Author Topic: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood  (Read 19532 times)

Gentry

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 2866
  • It's a Trap!
    • View Profile
    • Wyrmstone Homepage
Re: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood
« Reply #225 on: October 07, 2010, 07:45:21 PM »
Three-Eye Init 1d20+4=7.
I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil

glimmerrat

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 3517
  • Iconoclast
    • View Profile
Re: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood
« Reply #226 on: October 08, 2010, 03:34:42 AM »
Broken Tusk Init: 1d20+6=19
VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

Girlfriday

  • Operative
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
  • Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.
    • View Profile
Re: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood
« Reply #227 on: October 08, 2010, 03:35:55 AM »
Silent Step Init: 1d20+10=17

Dhampire

  • Operative
  • ****
  • Posts: 438
    • View Profile
Re: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood
« Reply #228 on: October 08, 2010, 04:45:57 AM »
Swift Spear Init: 1d20+8=27http://
I aim to misbehave.

Mister Andersen

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 12125
  • I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know
    • View Profile
Re: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood
« Reply #229 on: October 08, 2010, 11:47:16 AM »
Spoiler: Cliffside round 1 • show



Whomever's through the choke point first this round will *just* catch sight of the hard meat's tail disappearing down a hole.

Cave Lair init

Swift Spear: 27
Broken Tusk: 19
Tough Nut: 18
Falling Leaf: 18
3-Eyes: 7



Spoiler: Forest round 1 • show



All Step can see as she enters the scene is Thunderstrike, with his back against a tree that has obviously taken a plasma hit.

Forest init
Thunder Strike: 21
Hunter: 19
Bug #1: 19
Silent Step: 17
Bug #2: 8

Dhampire

  • Operative
  • ****
  • Posts: 438
    • View Profile
Re: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood
« Reply #230 on: October 08, 2010, 12:46:25 PM »
"Remember, the faint flickers in your helmet and your ears will serve you in the dark," Swift Spear reminds the others before he takes off into the unknown.  Rushing headfirst through the choke point, he leaps deftly over the stream and stays glued to the left-hand side of the cavern wall, giving a pleased shout of "I see one!  Down the hole."

Spoiler: Mechanics and notes • show

more as a reminder to everyone, unless this is a new scene...
Free Action: Trailblazer: sharing Night Fighting.  (with our natural darkvision I, we increase to darkvision II, among other effects)

Full Action: Run 30'x4=120' ft.   Reduced movement sure is annoying.  I'll be flat-footed until I take another half or full action.
Free Action: Talk

[quote author=Mister Andersen link=topic=3868.msg78460#msg78460 date=1286563636]
Whomever's through the choke point first this round will *just* catch sight of the hard meat's tail disappearing down a hole.
[/quote]

Guess that's me. ;D
I aim to misbehave.

Mister Andersen

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 12125
  • I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know
    • View Profile
Re: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood
« Reply #231 on: October 11, 2010, 10:00:09 PM »
Prod

glimmerrat

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 3517
  • Iconoclast
    • View Profile
Re: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood
« Reply #232 on: October 11, 2010, 10:20:02 PM »
Tusk barrels down the tunnel, running for the cave mouth.

Spoiler: show

2x Half Action: Move
VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

Girlfriday

  • Operative
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
  • Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.
    • View Profile
Re: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood
« Reply #233 on: October 11, 2010, 10:22:29 PM »
Silent Step runs in a low crouch, chakram in hand, toward Thunderstrike's position.

Spoiler: show

Ghost Basics allows me to move up to my speed with no penalty on Sneak checks.

Half Action: Sneak 1d20+9=26
Half Action: Move 40 ft.

Gentry

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 2866
  • It's a Trap!
    • View Profile
    • Wyrmstone Homepage
Re: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood
« Reply #234 on: October 12, 2010, 03:40:54 AM »
Three-Eye carries on behind Tusk, glaive ready.

Spoiler: show

2x move.
Notice 1d20+7=27 (within 120' sight increment)
Boo-yah. I'll activate that crit (if it's in fact a success and a crit would help at all).
I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil

Mister Andersen

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 12125
  • I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know
    • View Profile
Re: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood
« Reply #235 on: October 12, 2010, 10:09:45 AM »
Spoiler: Cliffside map • show




Spoiler: Cave Lair Initiative • show

·    Spear: Run 30'x4=120' ft.
·    Alien #1: Bullrush vs Spear, 1d20+13=24 vs 1d20+8=14, success
     o    Spear takes 1d6+4=10 subdual (AP 6), 1d20+5=15 vs DC 15 fort save, success
·    Alien #2: Double move 80’
·    Alien #3: Double move 80’ (Blend 12)
·    Alien #4: Double move 80’
·    Broken Tusk: Double move 80'
·    Tough Nut: Free - Notice 21. Full - Ready (attack incoming)
·    Falling Leaf: Free - Notice 18. Full - Double move 80’
·    Alien #5: Double move
·    Alien #6: Double move
·    Alien #7: Double move
·    3-Eyes: Double move 80' (Your crit is what's letting you know ahead of time you're facing off against seven of the hard meat -- not counting the one that disappeared down the hole...


