Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 02, 2015, 02:05:48 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  [LABORATORY] The final Spellbound spells
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [LABORATORY] The final Spellbound spells  (Read 6476 times)
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: January 23, 2015, 02:03:15 PM »

New version:

Corpse Spasm II
Level: 2 Necromancy
Casting Time: 1 half action
Duration: 1 round per Casting Level
Effect: As Corpse Spasm I, except that you may end this spell as a free action to make the corpse take 1 half action. If this action requires an attack or skill check, its bonus to this check is equal to one-half your Casting Level (rounded down).

1 rd/caster level duration is too short. I think it needs to function more like a booby trap / Necromantic adaption of the Alarm spell, especially if you have to position the corpse to make its action effective. Cancelling the spell early could then generate a bonus to the subsequent check in a manner similar to living library otherwise the programmed action executes at the end of the duration

Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 23, 2015, 02:32:30 PM »

New version:

Corpse Spasm II
Level: 2 Necromancy
Casting Time: 1 half action
Duration: 1 round per Casting Level
Effect: As Corpse Spasm I, except that you may end this spell as a free action to make the corpse take 1 half action. If this action requires an attack or skill check, its bonus to this check is equal to one-half your Casting Level (rounded down).

1 rd/caster level duration is too short. I think it needs to function more like a booby trap / Necromantic adaption of the Alarm spell, especially if you have to position the corpse to make its action effective. Cancelling the spell early could then generate a bonus to the subsequent check in a manner similar to living library otherwise the programmed action executes at the end of the duration

I saw your suggestions, and deliberately chose this one. Planning something that's not a straight up, single function trap like Alarm is nearly impossible and leads to option/play paralysis.

"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games
fectin
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 23, 2015, 06:00:54 PM »

Is there a way to reword Corpse Spasm 2 so that the corpse can twitch in life-like ways for the entire duration?

As written it still seems a little over-leveled for the intended use, but also seems subject to some really silly cheesiness: e.g. duct tape, dead pixies, this spell and a tactics roll get you one hell of a surprise round (though I think those tactics would be surprising at any time). That's not necessarily a bug, since it takes an inordinate amount of setup (and lets you duplicate the Army of Darkness scene where all the hands burst up through the ground!), but I don't think it's the intended use either.
Dirigible
Agent

Terror to animal creation

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 23, 2015, 07:14:12 PM »

I assumed the original name was a tribute to A Twitch Of The Death Nerve.

Midnight to Fantasy Craft Conversion. Recent Addition: Skill-Based Magic.
teroks
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 18, 2015, 04:25:24 AM »

Any news from this book? When it is coming out?
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

We have all the time in the world.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: February 18, 2015, 05:37:40 AM »

Any news from this book? When it is coming out?

Still in edits. No further news to report.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is broken.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: