Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 29, 2015, 03:28:10 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Mysterious Freelancer Revealed! Plus Spellbound Status Report!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mysterious Freelancer Revealed! Plus Spellbound Status Report!  (Read 4649 times)
Deral
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 22, 2015, 08:14:17 AM »

Is there any new information as to when the first Spellbound PDFs will release?
First Quarter of this year, so sometime before the end of March.

Beyond that, we have no clue. Nothing's said because no one wants to disappoint if it gets delayed for whatever reason.

Considering they just finished the last spells in the other thread, I imagine it will start pretty soon.

Relatively soon, anyhow, but don't forget there was a bit more to be written (NPCs, at the very least, might not have been completed by the other freelancer) and there's likely still layout and editing to be done, possibly another round of final checks after that.

Doesn't make it any less surreal that it's on the horizon - 10/10 for sheer perseverance.
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 23, 2015, 03:40:33 PM »

Correct. There are still NPC stat blocks to be done, a full review and edits to be made, at least one round of revisions, then layout. I think we can still start the trickly prior to the end of March, but it's not like it's coming out in 2 weeks Smiley

"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: January 23, 2015, 04:07:30 PM »

If you need help with the NPC stat blocks, you know the community is always happy to give a hand. I don't know how much it really helped with the spells, and how much you already had figured out, but at least I can feel the good it did on our general morale around here. Anguishing wait has been replaced with trepidation again!    Wink
Salvatos
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 23, 2015, 07:07:36 PM »

Speaking of which, will you be crowdsourcing some proofing as usual? I haven't done a lot of volunteering lately, I need to rake up some good karma again Smiley
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 23, 2015, 07:41:50 PM »

Speaking of which, will you be crowdsourcing some proofing as usual? I haven't done a lot of volunteering lately, I need to rake up some good karma again Smiley

That depends mainly on our timeline. We need to get Spellbound out within a certain window, so as to maintain our schedule on a pile of other projects (including Spycraft Third).

"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

We have all the time in the world.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: January 24, 2015, 03:24:08 AM »

Alex just uploaded everything to me and I've started the conversation about where it falls in my priority list. I won't hazard a public guess as to where it will land yet, but I think it's a safe bet that I'll have to let it sit at least a wee bit. Will try to keep you posted, but yes, not in the next two weeks methinks. Smiley

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 24, 2015, 06:35:32 AM »

I'm very curious about how many of the motley collection of homebrew feats in the spoiler below (and the feats that others made in the same thread) will be entirely redundant come Spellbound's release, but the wait will be no worry at all.  In fact, late March is pretty perfectly timed for me :-)

(click to show/hide)
SilvercatMoonpaw
Control

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2015, 08:43:30 PM »

I just noticed the Crusader doesn't list what abilities the Sage can cross-train from them.  May seem odd to mention that here, but just in case the Crafty folk have let Cross-Training slip their minds this is a reminder that it's a possibility for the classes in Spellbound.
Salvatos
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2015, 10:14:17 PM »

It's there on page 9: called to arms I; battle chants I; bonus feat; and path of the crusader.
SilvercatMoonpaw
Control

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 26, 2015, 07:39:15 AM »

Ah, thank you.  Not very prominent, though, not like in the Adventure Companion where it's in a blue sidebar box.

Just saying. Wink
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: