Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 01:20:05 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  [Game-play] Predator: First Blood
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood  (Read 14704 times)
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control
******
Posts: 2823


It's a Trap!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2010, 01:13:45 PM »

OOC:  I point out in passing that there are two seats up front.  Grin  Three-Eye sits quietly with the rest of the boyz.
Logged

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Mister Andersen
Control
******
Posts: 10772


I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know


View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 12:34:18 PM »

When all eight of his students have boarded, Thunderstrike follows you aboard and dogs the ramp. He makes sure you're all seated, then seals the bulkheads to each section; you've all been taught that for all a yautja's skill and cunning, happenstance can bring anyone low. If something happens during launch, maybe some of you won't get killed. Minutes later you feel the tremors generated by his blowing the umbilicals and detaching from the docking cradle. Along with the other three, your shutle peels off and falls behind the tribeship like a discarded petal before its engines kick in and you're all thrust back into your seats by the acceleration. Then there's the disorienting lurch that marks the formation of the warp field that propels you past the speed of light.

After the shuttle settles into its course, the bulkheads unseal as Thunderstrike leaves the cockpit and calls you all to assemble before the empty trophey case.
Logged

glimmerrat
Control
******
Posts: 3517


Iconoclast


View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 01:20:16 PM »

Broken tusk collects his combi-stick and goes to the trophy room. He sits cross-legged on the floor, cleaning and oiling it while he waits for the others to arrive.
Logged

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Dhampire
Operative
****
Posts: 438



View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 02:29:18 PM »

Swift Spear stalks into the trophy room, in a confident and measured gait, giving himself time to size up the situation.  Turning his attention to the empty case, he envisions the preserved skull or tail of one of the Hard Meat inside as his trophy, and gives an eager, low snarl.

Taking up a space back and outside a step from the case, Swift Spear glances at Broken Tusk with a curious expression, as if wondering why a warrior would place himself in a position it where it would be difficult to react to unexpected combat.

Swift Spear crouches slightly, as he awaits the rest.
Logged

I aim to misbehave.
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control
******
Posts: 2823


It's a Trap!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 05:22:06 PM »

Three-Eye stands like a rock, calmly awaiting further instruction.
Logged

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Mister Andersen
Control
******
Posts: 10772


I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know


View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 11:34:39 PM »

Thunderstrike snatches the lance from Broken Tusk's hands. "Did I tell you to bring this, churl?" he demands, cuffing him upside the head.

Ghost, Tough Nut, Dog and Falling Leaf (the only other female in your group) all laugh at their fellow Unblooded's humiliation. It is after all the way of the Yautja to take pleasure in the misfortune of others.

"Your Blooding comes on the morrow," Thunderstrike addresses you all. "I have taught you all I can. You will either survive and prove yourself worthy of the Bright Huntress's grace, or the Dark Hunter will take you as his trophey and your tale will end before it has begun, as meat. Or worse, as the root of abomination.

"The hard meat is the most dangerous foe you have ever faced. It is fast, it is cunning, it is strong, and it knows no honour. But there is honour to be had, here and now."

He tosses the lance aside and shoves his hand against Ghost's shoulder, then that of Three-Eyes, and Swift Spear, and each of you in turn until at last even Broken Tusk is shoved.

It is the ritual invitation to fight.



ooc: Roll initiative. I use Invisible Castle. It's unarmed combat; everyone's going to be dealing subdual damage. The table of ouch is an option, but getting caught by the others deliberating injuring someone is an open invitation to get severely wailed on (this is what prestidigidation is for).

Initiative
  • Ghost:7
  • Tough Nut: 15
  • Dog: 18
  • Falling Leaf: 18
  • Thunderstrike: 19


Logged

Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control
******
Posts: 2823


It's a Trap!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 05:43:18 AM »

Three-Eye has an initiative of 1d20+4=18. He will begin this fight with the Stand Fast! battle plan in place, just for himself since we're on all individual sides at this stage. He gets 6 extra vitality due to this battle plan.
Logged

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Dhampire
Operative
****
Posts: 438



View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 06:15:18 AM »

Initiative 1d20+8=15
Two questions:
Are we each against each other for things like numerical superiority?
This will affect Horde Basics and Misdirection Basics.
Is use of a shield allowed?  It's still subdual damage.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 11:04:32 AM by Dhampire » Logged

I aim to misbehave.
glimmerrat
Control
******
Posts: 3517


Iconoclast


View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 10:50:13 AM »

With a roar of pure animal rage, Broken Tusk hurls himself at Thunderstrike driving blows at his vital points, bellowing his vengeance for the earlier humiliation.

Initiative 1d20+6=14

Half Action: Attack (Cheap Shot trick) targeting Strength
Half Action: Attack (Cheap Shot trick) targeting Dexterity
1d20+7-4=22, 1d20+7-4=13
That first one is a threat, but i'm not going to confirm it.

Damage: 1d6+3=4, 1d6+3=7
Logged

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Girlfriday
Operative
****
Posts: 461


Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.


View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2010, 12:47:49 AM »

Initiative 1d20+10=27

Half Action: Attack Thunderstrike
Half Action: Attack Thunderstrike
1d20+3=17, 1d20+3=19

Damage: 1d4+3=5, 1d4+3=5
Sneak attack damage (first attack that hits): 1d6=3
Logged

Dhampire
Operative
****
Posts: 438



View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 01:34:27 PM »

Initiative 1d20+8=15
Two questions:
Are we each against each other for things like numerical superiority?
This will affect Horde Basics and Misdirection Basics.
Is use of a shield allowed?  It's still subdual damage.

