Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 10:09:49 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Fallout PbP: The Blood-Dimmed Tide (In Character)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fallout PbP: The Blood-Dimmed Tide (In Character)  (Read 24904 times)
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: October 30, 2010, 11:55:50 AM »

Hondo relaxes leaning against the cool metal of Lady Liberty's head, and uses the fact that it's a big-ass echo chamber to get some guitar time in.

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 31, 2010, 12:14:09 AM »

Elsie and Marcus see Alice emerge from the side door, cursing like a sailor. She grabs a bag of cement and procedes to drag it back inside.

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 31, 2010, 05:53:22 AM »

Franklin finds a good spot to sit and enjoy the view while listening to Hondo playing the guitar. Right now, from way above and at a distance, the surface world doesn't seem like the shithole it is. He'll just sit here a little while longer and enjoy the view.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 31, 2010, 01:04:37 PM »

Marcus stood watching the hazy city across the water, lost in thought.  When he see Alice start carrying supplies he snaps out of it and asks here where the Vault guys are that were supposed to help.  After she complains about them, he'll shake his head, sigh, and then smile.  "Come on, I'll help you carry it down."

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: October 31, 2010, 07:16:06 PM »

Alice waved away Marcus' offer, "I got this ONE."  Not taking any heed to someone maybe following her, she carried the bag to the elevator and leaned over the edge.  "Are you listening?" she shouted.  "Here's the last bag of cement I'm hauling for you lazy asses!"  As the echoes of her infuriated shriek faded, Alice lifted the bag of cement over her head and threw it down the shaft, turning with a satisfied smirk at the thump the bag made when it hit.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Girlfriday
Operative

Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 01, 2010, 05:58:59 AM »

Elsie climbs the stairs to the top of the pedestal, and then, standing at the base of the statue she shouts upwards. "Guys - Alice has gone crazy. She's throwing bags of cement down the elevator shaft. Can you come help?"

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #531 on: November 01, 2010, 08:11:04 AM »

The bag of cement disposed of, Alice went looking for Scribe Parker to investigate the salvage of the blasted turret he dumped off the pier.  Perhaps there are parts still of value...

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 01, 2010, 09:03:06 AM »

Franklin sighs to himself and starts climbing down again, muttering something about 'never a moment's rest.' Upon climbing down and discovering that Alice had not, in fact, gone crazy but was just venting some steam towards the Overseer, he can't help but chuckle. Right now the Overseer deserves more than a little grief; he'd probably have tossed a sack down as well if he'd been there. But right now, looking to make himself useful, he decides to help Alice with her little salvage operation.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #533 on: November 01, 2010, 12:09:25 PM »

Hondo heads down the stairs with Franklin, and upon establishing that Alice wasn't crazy (or at least not any MORE crazy), as well as establishing what the deal is with the overseer, he sighs and starts loading the shit. May as well get this the fuck done.

When he reaches the bottom with the first load, he rings the bell or whatever to let people know to come collect the start of the shit.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 12:11:39 PM by Gentry » Logged

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 01, 2010, 12:51:05 PM »

While Alice is busy bothering Andrew about the location of the sunk turret, Marcus, Frank and Hondo begin loading the building supplies onto the elevator.

An hour later the supplies are stacked up outside the Vault door. With a crackle and a flick, the lights blink on, illuminating the room. Several LEDs light up on the nearby control panel, and with a 'click', a familiar voice echoes from the speaker.
"Ah yes, excellent! Hello Hondo, Franklin and Marcus - I see you have the building materials." A camera that was hidden in a niche above the Vault door swivels from side-to-side, panning over each of you. It is obviously the Overseer. He's probably conducting this conversation from his office, sat in that nice comfy chair of his. "Those are some, ah... interesting clothes that you're wearing. Where are your regulation jumpsuits, and where is Alice and Elspeth?" He sounds a little concerned.

Meanwhile, upstairs Andrew is vigorously shaking his head at Alice.
"Uh-uh. That's a bad idea. You'd need something capable of hauling the turret's waterlogged carcass out of the water, and we don't have any rope strong enough. Also, I stripped it of ammo and any electronics worth mentioning." He shrugs apologetically. "Trust me, it's a hulk."

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #535 on: November 01, 2010, 01:11:23 PM »

Alice blushed when Andrew said he had stripped the turret completely. "Sorry for, um, thinkin' ya hadn't done that.  I guess I'll go finish making the turret the Blackhawks 'gave' me a bit more portable."

She scurried back to her turret, and began carefully dismantling it for parts.

(click to show/hide)

Gentry