing, then release it all onver the roll out period?

We won't be releasing the first one until at least 2/3 of the series is 100% done. We've learned our lesson on that the hard way.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is broken.
taej
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 16, 2015, 07:58:14 AM »

I don't know if this is a little "eating your cake and having it too," but will purchasing the POD include the .pdfs?

I don't know the in and outs (and costs) of publishing, so it seems like it doesn't cost companies anything to do so. A lot of companies participate in Bits and Mortar, for example. If the POD and .pdfs aren't bundled, could you shed some light on the why? It helps me not feel selfish for wishing when I know the company had a reasonable financial reason. Lol.

Oh - and if they are, Yay!
SilvercatMoonpaw
Control

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 16, 2015, 08:57:23 AM »

We won't be releasing the first one until at least 2/3 of the series is 100% done. We've learned our lesson on that the hard way.
Here's hoping the first release includes the spellcasting customization rules.

This is not a request or an expectation.  Whether you take it under advisement is up to you.
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 16, 2015, 12:09:46 PM »

I don't know if this is a little "eating your cake and having it too," but will purchasing the POD include the .pdfs?

You mean, can you get the POD + PDF for the same price as a PDF? Unfortunately no. POD options will be available for all the individual products (IIRC - we'll see if there are snags when we post them up or not) as well as the Omnibus edition however.

I don't know the in and outs (and costs) of publishing, so it seems like it doesn't cost companies anything to do so. A lot of companies participate in Bits and Mortar, for example. If the POD and .pdfs aren't bundled, could you shed some light on the why? It helps me not feel selfish for wishing when I know the company had a reasonable financial reason. Lol.

The Spellbound is different than Bits and Mortar (which is offset, or mass printing). Rather than making a book in offset and offering the content digitally at no cost, in Spellbound we are offering the content digitally at a lower price, with an optional choice to upgrade to print if you like (POD). Each print on demand product is sent to the factory and printed on a 1 by 1 basis, printed, then sent to you. There's ink and paper and (most of all) labor on the factory's part that makes up that cost.   That's why there won't be a free upgrade to POD from PDF.

However, if you buy the POD bundle of any product you will be get the PDF as a matter of course. Buying the Omnibus edition / subscription for all 12 volumes offers a substantial discount on the total content package, with all volumes individually along with the digital collection PDF and the option to get the collection in a POD volume.

Does that make sense?

"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games
Khaalis
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 20, 2015, 01:04:59 PM »

Just to make certain I understand....  You Did decide to do an Omniubs Edition?  As in a single POD option that includes all 12 of the smaller releases as 1 POD rather than having to pay for 12 PODs? If this is correct - hallelujah. The cost of printing 12 PODs would be extremely costly, assuming that at the size of each volume, I'm guessing a POD price-point of probably close to $10 each. Also kudos on including the PDF versions with the POD version as a bundle.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

We have all the time in the world.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: May 20, 2015, 02:13:41 PM »

Just to make certain I understand....  You Did decide to do an Omniubs Edition?  As in a single POD option that includes all 12 of the smaller releases as 1 POD rather than having to pay for 12 PODs? If this is correct - hallelujah. The cost of printing 12 PODs would be extremely costly, assuming that at the size of each volume, I'm guessing a POD price-point of probably close to $10 each. Also kudos on including the PDF versions with the POD version as a bundle.

Yes. Both a complete Omnibus and individual releases will be available, and multiple bundle options will be available as well.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is broken.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: