Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 03, 2014, 02:51:04 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Fallout PbP: The Blood-Dimmed Tide (In Character)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fallout PbP: The Blood-Dimmed Tide (In Character)  (Read 24157 times)
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #540 on: November 02, 2010, 05:26:15 AM »

"Aw, that's fucked up, mang," Hondo mutters, looking at his security homies.

(click to show/hide)

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 02, 2010, 05:42:06 AM »

As Frank steps over toward the cement, the Chief levels his handgun at him. "Freeze Gennaro!" Fingers audibly tighten on triggers. "Back off, or I will kill you Frank!" Despite the warning, Frank slowly moves over to the cement bags and sits on them.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 02:12:48 PM by glimmerrat » Logged

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 02, 2010, 02:03:29 PM »

Marcus will slowly back away towards the elevator.  Looking over to the chief, he says, "Thanks, chief.  I was thinking about staying top-side, anyways.  At least there, my friends are my friends and only my enemies will stab me in the back."  Marcus smiles wryly.  "It's a pity, really.  I thought this place was a utopia, but really, the world up top is better than the world down here."  Marcus motions to the building supplies.  "This place wouldn't survive without the rest of the world but the same can't be said in reverse."

Then to his companions, "Come on, guys, let's get out of here.  Months and years from now these people will be wondering what has become of us, but odds are, this place won't even cross our minds."

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
Girlfriday
Operative

Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 02, 2010, 02:15:05 PM »

Elsie snatches up Tex and heads for the side door, motioning Alice to hurry up.

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #544 on: November 02, 2010, 02:22:11 PM »

Alice grumped and finished the current step of disassembly before following Elsie.  As the ladies waited for the elevator Alice leaned over and stage whispered, "what happened to our jumpsuits anyway?  And do we really want to flip out the security guys?  'Cause I think that'll be hella easy."

(click to show/hide)

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #545 on: November 02, 2010, 05:08:34 PM »

"Mang, fuck you guys!" Hondo spits. "Hey Chief, mang, you know the Vault's underwater, right? And you guys," he looks at Slim and some of the other security goons he knows, "Up above us it's a island. The Vault's built in a island. It's fucking underwater. So you guys decide what happens next time it starts to leak and shit. 'Cuz when that happens the fuckin' Overseer's gonna look for punks like you guys, and then you'll be where I'm standin'. But whatever." He turns to the elevator.

"Fuck you guys."

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 04, 2010, 11:42:37 PM »

Franklin motions the others to continue towards the elevator, simply saying "Go on ahead, I'll take the next one. Got some things to say to the Overseer, but I'm still formulating it. Won't take long, I promise."

While his friends retreat to the elevator, Franklin sits in a far too relaxed position, considering the situation, with an entirely inappropriate little half-smile on his face. Once they're in the elevator, he turns off the pipboy radio, and adresses the overseer.

"I gotta say, this is probably the greatest mistake of your life. Driving us away when inside the Vault you could've kept an eye on us, make sure we didn't say or do anything that could jeopardize the vault. I know you know there's more than just a radioactive wasteland filled with barbarians out there, as one of the groups tried to contact you. They're mostly nice guys, but this other group? Apparently, their way of greeting is with a laser blast to the face. And apparently they'd be interested in the locations of active Vaults, perhaps interested enough to pay for a man to live in comfort, even out there? Oh, but we wouldn't do that, we were raised in a good and decent society where we were taught to not betray and backstab our friends and neighbors... Oh.

The glare he sends the Overseer is stone cold, and there's a small pause to let the words sink in before he continues.

"Hell, even if we didn't, there's a good chance that some time from now, we'll get so drunk on what passes from alcohol now and bitter as hell, come down here with all the explosives we could muster and blow this entranceway to kingdom come. And as Hondo said, this place's underwater, and if it's one thing water's good at it's wearing things down. This place will spring a leak again, and with no way out? I hear drowning's a bad way to go...

He shrugs, and slowly gets up, subject apparently dropped.

"Well, whatever. We'll have a good, long time to... think things through. And you'll get to spend that time dreading your biggest mistake coming back to bite you in the ass."

Franklin flashes the Overseer what would be a smile, but there's far too much teeth involved to be one.

(click to show/hide)

He turns to leave, but as he passes the bags of cement he pauses, reaches down and slowly cuts the palm of his hand on the autoaxe's blade. He takes a moment to smear the blood out over the rest of his hand before pressing it on the bag, leaving a bloody handprint on it.

"Just a reminder that this was acquired with our blood, sweat and tears. Don't ever forget it."

He walks over to the elevator just as it dings, signaling that it has arrived down again. He's feeling sick to his stomach, and is looking forward to getting some fresh air.

(click to show/hide)

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 05, 2010, 05:57:03 AM »

The Overseer listens to Frank as he says his piece. He seems to be unmoved, although he doesn’t return Frank’s smile. “Thank you Francis – initially I was hesitant to exile the five of you, but now your taint is plain to see. You’re quite mad, you know? I’m doing your families a favor by keeping you away from them.” Now he smiles. “Speaking of insurance, remember that your families still live here.” The chief flinches noticeably at that one. “I will keep this Vault safe from the horrors of the wastelands, even if a few must be sacrificed to save the many…”

As Frank leaves a bloody reminder on the top bag of cement and backs off into the elevator, all twelve of the security goons keep their guns trained on him. They move forward to collect their bounty as the ancient machine begins its slow, rattling journey upwards. As Frank scales the fire escape on the last leg of the ascent, he hears the telltale klaxon sound below. A deep, bass rumbling signals the movement of the great Vault door, and with a very final boom, it closes... forever.

Frank emerges into the sunlight of a (relatively) bright day. Stunted sea birds with tattered plumage screech as they hover on the fetid breeze, and the five of you gather together to hear what Frank has to say. He says nothing. Parker sits on the sea wall nearby, tuning through his pip-boy radio until he finds Bert the Turtle’s familiar broadcast. Tinny music blares from the small speaker as he smiles at you all; you can’t tell if it’s a welcoming smile, or an apologetic one.

The mist-shrouded headland of Old Manhattan is visible across the bay, as you take in the vista. Welcome to the Ny City Wasteland.

MISSION ENDS
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 11:28:08 AM by glimmerrat » Logged

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: