Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 09:12:46 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Fallout PbP: The Blood-Dimmed Tide (In Character)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fallout PbP: The Blood-Dimmed Tide (In Character)  (Read 25832 times)
Girlfriday
Operative

Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 01:32:53 PM »

Elsie slowly backs up, hands over her mouth. When she bumps into a nearby wall, she flinches. She lowers her hands, looking around and muttering: "We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto..."

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 02:01:32 PM »

Alice sighs and stands, wiping her face with her wet hand and leaving a dark streak of blood under her right eye as she walks over to the others.  "Can I have one of the stimpacks to use on, that guy?  I think his name is Parker.  And we might want to get everyone inside?"  Recovered stimpack in belt, she begins to carve strips of robe off of one of the corpses to better bind Parker's wounds.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 06:21:27 PM »

Marcus concernedly takes in all that is going on, trying to decide if they should be trying to save this man.  At Alice's request to use a stimpack on the guy, Marcus speaks up.

"This man knows we came from the the vault.  He said so himself.  If we revive him, we would be doing so at the risk of everyone back home.  Our instructions were clear about making sure no one knew about that.  I want to help this man, but we should all be very aware of the risks in doing so before we proceed.  Are we sure this is what we want to do?"

(click to show/hide)

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 07:16:45 PM »

Hondo stands uncertainly, looking at the corpses and wondering if Marcus is right.

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 09:58:50 PM »

"He can't very well tell us anything if he's dead, can he?  I don't see any robobrain chassis around here, and those tend to blank the brain anyway."  Alice glared up at her friends and waved her arms, one hand full of bladed multi-tool, the other with strips of robe, at the mist, water, and destruction.  "Nevermind that he already knows about the Vault, so killing him won't keep our families safe from his friends.  Besides, it's not like We know how to get off this damn island!" 

(Do we have maps of the area?  Obviously they would be a bit out of date but knowing which way to Manhattan, New Jersey, and Staten Island would be pertinent information, and useful if it's in our Pip Boys.)

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 12:07:11 PM »

"Maybe he knows where we can get the shit we need for the Vault?" Hondo ventures.

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2010, 12:38:24 PM »

Franklin speaks up: "He didn't see us leave the vault, and so long as we don't confirm his suspicions, we're strictly speaking not violating the Overseer's orders. Having someone grateful to us would be incredibly useful in learning how to not sticking out like a sore thumb out here. Also, killing an unconscious man in cold blood is not something I'd want to be a part of."

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Girlfriday
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2010, 01:38:22 PM »

"What he said" Elsie adds, pointing at Frank. "Anyway, why waste good genes?" she says, peering over Alice's shoulder. "He is kinda cute..."

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2010, 01:49:40 PM »

"Buh?"  Alice dropped her arms and stared at Elsie, her train of thought a smoldering wreck crumpled by its tracks.  Firing up the boilers on a new locomotive, she offers Elsie the strips of cloth she had cut off another robe.  "Help Marcus make him comfy while I see what we can make of and from their gear?"

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 02:09:53 PM »

Alice jabs the needle from a stimpack into the unconscious man's good shoulder. His eyes flicker open, and he immediately reaches behind Alice, grasping for his gun with wild eyes. When he sees you all, he calms somewhat and says matter-of-factly "You're from the Vault. I didn't think your Overseer was the type to change his mind." He sighs. "Welcome to the Rotten Apple." He starts to chuckle, but it just turns into a coughing groan.

A short while later, inside the building which the great statue is perched atop, Alice finishes dressing the man's wounds. He has introduced himself as Scribe Parker of the Order of the Quill, and you find yourself in what appears to be a scratch-built laboratory. There are bookshelves here lined with books, many of which are singed or burned, and hundreds have been pulled off the shelves onto the floor and scattered around the room. The scientific apparatus (which includes a wealth of pre-war relics) looks mostly portable, but has been smashed to smithereens. Parker sits on a stool and looks at his freshly bandages hand. "Thank you. I assume you have questions - under the circumstances, i'm more than happy to offer any help I can." He smiles meekly.

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 02:38:09 PM »

"Well, a name and a title may be a good start, but that doesn't really tell us much.  Who are you, Parker, and who is it you're working for?"

Then, glancing up at the sky where the flying machine left.

"And more importantly, why were you here and who was that you were fighting?"

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
Girlfriday
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2010, 02:38:49 PM »

Elsie peering from behind Hondo slightly asks "How do we get off this god forsaken island? We have a very important mission ahead of us."

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2010, 02:39:54 PM »

Now that their new "friend" was no longer directly in Death's grasp, Alice relaxed a bit and collected up the laser pistols and followed everyone inside, perching on a desk near Scribe Parker, swiftly dismantling the broken pistols and stripping their frames, before moving on to clean and tune up Parker's pistol, listening all the while to the questions her friends ask of the wounded man.

(click to show/hide)

Gentry