Author Topic: Mysterious Freelancer Revealed! Plus Spellbound Status Report!  (Read 59161 times)

jarvvoitlus

• Operative
    • View Profile
Re: Mysterious Freelancer Revealed! Plus Spellbound Status Report!
« Reply #465 on: March 08, 2017, 09:24:11 AM »
That sounds more like a tasty snack.

Crafty_Pat

• Crafty Staff
  • Control
  • We have all the time in the world.
    • View Profile
    • Crafty Games
« Reply #466 on: March 11, 2017, 09:06:32 PM »
I do have to say, I greatly respect your integrity in following through on your commitment and being transparent about the hurdles and mistakes involved in the process.

Thank you. This project has been very, very hard on all of us at Crafty HQ. I'm especially embarrassed it's gone on so long. There are so many (on their own) very reasonable excuses for it, but in the end they're still excuses, and this project deserves better.

I find waiting gets easier with time.  And having no due-date.

It's one of the reasons we fought so hard to course-correct. With a project like this, it's vital we avoid unrealistic expectations. It's bad enough without blowing yet another deadline.

And when it is.. by Odin's beard there will be beer.  LAKES OF BEER.  ...and Wenches!  (For those not already married...)
Share the wenches with the wives.   ;D

Jim... Have I mentioned how much I like the cut of your jib?
Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Newsletter: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+Crafty-Games/
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is broken.

Desertpuma

• Control
  • Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th
    • View Profile
    • Crusaders Citadel
« Reply #467 on: March 12, 2017, 08:18:58 AM »
Pat,

Bills have to be paid and the longevity of Crafty Games is a must. You had to do what you had to stay afloat and we get that. Patience is a virtue. We will faithfully wait because is that damn good. If I was permitted to drink alcohol, I'd find some Single Barrel Jack Daniels for the myself but in this case I'd just bring it to the party.

I admit to seeing, when Spellbound lands, about sending a set of books to some of the members of Critical Role for them to peruse. Kind of like giving Wil Wheaton a copy of FC back in 2009. Gotta spread the wealth.

(However, I am curious if 10KB is going SC2 or SC3 at this point but that's a different discussion for Alex.)

LSpy Mastermind

SilvercatMoonpaw

• Control
  • May Contain Nuts
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 12, 2017, 09:35:11 AM »
@Crafties:

Would it annoy you or in any way make you feel uncomfortable if I started a thread about what posters hope to see out of the Spellbound material?  Mostly I feel like it would help me wait if I faffed about discussing Spellbound with no expectations, but I understand Creator OPD and that you might feel like it would cause you to feel expected to do things.

Crafty_Pat

• Crafty Staff
  • Control
  • We have all the time in the world.
    • View Profile
    • Crafty Games
« Reply #469 on: March 15, 2017, 05:38:51 PM »
(However, I am curious if 10KB is going SC2 or SC3 at this point but that's a different discussion for Alex.)

The plan is for 10kB to be a Spycraft Third product when the RPG hits. Spycraft 2.0 is a legacy system and there are no plans to release more product for it.

Would it annoy you or in any way make you feel uncomfortable if I started a thread about what posters hope to see out of the Spellbound material?  Mostly I feel like it would help me wait if I faffed about discussing Spellbound with no expectations, but I understand Creator OPD and that you might feel like it would cause you to feel expected to do things.

Thanks for asking. I'm fine with it so long as it doesn't turn into questions about the release or backlash that it's not out yet. That needs to be stated right up front, and if it goes that way I'll probably be forced to shut the thread down.

It makes me sad that this product and Spycraft Third basically prevent us from ever discussing anything related to fantasy or espionage gaming anymore. Alex posted to Facebook with a really fun article about the CIA using board games for training and the first (and only) two comments were about Spycraft Third not being out. So I had to take the post down.

This is exactly the reason we don't talk about things we have in development anymore, until they're ready to drop. It's also why I say there are only two remaining RPG product release obligations for us: Spellbound and Spycraft Third Edition. Literally every other RPG product we've ever talked about, or will ever talk about, is unconfirmed until and unless we actually release it. I expect this will be a Crafty communication mandate for the life of the company - because it's clear to us now that anticipation fatigue is real, and sharing too early directly and profoundly hurts everything we do.

Sad. I'd really love to be more open about our stuff, I'd love to include everyone in development cycles too, but good games take years to make and neither Alex nor I have any interest in reliving the processes with these two RPG products. Not ever again, for any reason.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 06:02:30 PM by Crafty_Pat »
Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Newsletter: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+Crafty-Games/
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is broken.