Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 04:29:39 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  [Game-play] Predator: First Blood
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood  (Read 14731 times)
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 30, 2010, 08:38:15 AM »

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

As he works his way to the central area near Falling Leaf and Broken Tusk, Swift Spear takes stock of his defeated prey, and reloads his spear gun.

With a snarl of frustration, Tusk barrels forward, battering one of the hard meat aside and leaping over Swift Spear. He jumps feet first down the hole after the other hard meat.

Tough Nut slumps agonisingly to the ground, fighting to regain his composure; the acid blood of the hard meat will leave him horrifically scarred.

The hard meat that she's so far failed to kill hisses in mocking challenge to Falling Leaf. Unable to help herself, she charges after it -- and directly into a trap. Waiting on either side of the choke point, two more of its kind leap on her from either side. One of them wraps its strong spindly arms around her while the other rams its head into he chest as though she were a barri it's trying to break through.

Three Eyes continues to bide his time.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
The bug in Thunder Strike's grip struggles wildly, its tail coming dangerously close until he slashes out with his wrist blades, severing the limb amidst a spray of acid yellow blood that splashes across the trunk of a tree. It screams in page and rage, which only prompts him to hack off one of its arms.

Step drops down out of the tree, slashing with her own blade, but she only does minimal damage as the bug dodges most of the blow. It turns and hisses savagely, revealing a pair of tusks jutting from its jaw unlike any sort fo hard meat you've ever seen

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Broken tusk lands in a crouch. A tunnel into what may well be an even larger cave complex stretches out before him. And coming down that passage way is the sound of a great deal of hard meat beginning to stir in response to the echoing warning delivered by the meat he was following.

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 30, 2010, 10:34:48 AM »

Tusk rises up to his full height - he throws his head back and roars as long and as loud as he can. As the sound echoes off the cave walls, he assumes his familiar fighting stance, almost salivating at the chance for glory coming this way.

(click to show/hide)

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Girlfriday
Operative

Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 30, 2010, 10:38:15 AM »

Step ducks and weaves, jabbing at the throat and armpits of the strange breed of hard meat that confronts her.

(click to show/hide)

Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: October 30, 2010, 11:40:18 AM »

The volume of noise coming from Falling Leaf and her foes is demonstrative of "prey for everybody", so Three-Eye engages his ambush, moving like a dark avalanche behind Falling Leaf and around the mess she's in.

(click to show/hide)

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Dhampire
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 30, 2010, 12:49:59 PM »

Seeing an opportunity for a second kill, Swift Spear crosses the stream, using the stones as a bridge as he brings his spear gun up.

He then fires between the stone wall and the pillar at the Hard Meat which ambushed Falling Leaf.  Better to give a Yautja another chance to be blooded than have one fall to a prey.

(click to show/hide)

I aim to misbehave.
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 08, 2010, 11:23:21 AM »

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Seeing an opportunity for a second kill, Swift Spear crosses the stream, using the stones as a bridge as he brings his spear gun up. He then fires between the stone wall and the pillar at the Hard Meat which ambushed Falling Leaf, but the projectile flies harmlessly past and embeds itself in the rock.

Tough Nut pants as his head clears. Getting to his feet, he steps gingerly around the desolving rock, grasps the head of the slain hard meat and cuts it free to claim his prize.

The hard meat holding Falling Leaf from behind tightens its grip, momentarily immobilising her, but she finds to strength to wrench herself partially free. The sudden movement throws off the aim of the one attacking her from the front, and the head butt meant for her strikes the one behind her instead, but seems to have no effect.

The volume of noise coming from Falling Leaf and her foes is demonstrative of "prey for everybody", so Three-Eye engages his ambush, moving like a dark avalanche behind Falling Leaf and around the mess she's in. However, the meat that had lured Leaf into the ambush emerges from the dark and slashes the young warrior with its claws, drawing luminous green blood.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

The bug in Thunder Strike's grip continues to fightdespite its injuries, but the result is inevitable as he slams the creature hard against the tree to stun it before lopping off its head. Some of its blood splashes across his arm in posthumous vengence.

Step ducks and weaves, jabbing at the throat and armpits of the strange breed of hard meat that confronts her. The first few blows are ineffective but at least serve to defeat its attempt to grab and immobilise her, then she rakes it violently across the abdomen, cutting through its vitals

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Broken tusk rises up to his full height - he throws his head back and roars as long and as loud as he can. As the sound echoes off the cave walls, he assumes his familiar fighting stance, almost salivating at the chance for glory coming this way.

And it is coming his way. En masse...

Girlfriday
Operative

Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 08, 2010, 11:55:42 AM »

[OOC: Can I spend an action die to kill the damn thing, if it's a standard character?]

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 08, 2010, 12:13:19 PM »

ooc: The bugs are specials, but roll your d4 anyway -- a 4 will increase the damage sufficiently to kill it

Gentry