Assuming no shield allowed.
Half Action: Trip Thunderstrike 1d20+12=16
Half Action: Attack Thunderstrike with fist 1d20+0=1, error

If a shield is allowed, activate shield first, then Trip.
Next round would be attack (with shield) and the error would come up then.
Logged

I aim to misbehave.
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control
******
Posts: 2823


It's a Trap!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 05:53:11 PM »

Three-Eye has an initiative of 1d20+4=18. He will begin this fight with the Stand Fast! battle plan in place, just for himself since we're on all individual sides at this stage. He gets 6 extra vitality due to this battle plan.

I reckon declaring actions *is* wise, after all.

Three-Eye does not attack Thunder Strike. He delays until someone attacks him, at which time he will enter Initiative and Threaten his opponent twice:

Grar! 1d20+8=16, 1d20+8=15
Stress! 1d10=1, 1d10=5

(Wow, that is some weak sauce. Here's hoping anyway--hey, are our noob NPC homies standard NPCs?)

On the off chance that nobody attacks me, I'll concoct something else for next round.
Logged

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Mister Andersen
Control
******
Posts: 10772


I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know


View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 01:23:31 PM »

OOC:
Are we each against each other for things like numerical superiority?
This will affect Horde Basics and Misdirection Basics.
Is use of a shield allowed?  It's still subdual damage.

If you want to coordinate with someone, that's up to you, but at the moment it's everyone for themselves. And no, no weapons.





TS: Thunderstrike
SS: Silent Step
3E: Three Eye
Sw: Swift Spear
BT: Broken Tusk
Do: Dog
FL: Falling Leaf
TN: Tough Nut
Gh: Ghost


Silent Step seizes the initiative. As Thunderstrike delivers the final challenge to Broken Tusk, she slides forward and delivers two quick blows to the elder's kidneys, prompting a furious roar of from him. Though he manages to throw off the worst of the blow (6 damage after resistances), and deliver a solid backhand to her face in retaliation (6 damage), the honour of first blood before the rest of the pride is hers.

Dog comes at him next. All tenacious aggression, his wild swings are easily countered and his own momentum is used against him as Thunderstrike grabs hold, turns in a half circle and sends the younger yautja sprawling  back the way he came. Using this as her opening, Falling Leaf launches herself onto Thunderstrike's back. She's always been exceptionally good at leveraging her long limbs to her advantage when it comes to pinioning an opponent, but the elder proves just hat bit too strong as he flexes and shrugs her off; she tumbles backwards and though regaining her position is flatfooted.

Tough Nut has always fancied himself the strongest amongst the students; certainly he's arguably the most proficient at taking beatings so here he looks to hand some of that back. He slams his fist into Thunderstrike's face with bruising force (1 damage), sending the larger hunter staggering slightly, but when he attempts to follow through he ends up getting slammed in the temples by Thunderstrike's wrists, leaving him feeling somwhat fatigued. Trying to take advantage, Silent Spear lashes out with his foot aiming for the elder's knee, only to find that it's himself who's left sprawled. Uselessly he just lashes out again at his teacher's legs with a fist but it just leaves him even more exposed.

With a roar of pure animal rage, Broken Tusk hurls himself at Thunderstrike driving blows at his vital points, bellowing his vengeance for the earlier humiliation. Unprepared for the ferocity of the onslaught by his most arrogant pupil, Thunderstrike can't quite get a block up in time and his left arm jolts backwards, provoking an indignant bellow of pain. However, he manages to avoid a second assault.

Ghost, lurking behind the others, spots his opening in their distraction. Amidst the confusion, he takes aim and deliberately and viciously curb-stomps Swift Spear's knee. The good news is that instead of breaking it he's only able to bruise it badly; the bad is that underneath the cover of the mist obscuring the deck no one's been able to see him do it.



(click to show/hide)

Logged

Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control
******
Posts: 2823


It's a Trap!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 10:31:43 PM »

If Dog is still laying there when Three-Eye's turn comes up, then he provides Three-Eye with precisely what the wily shaman is looking for--prey that presents itself. Three-Eye issues a royal beatdown on Dog.

(click to show/hide)

If Dog happens to be standing (and thus not flat-footed anymore), Three-Eye beats him down anyway.

(click to show/hide)
Logged

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Dhampire
Operative
****
Posts: 438



View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2010, 10:57:20 AM »

Swift Spear stands up, his injured knee buckling slightly as it bears his weight again.  Looking straight into Ghost's eyes, he turns his head slightly to the side and calls out to the group, "Fight as one!  Bring down your current foe!"

With menace present on his face, he sets the rear foot of his uninjured leg and rears back that same side's arm and fist.  With a grunt, he swings his first forward towards Ghost's head.

(click to show/hide)

I'd like to set the following:
My Teammates: Silent Step, Dog, Falling Leaf, Three-Eye, Tough Nut, Broken Tusk
My Enemies: Thunderstrike, Ghost

10 to 2 is more than 3 to 1, so 1/2 personal cover for me and my Teammates.
(+4 Defense, +2 Reflex Saves)

(click to show/hide)
Logged

I aim to misbehave.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  


Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!