Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 09:33:20 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  [Game-play] Predator: First Blood
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Game-play] Predator: First Blood  (Read 15216 times)
Mister Andersen
Control
******
Posts: 10970


I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know


View Profile
« on: June 01, 2010, 06:19:37 AM »

At its heart, Yautja culture -- your culture -- is about testing yourself against adversity.

As Unblooded you've learnt how to do this, not least amongst yourselves as you fight each other for standing amongst your clique and the respect of your elders. Elders whom themselves must constantly joust for position and prestige, as they are doing so right now.

All of you, Blooded and Unblooded alike, are gathered in the Pit, gazing upwards at the dais upon which the senseis are fighting over the right to the best hunting grounds. Unsurprisingly, your sensei Thunderstrike is dominating precedings. Despite his great size he doesn't rely on brute force to win, instead choosing to weather the assaults of his opponent until they give him an opening for a single powerful blow. And as expected, the other no one to upset him from the top of the heap.

But then he does something unexpected. Rather than grab the prime territory, he chooses the worst. Looking down on you, his initiates, he laughs darkly.
Logged

glimmerrat
Control
******
Posts: 3517


Iconoclast


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 06:24:45 AM »

Broken Tusk bows his head in a gesture of submission.
Logged

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control
******
Posts: 2829


It's a Trap!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 12:18:46 PM »

Three-Eye meets Thunder Strike's gaze stoically, as surely the ancestors have guided this decision.
Logged

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Girlfriday
Operative
****
Posts: 461


Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.


View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 08:13:10 AM »

Silent Step stands confidently awaiting what ever comes next.
Logged

Mister Andersen
Control
******
Posts: 10970


I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know


View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 08:16:46 AM »

Fastening the medallion bearing the symbol of the hunting ground around his neck, Thunder Strike turns and heads back to his chamber to prepare. With this last ritual complete, you only have an hour to prepare yourselves before it will be time to depart.
Logged

Dhampire
Operative
****
Posts: 438



View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 08:27:30 AM »

Swift Spear grins eagerly, knowing he will be tested in the most difficult manner possible.  After glancing towards his fellow Unblooded, he nods with respect to Thunder Strike as he leaves, then makes his way to his quarters to gather his things and eat a last pre-hunt meal.
Logged

I aim to misbehave.
Girlfriday
Operative
****
Posts: 461


Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.


View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 09:23:09 AM »

Silent Step heads back to her bunk to gather her things.
Logged

glimmerrat
Control
******
Posts: 3517


Iconoclast


View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 09:31:30 AM »

After Thunderstrike turns to leave, Broken Tusk glares at his back with a snarl of defiance. He turns to leave, whipping his hair around behind him, and stalks off back to his quarters.
Logged

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control
******
Posts: 2829


It's a Trap!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 12:08:45 PM »

It takes only a moment for Three-Eye to gather his belongings, and he spends the remainder of whatever time he is allotted communing with the bokors of the tribe.
Logged

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Mister Andersen
Control
******
Posts: 10970


I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know


View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 03:12:05 AM »

At the designated time, Thunderstrike is standing by the starboard airlock leading to the hunt shuttles, alongside his fellow elder Dancing Claw, the beta male of the tribe. Together they watch the eager unblooded jostle with each other as they board the two shuttles. Not everyone will return alive and of those who do there's no guarantee that they will do so successfully.

The drone sent to seed the planet Thunderstrike claimed for you to hunt was known to be carrying seven eggs, and it's highly likely that he will claim at least one of the beasts as his own. The Law says that all seven of the hard meat must be taken before you can leave.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 03:16:13 AM by Mister Andersen » Logged

glimmerrat
Control
******
Posts: 3517


Iconoclast


View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 04:42:27 AM »

Broken Tusk takes a seat in the party's shuttle. He wants a seat close to the door.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 08:22:36 AM by glimmerrat » Logged

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Mister Andersen
Control
******
Posts: 10970


I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know


View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 07:07:45 AM »

[OOC:] There are shuttles allocated to each hunt party, they just happen to be docked two to a side of the tribe ship.
Logged

Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control
******
Posts: 2829


It's a Trap!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 08:43:24 AM »

Three-Eye helps fly the shuttle if it's allowed. If not, he takes whatever seat is closest to the front.
Logged

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Girlfriday
Operative
****
Posts: 461


Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.


View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 09:38:20 AM »

Silent Step jockeys with the others, trying to get the seat next to Thunderstrike.
Logged

Mister Andersen
Control
******
Posts: 10970


I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know


View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2010, 12:06:01 PM »

OOC: Hahaha, such presumption. The only one piloting the shuttle is Thunderstrike; you noobs along with your 3 NPC brethren are relegated to the passenger seating, the location of which canbe seen at the top of page 4 of the OOC thread.
Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  


Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!