Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 07:50:14 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  [Game-play] Predator: First Blood
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood  (Read 15208 times)
Dhampire
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 13, 2010, 03:07:41 PM »

Swift Spear takes a step back to provide decent distance, then raises up his spear-gun, and fires the trigger at the one which slammed him against the wall.  After, he raises his spear to avoid the hard-meat's counterattack, and readies another weapon to continue the fight.

(click to show/hide)

I aim to misbehave.
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 14, 2010, 03:53:57 PM »

Critical injury: damage 16-25 or threat, Fort save vs half damge, 2d20+damage to determine injury
Massive damage: 26+ damage, Fort save vs half damage, dies.

Damage Save trumps MD trumps CI

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Swift Spear takes a step back to provide decent distance, then raises up his spear-gun, and fires the trigger at the one which slammed him against the wall. The shaft cleaves through the hard meat's neck and embeds itself in the far wall where it begins to melt away. Caustic blood sprays forth from the wound as the creature collapses, some of it splashing across its killer, prompting him to hurredly tear his rapidly disintegrating armour free even as the flesh across chest begins to smoulder and corrode.

The one that had been seeking to attack from behind charges though the cave entrance where it is met by Tough Nut. His sword describes a perfect arc through the air, severing one of its arms at the shoulder amidst a spray of yellow. Angered and hurt, it rakes him with its remaining claw but in doing so sets itself up for Nut to deliver the killing blow that eviscerates it. His timing is off, however, and he catches a steaming gout of acid down his left side. He howls in agony.

Broken Tusk curls his lip in annoyance at Spear's good fortune, but holds back, confident that more will show themselves soon. His spins his combi-stick in the close confines of the cave, then raises it in a fighting stance. One does so, letting forth a horrible shriek that had the younf buck been closer would surely have stolen a beat of his heart.

The challenge however spurs Falling Leaf onwards. Lunging across the stream, she comes to Tusk's side before pivoting, drawing her bow and letting fly a single shaft that flies true and slams home into the hard meat's mouth, silencing it for the moment but failing to fell it.

Deeper in the complex, the other hard meat shrill and move unseen.

Three Eyes just smiles to himself, letting the other two act as his stalking horses, knowing the prey will come.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

The nearest bug slews around the tree with a feral hiss, only to meet Thunder strike's blades. Unfortunately, the hard meat is too quick and the wicked prongs of the wrist blades glance off its reddish armour. It tries to retaliate, but is even less effective and misses entirely.

Hearing the bug to the left approaching, Step takes shelter up the nearest tree, becoming obscured by some branches as she readies her weapon for what must be the quarry's imminent arrival.

Girlfriday
Operative

Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 15, 2010, 05:35:30 AM »

Silent Step holds her ground.

(click to show/hide)

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 15, 2010, 09:00:46 AM »

Tusk swings his combi-stick, spinning it around his waist and his shoulders and slashing about him.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 09:11:19 AM by glimmerrat » Logged

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Dhampire
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 15, 2010, 10:18:51 AM »

Swift Spear sheds his armor, in an effort to not be further injured by his defeated prey.  After a bit of a chuckle, Swift Spear lets out a roar of triumph.

I aim to misbehave.
Dhampire
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 21, 2010, 10:36:02 AM »

ooc: *nudge* It's been nearly a week.

I aim to misbehave.
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: October 21, 2010, 12:23:34 PM »

Sorry. I figured my action was effectively set, but I may as well state the mechanics of it:

Tactics check (round 2 and final): 1d20+10=23

If that beats their Notice (which I assume they make as a team), then Three-Eye gets a surprise round in between this round and the next. I'm fuzzy on how this affects my hunting allies.

On the off chance that a Hard Meat gets within reach 2 of Three-Eye, he'll take his free Contempt attack on it. 
Glaive 1d20+7=16 (if that's a close miss, like within 2 points, please spend an action die for me on it), dmg 1d10+5=15 (keen 16).

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 21, 2010, 01:35:41 PM »

ooc: Everyone gets a bonus AD, I'm introducing the Gunmen quality from SC 2.0. Not only will this benefit those of you with ranged attacks, but it also increases the utility of a number of actions. I have taken a slight liberty with how it works

(click to show/hide)

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 21, 2010, 05:57:07 PM »

Cave Lair (map remains essentially unchanged)
(click to show/hide)

Swift Spear sheds his armor, in an effort to not be further injured by his defeated prey.  After a bit of a chuckle, he lets out a roar of triumph: first blood is his!

Tusk swings his combi-stick, spinning it around his waist and his shoulders and slashing about him.

The hard meat that had unsuccessfully threatened Broken Tusk moves forward, hissing angrily as a trickled of acid dribbles from it mouth, its continued existance a goad to Falling Leaf, who lets loose another 2 arrows at it. Both however fail to strike home.

Tough Nut hurriedly pulls off his armour, every movement agony. But he too is exultant, having claimed his opponent and with it his manhood.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Thunderstrike drops into a ready stance and smashes out with his wrist blades, catching the bug a glancing across the side of the head. In response, it lunges at him, trying to wrap its arms about him but he proves too agile, slipping out of its grasp and putting it in one of his own.

Meanwhile, the other bug comes with feet of the tree Silent Step is in.

Dhampire
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 22, 2010, 08:43:53 AM »

As he works his way to the central area near Falling Leaf and Broken Tusk, Swift Spear takes stock of his defeated prey, and reloads his spear gun.

Half-Action: Handle Item: Spear reload.
Half-Action: Move 30'

ooc: If there is something to be done to preserve some trophy, I'll do that instead... until interrupted.

I aim to misbehave.
Gentry