Author Topic: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood  (Read 19120 times)

Mister Andersen

• Control
  • I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know
    • View Profile
Re: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood
« Reply #255 on: October 30, 2010, 06:38:15 AM »
Spoiler: map • show

Spoiler: Cliff side lair • show

·   Spear: 1 acid damage.
·   Alien #2: Readied Ambush round: move; full action grapple Falling Leaf
o   Falling Leaf held
·   Alien #4: 1st - Taunt Leaf, success, 2nd - move
·   Broken Tusk: Jump down hole.
·   Tough Nut: 1 acid damage directly to wounds, full action - refresh
·   Falling Leaf: Double move
·   Alien #5: Readied Ambush round: 5' step, pummel Leaf @ 24 subdual
o   Leaf save vs critical, pass. Save vs subdual, fail, fatigued
o   pummel Leaf @ 18 subdual
§   Leaf save vs critical, pass. Save vs subdual, fail, fatigued II
·   Alien #6: [redacted]
·   Alien #7: [redacted]
·   3-Eyes: Ready action (spring ambush)

As he works his way to the central area near Falling Leaf and Broken Tusk, Swift Spear takes stock of his defeated prey, and reloads his spear gun.

With a snarl of frustration, Tusk barrels forward, battering one of the hard meat aside and leaping over Swift Spear. He jumps feet first down the hole after the other hard meat.

Tough Nut slumps agonisingly to the ground, fighting to regain his composure; the acid blood of the hard meat will leave him horrifically scarred.

The hard meat that she's so far failed to kill hisses in mocking challenge to Falling Leaf. Unable to help herself, she charges after it -- and directly into a trap. Waiting on either side of the choke point, two more of its kind leap on her from either side. One of them wraps its strong spindly arms around her while the other rams its head into he chest as though she were a barri it's trying to break through.

Three Eyes continues to bide his time.

Spoiler: Forest Hunter • show

·   Thunder: Damage bug @ 8 lethal + 12 keen
o   Bug saves vs 20, fails, looses tail
o   Thunder dodges acid spray
·   “Hunter”: [redacted]
·   Bug #1: Notice check, fail
·   Silent Step: Attack 1d20+3=20, damage 7 after DR
·   Bug #2: grapple, fail
o   Thunder: injure @ 7 lethal + 12 keen
o   Bug saves vs 19, fails, loses arm

The bug in Thunder Strike's grip struggles wildly, its tail coming dangerously close until he slashes out with his wrist blades, severing the limb amidst a spray of acid yellow blood that splashes across the trunk of a tree. It screams in page and rage, which only prompts him to hack off one of its arms.

Step drops down out of the tree, slashing with her own blade, but she only does minimal damage as the bug dodges most of the blow. It turns and hisses savagely, revealing a pair of tusks jutting from its jaw unlike any sort fo hard meat you've ever seen

Spoiler: Heart of Darkness • show

Broken Tusk: 19

·   Broken Tusk: Hits ground

Broken tusk lands in a crouch. A tunnel into what may well be an even larger cave complex stretches out before him. And coming down that passage way is the sound of a great deal of hard meat beginning to stir in response to the echoing warning delivered by the meat he was following.

glimmerrat

• Control
  • Iconoclast
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 30, 2010, 08:34:48 AM »
Tusk rises up to his full height - he throws his head back and roars as long and as loud as he can. As the sound echoes off the cave walls, he assumes his familiar fighting stance, almost salivating at the chance for glory coming this way.

Spoiler: show

Half Action: Stance (Overpowering Force)
VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

Girlfriday

• Operative
  • Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 30, 2010, 08:38:15 AM »
Step ducks and weaves, jabbing at the throat and armpits of the strange breed of hard meat that confronts her.

2x Half Action: Attack 1d20+3=5, 1d20+3=22
Damage 1d8+3=8, 1d8+3=6

Free Action: Parry (if necessary): 1d20+6=24

Gentry

• Control
  • It's a Trap!
    • View Profile
    • Wyrmstone Homepage
« Reply #258 on: October 30, 2010, 09:40:18 AM »
The volume of noise coming from Falling Leaf and her foes is demonstrative of "prey for everybody", so Three-Eye engages his ambush, moving like a dark avalanche behind Falling Leaf and around the mess she's in.

Based on how it appears the Hard Meat used their ambushes (mechanically speaking), it looks like it gives me an extra half action. I'll come off delay at the top of the initiative count and engage it (or at the bottom of last round, which is essentially the same thing).

Three-Eye will double move for a total of 80' of movement. That should allow me to move around the top of the pillar to Falling Leaf's east, between the pillar and the "+90 ft. " notation, to come around behind the Hard Meat and get the flank.

Assuming I used my ambush half action to start that move, I've still got a half action to attack with using my reach-y glaive.

Glaive attack 1d20+11=27.
damage 1d10+5+1d6=8, keen 16.

If for whatever reason the ambush didn't work, then the above attack is the result of my Contempt feat instead. Otherwise, I use my contempt feat to attack the Hard Meat a second time:

Contempt attack 1d20+11=12
and since that's a big 1, I'll spend an action die 1d4.open(4)=3.
I don't imagine 15's enough, but there it is anyway.

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil

Dhampire

• Operative
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 30, 2010, 10:49:59 AM »
Seeing an opportunity for a second kill, Swift Spear crosses the stream, using the stones as a bridge as he brings his spear gun up.

He then fires between the stone wall and the pillar at the Hard Meat which ambushed Falling Leaf.  Better to give a Yautja another chance to be blooded than have one fall to a prey.

Double Move: 80'- 20' (limp) = 60'
Contempt Attack: 1d20+7=14
Probably not a hit.

I aim to misbehave.

Mister Andersen

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 08, 2010, 08:23:21 AM »

·   Spear: Double move.
·   Alien #2: Grapple vs Falling Leaf, win, Leaf pinned
·   Alien #4: Delays
·   Tough Nut: recover 2 wounds, full - decapitate body
·   Falling Leaf: Grapple vs #2, win, held
·   Alien #5: Pummel Leaf, error, crit fail (Leaf spends AD), 24 damage
o   #2 dmg saves vs 16, passes; Fort saves  vs 16, passes
·   3-Eyes: double move, attack #2, fail
o   #4: half - move. half - attack, hit @ 8 lethal after DR

Seeing an opportunity for a second kill, Swift Spear crosses the stream, using the stones as a bridge as he brings his spear gun up. He then fires between the stone wall and the pillar at the Hard Meat which ambushed Falling Leaf, but the projectile flies harmlessly past and embeds itself in the rock.

Tough Nut pants as his head clears. Getting to his feet, he steps gingerly around the desolving rock, grasps the head of the slain hard meat and cuts it free to claim his prize.

The hard meat holding Falling Leaf from behind tightens its grip, momentarily immobilising her, but she finds to strength to wrench herself partially free. The sudden movement throws off the aim of the one attacking her from the front, and the head butt meant for her strikes the one behind her instead, but seems to have no effect.

The volume of noise coming from Falling Leaf and her foes is demonstrative of "prey for everybody", so Three-Eye engages his ambush, moving like a dark avalanche behind Falling Leaf and around the mess she's in. However, the meat that had lured Leaf into the ambush emerges from the dark and slashes the young warrior with its claws, drawing luminous green blood.

·   Thunder: Half - attack bug @ 4 lethal + 12 keen. half - attack bug, critical hit @ 11 + 12 keen
o   Bug saves vs 8, passes. Bug dies, death throes, hits for 5 acid, armour makes check
·   “Hunter”: [redacted]
·   Bug #1: grapple Step, fail
·   Silent Step: Half Action - Attack, fail. Half action - 1d20+3=22, critical hit @ 6 lethal

The bug in Thunder Strike's grip continues to fightdespite its injuries, but the result is inevitable as he slams the creature hard against the tree to stun it before lopping off its head. Some of its blood splashes across his arm in posthumous vengence.

Step ducks and weaves, jabbing at the throat and armpits of the strange breed of hard meat that confronts her. The first few blows are ineffective but at least serve to defeat its attempt to grab and immobilise her, then she rakes it violently across the abdomen, cutting through its vitals

Broken Tusk: 19

·   Broken Tusk: Half - Assume stance. Half - taunt

Broken tusk rises up to his full height - he throws his head back and roars as long and as loud as he can. As the sound echoes off the cave walls, he assumes his familiar fighting stance, almost salivating at the chance for glory coming this way.