Swift Spear charges boldly -- foolishly -- into the cave, eager to claim the first kill and secure his ascension to adulthood. But as he closes on the hole, the second of the hard meat erupts out of hiding and slams him brutally against the tunnel wall.

Seeing this, Tusk also races eagerly into the lair, jumping across the stream but coming to a halt a little away from his fellow fledgling, obviously not about to interfere with Spear's hunt, but ready to make his own claim should Spear prove insufficient.

Tough Nut and Falling Leaf both pause, aware of movement outside the cavemouth they'd entered through. His chest swelling, Tough Nut lays claim to this one and so Leaf also ventures further into the cave to seek her destiny.

Three-Eyes is the last to enter the testing ground, but he is perhaps also the most observant. As he draws near to Tusk, he can make out the sound of the other beasts moving, their tell-tale auras masked by the rock. However, he's certain that including the one facing Spear and the second about to be ambushed by Tough Nut, there are at least seven of them up here. One more than Thunderstrike had said there would be. Perhaps he was lying to lull his students into a false sense of security...

Spoiler: Forest map • show



 
Spoiler: Forest Initiative • show

·   Thunder: Handle item (remove caster), Handle item (mount caster on tree)
·   “Hunter”: Suppressive fire
·   Bug #1: Full action - Double move 80’. Free action - Blend 13
·   Silent Step: Full action - Sneak 40’. Free action - notice check, success
·   Bug #2: Full action - Double move 80’. Free action - blend check, fail


Thunder Strike pulls his entire caster mount off his shoulder and drives it onto one of the branches of the tree he's sheltering behind. The movement prompts more of the rapid-fire plasma shots from the unseen opponent.

As Step moves stealthily towards her sensei, she hears the unmistakable scream of the hard meat coming from her left.

Gentry

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 2866
  • It's a Trap!
    • View Profile
    • Wyrmstone Homepage
Re: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood
« Reply #236 on: October 12, 2010, 10:30:39 AM »
Three-Eye gives a barking laugh, exulting in the adrenaline that marks the coming battle.

"We are outnumbered 2-to-1, my fellows! Glory indeed!"

Spoiler: show

Just to reiterate, everyone's benefitting from the Contempt feat (unless the scene changed somewhere along the line, in which case y'all get it again now).

As we're starting into a combat, I'm also invoking Crush Them!, so everyone's also got +2 on their melee and unarmed attack checks.

Three-Eye begins setting up a 2-round ambush, unless his old one's still running. I assume by "2 rounds" it means essentially "2 full actions", so I stand and roar, giving the impression that I'm far too preoccupied bellowing to defend myself. I assume as well that I can take Contempt's free attack even while prepping my quickie ambush, yes?

If my old ambush is still queued up (the argument in favor is that I've stayed more or less in position near and behind Broken Tusk, letting him draw attention while I stay ready to kack something), let me know.


« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 10:35:22 AM by Gentry »
I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil

Girlfriday

  • Operative
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
  • Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.
    • View Profile
Re: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood
« Reply #237 on: October 12, 2010, 12:02:55 PM »
Step sees her sensei up ahead, but, hearing the shriek off to her left, she pauses, settling back into the bushes. As she draws her chakram back to throw, she lets out a pained yowl, as in the manner of a wounded animal.

Spoiler: show

Since i'm already concealed, i'll focus on a Tactics/Ambush check.

1d20+8=16

It'll take 10 (!) rounds to prepare? is that right? Yeesh.

Mister Andersen

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 12125
  • I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know
    • View Profile
Re: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood
« Reply #238 on: October 12, 2010, 12:09:49 PM »
OOC: Yeah, the whole standing and roaring thing is pretty much the antithesis of an actual ambush. Change your movement to end up against the left wall on the same row as Tusk -- basically using him as a stalking horse -- and we're in business, and we'll just hand-wave the establishing of the battle plan as having happened during the climb up.

glimmerrat

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 3517
  • Iconoclast
    • View Profile
Re: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood
« Reply #239 on: October 12, 2010, 12:12:57 PM »
Broken Tusk curls his lip in annoyance at Spear's good fortune, but holds back, confident that more will show themselves soon. His spins his combi-stick in the close confines of the cave, then raises it in a fighting stance.

Spoiler: show

Half Action: Assume Overpowering stance.
Free Action: Notice check
VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."