Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 01:20:05 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  [Game-play] Predator: First Blood
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood  (Read 14704 times)
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2010, 01:13:45 PM »

OOC:  I point out in passing that there are two seats up front.  Grin  Three-Eye sits quietly with the rest of the boyz.

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 12:34:18 PM »

When all eight of his students have boarded, Thunderstrike follows you aboard and dogs the ramp. He makes sure you're all seated, then seals the bulkheads to each section; you've all been taught that for all a yautja's skill and cunning, happenstance can bring anyone low. If something happens during launch, maybe some of you won't get killed. Minutes later you feel the tremors generated by his blowing the umbilicals and detaching from the docking cradle. Along with the other three, your shutle peels off and falls behind the tribeship like a discarded petal before its engines kick in and you're all thrust back into your seats by the acceleration. Then there's the disorienting lurch that marks the formation of the warp field that propels you past the speed of light.

After the shuttle settles into its course, the bulkheads unseal as Thunderstrike leaves the cockpit and calls you all to assemble before the empty trophey case.

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 01:20:16 PM »

Broken tusk collects his combi-stick and goes to the trophy room. He sits cross-legged on the floor, cleaning and oiling it while he waits for the others to arrive.

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Dhampire
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 02:29:18 PM »

Swift Spear stalks into the trophy room, in a confident and measured gait, giving himself time to size up the situation.  Turning his attention to the empty case, he envisions the preserved skull or tail of one of the Hard Meat inside as his trophy, and gives an eager, low snarl.

Taking up a space back and outside a step from the case, Swift Spear glances at Broken Tusk with a curious expression, as if wondering why a warrior would place himself in a position it where it would be difficult to react to unexpected combat.

Swift Spear crouches slightly, as he awaits the rest.

I aim to misbehave.
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 05:22:06 PM »

Three-Eye stands like a rock, calmly awaiting further instruction.

Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 11:34:39 PM »

Thunderstrike snatches the lance from Broken Tusk's hands. "Did I tell you to bring this, churl?" he demands, cuffing him upside the head.

Ghost, Tough Nut, Dog and Falling Leaf (the only other female in your group) all laugh at their fellow Unblooded's humiliation. It is after all the way of the Yautja to take pleasure in the misfortune of others.

"Your Blooding comes on the morrow," Thunderstrike addresses you all. "I have taught you all I can. You will either survive and prove yourself worthy of the Bright Huntress's grace, or the Dark Hunter will take you as his trophey and your tale will end before it has begun, as meat. Or worse, as the root of abomination.

"The hard meat is the most dangerous foe you have ever faced. It is fast, it is cunning, it is strong, and it knows no honour. But there is honour to be had, here and now."

He tosses the lance aside and shoves his hand against Ghost's shoulder, then that of Three-Eyes, and Swift Spear, and each of you in turn until at last even Broken Tusk is shoved.

It is the ritual invitation to fight.

ooc: Roll initiative. I use Invisible Castle. It's unarmed combat; everyone's going to be dealing subdual damage. The table of ouch is an option, but getting caught by the others deliberating injuring someone is an open invitation to get severely wailed on (this is what prestidigidation is for).

Initiative
  • Ghost:7
  • Tough Nut: 15
  • Dog: 18
  • Falling Leaf: 18
  • Thunderstrike: 19

Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 05:43:18 AM »

Three-Eye has an initiative of 1d20+4=18. He will begin this fight with the Stand Fast! battle plan in place, just for himself since we're on all individual sides at this stage. He gets 6 extra vitality due to this battle plan.

Dhampire
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 06:15:18 AM »

Initiative 1d20+8=15
Two questions:
Are we each against each other for things like numerical superiority?
This will affect Horde Basics and Misdirection Basics.
Is use of a shield allowed?  It's still subdual damage.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 11:04:32 AM by Dhampire » Logged

I aim to misbehave.
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 10:50:13 AM »

With a roar of pure animal rage, Broken Tusk hurls himself at Thunderstrike driving blows at his vital points, bellowing his vengeance for the earlier humiliation.

Initiative 1d20+6=14

Half Action: Attack (Cheap Shot trick) targeting Strength
Half Action: Attack (Cheap Shot trick) targeting Dexterity
1d20+7-4=22, 1d20+7-4=13
That first one is a threat, but i'm not going to confirm it.

Damage: 1d6+3=4, 1d6+3=7

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Girlfriday
Operative

Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2010, 12:47:49 AM »

Initiative 1d20+10=27

Half Action: Attack Thunderstrike
Half Action: Attack Thunderstrike
1d20+3=17, 1d20+3=19

Damage: 1d4+3=5, 1d4+3=5
Sneak attack damage (first attack that hits): 1d6=3

Dhampire
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 01:34:27 PM »

Initiative 1d20+8=15
Two questions:
Are we each against each other for things like numerical superiority?
This will affect Horde Basics and Misdirection Basics.
Is use of a shield allowed?  It's still subdual damage.

Assuming no shield allowed.
Half Action: Trip Thunderstrike 1d20+12=16
Half Action: Attack Thunderstrike with fist 1d20+0=1, error

If a shield is allowed, activate shield first, then Trip.
Next round would be attack (with shield) and the error would come up then.

I aim to misbehave.
Gentry