And it is coming his way. En masse...

Girlfriday

• Operative
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 08, 2010, 08:55:42 AM »
[OOC: Can I spend an action die to kill the damn thing, if it's a standard character?]

Mister Andersen

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 08, 2010, 09:13:19 AM »
ooc: The bugs are specials, but roll your d4 anyway -- a 4 will increase the damage sufficiently to kill it

Gentry

• Control
  • It's a Trap!
    • View Profile
    • Wyrmstone Homepage
« Reply #263 on: November 08, 2010, 10:42:40 AM »
Three-Eye steps back and makes with the glaivin'.

I can't flank into Leaf's fight, largely because she's a stupid bitch and decided to grapple the one I could have helped with (while inaccurate, that's Three-Eye's story and he's sticking to it). So I'll deal with my own guy, sans flanking. I will take a 5' step back so I can be at reach with the Glaive, and attack the one who ambushed me (#4, it would seem). 
Glaive attack 1 1d20+11=19
For 1d10+5=11 damage, AP 2, keen 16.

From here I'm scripting two options:

Option A: The first attack kills the bug I'm fighting.

Action: I will take a half action to draw a Kama and, using Contempt, hurl it at the bug that's not involved in grappling Leaf.

Kama chuck 1d20+4=17
For 1d8+5=12 damage, AP 4, keen 16.

Option B: My bug's still kickin' (or these are special NPCs and so Contempt won't work).

Action: I keep at it.

Glaive attack 2 1d20+11=22
For 1d10+5=10 damage, AP 2, keen 16.

glimmerrat

• Control
  • Iconoclast
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 11, 2010, 10:49:55 AM »
Tusk raises his staff into a striking position.

Full Action: Ready Action (Half Action: Attack)

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

Girlfriday

• Operative
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 11, 2010, 10:55:02 AM »
Step jabs and feints, weaving in and out of the thing's range as she looks for an opening. Her first serious attempt is easily turned aside, but the second is driven home, right through the hard meat's forehead.

Action die to enhance last round's damage: 1d4=1

So I didn't kill it. Hence, I hit it again, twice:

Attack 1: 1d20+3=8
Attack 2: 1d20+3=22

Damage 2: 1d8+3=11

Dhampire

• Operative
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 11, 2010, 10:56:29 AM »
Another spear to the one I've shot at.  It's not claimed yet, right?

Half-Action: Handle Item
Free Contempt Attack: 1d20+7=23
Damage: 1d10+4=11, Keen 20, Bleed

If it's dead...
(after its death throws)
Half-Action: Move 30' NW towards what look like pods.

If it's not dead...
Half-Action: Move 20' N, 10' W around the pillar.
I aim to misbehave.

Mister Andersen

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 21, 2010, 03:22:36 PM »

·   Spear: Half-Action: Handle Item. Free Contempt Attack @ #5: 1d20+7=23. Damage: 1d10+4=11, Keen 20, Bleed
o   #5 save vs massive damage, pass. Save vs damage, fail. Save vs bleed, fail
·   Alien #2: Grapple vs Falling Leaf, loses, grapple ended
·   Alien #4: Flurry Attacks 3-Eye, hits x3, 24 lethal damage
o   3-eye save vs critical injury, fail, bleeding
·   Tough Nut: mount head on spear
·   Falling Leaf: attack/attack #5, fail/fail
·   Alien #5: flurry attack Leaf, hit, 30 damage, takes 4 damage (bleed), passes
o   Leaf save vs massive damage, fail, dies
·   3-Eyes: 5'step, Glaive attack #4, hit, 1d10+5=11 damage, AP 2, keen 16.
o   #4 save vs massive damage, fails, dies. Death throes, critical hit, spend AD, 7 points of acid to wounds, helmet fails 1st save, blinded, next action spent removing helmet

Swift Spear recocks his spear thrower and hurls it at one of the beasts attacking his pack mate. The shaft passes cleanly through the hard meat's shoulder, summoning a screaching his of outrage as he darts around the pillar towards the thick of the action.

Tough Nut roars in triumph and thrusts the severed head own onto his spear.

