Cave Lair Initiative
· Spear: Run 30'x4=120' ft.
· Alien #1: Bullrush vs Spear, 1d20+13=24 vs 1d20+8=14, success
o Spear takes 1d6+4=10 subdual (AP 6), 1d20+5=15 vs DC 15 fort save, success
· Alien #2: Double move 80
· Alien #3: Double move 80 (Blend 12)
· Alien #4: Double move 80
· Broken Tusk: Double move 80'
· Tough Nut: Free - Notice 21. Full - Ready (attack incoming)
· Falling Leaf: Free - Notice 18. Full - Double move 80
· Alien #5: Double move
· Alien #6: Double move
· Alien #7: Double move
· 3-Eyes: Double move 80' (Your crit is what's letting you know ahead of time you're facing off against seven of the hard meat -- not counting the one that disappeared down the hole...
Swift Spear charges boldly -- foolishly -- into the cave, eager to claim the first kill and secure his ascension to adulthood. But as he closes on the hole, the second of the hard meat erupts out of hiding and slams him brutally against the tunnel wall.
Seeing this, Tusk also races eagerly into the lair, jumping across the stream but coming to a halt a little away from his fellow fledgling, obviously not about to interfere with Spear's hunt, but ready to make his own claim should Spear prove insufficient.
Tough Nut and Falling Leaf both pause, aware of movement outside the cavemouth they'd entered through. His chest swelling, Tough Nut lays claim to this one and so Leaf also ventures further into the cave to seek her destiny.
Three-Eyes is the last to enter the testing ground, but he is perhaps also the most observant. As he draws near to Tusk, he can make out the sound of the other beasts moving, their tell-tale auras masked by the rock. However, he's certain that including the one facing Spear and the second about to be ambushed by Tough Nut, there are at least seven of them up here. One more than Thunderstrike had said there would be. Perhaps he was lying to lull his students into a false sense of security...
· Thunder: Handle item (remove caster), Handle item (mount caster on tree)
· Hunter: Suppressive fire
· Bug #1: Full action - Double move 80. Free action - Blend 13
· Silent Step: Full action - Sneak 40. Free action - notice check, success
· Bug #2: Full action - Double move 80. Free action - blend check, fail
Thunder Strike pulls his entire caster mount off his shoulder and drives it onto one of the branches of the tree he's sheltering behind. The movement prompts more of the rapid-fire plasma shots from the unseen opponent.
As Step moves stealthily towards her sensei, she hears the unmistakable scream of the hard meat coming from her left.