The hard meat holding Falling Leaf suffers another head butt, this time from its prey and its enough to force it to release her. With her arms free, she aims two desperate slashes with her wrist blades at the one that had been attacking her from the front but in her worn state the attacks fall short and leave her open to a brutal counter attack that culminates with the hard meat slashing her belly open with its tail as it drives its tounge through her mask and deep into her brain, killing her instantly.

Three-Eye steps hurredly backwards, avoiding the recoiling meat that had been engaged with his fallen pack mate and stabs savagely forward. Though he lands a killing blow that slices its head from its body, it is poorly chosen and a gush of acid arcs through the dark and strikes his mask, burning out the optical sensors as it begins to eat through the metal towards his face.

·   Thunder: Half - search check. Move 40' into canopy
·   “Hunter”: Attack Thunder, 5 damage.
o   save vs critical, fail, bleed, knock back, 3 falling damage.
o   Energy attack vs Thunder, critical error, disarmed,
·   Bug #1: grapple Step, fail
·   Silent Step: Attack 1, fail. Attack 2, threat, spend AD, bug dies
o   Death throes misses.

Manfully ignoring the sting from his splash injury, Thunderstrike immediately leaps into the canopy overhead in an attempt to track the other hunter. He is already too late, however, as his foe aims a slash at his groin. The armour is enough to deflect the worst of it, but the impact is enough to knock him backwards out of the tree where he lands heavily on the ground. But it is not total defeat, for in his hand he holds his opponent's plasma caster.

The remaining bug once again attempts to wrap itself around the young yutja fighting it in order to burn her to death with its own injury, but Step proves too fast: a scything blow rips open the top of the beats skull, and she dances away as the plume of acid harmlessly detroys the greenery.

·   Alien #2: Run (flatfooted)
·   Alien #3: Run (flatfooted)
·   Alien #4: Run (flatfooted)
·   Alien #5: Run (flatfooted)
·   Alien #6: Run (flatfooted)
·   Broken Tusk: Attack #2, critical hit, spend AD
o   #2 fails damage save, dies. Death throes misses.

Broken tusk readies himself as the first wave of the hard meat erupts from the depths and swarms him. With contemptuous ease he slays the first of them to fall within his reach, but already he can glimpse even more following the first five.

Gentry

• Control
  • It's a Trap!
    • View Profile
    • Wyrmstone Homepage
« Reply #268 on: November 21, 2010, 04:51:50 PM »
There's no way out, and Three-Eye realizes he's broken his first and greatest rule, to catastrophic consequences. But he won't dishonor his ancestors by turning his back on prey. He keeps swinging for the fences.

As unlikely as it is that Three-Eye will still be alive when his initiative count comes around again, I'll roll attacks here just in case.

1st glaive attack 1d20+8=18
for 1d10+4=10 lethal, keen 16.

2nd glaive attack 1d20+8=19
for 1d10+4=13 lethal, keen 16

Contempt glaive attack 1d20+8=19
for 1d10+4=14 lethal, keen 16

If/when something dies, Three-Eye uses his free Threaten action via Glint of Madness to pile stress damage onto whatever foe's closest.

Threatening on spec 1d20+8=27
for 1d10=10 stress damage

At least he'll go out in a blaze of glory. Assuming he survives to his init count, anyway.  :)

glimmerrat

• Control
  • Iconoclast
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 22, 2010, 02:18:01 AM »
Laughing with the thrill of exhileration, Tusk slashes left and right. As one of the hard meat falls to his blade, he roars in exhultation, continuing to attack. As the creatures press the attack, he nimbly leaps backwards and bounds up out of the hole he jumped down. He shouts "Does anyone still have need of a kill? I come bearing gifts!" He pirouettes on the ball of one foot, dreds flicking out behind him as he turns to meet the tidal surge of bodies.

Half Action: Attack 1d20+7=12
Damage: 1d12+3=11

Free Action: Contempt Attack 1d20+7=10
Damage: 1d12+3=13

Half Action: Move; backward, away from the hard meat and up out of the hole. I can do this thanks to Wire-Fu, and FC p204 indicates that as long as the first 10 ft. of movement does not leave me adjacent to an opponent then I can take a standard move action. Right?  ???

Yeah, right - as if i'm gonna survive long enough to do any of this...