Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2014, 12:39:20 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Fallout PbP (Out of Character)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fallout PbP (Out of Character)  (Read 49639 times)
Girlfriday
Operative

Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 06:23:08 AM »

Let's do it.

Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 06:57:46 AM »

Yeah, the sooner we get this over with, the sooner I can get back to burning sauces again.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 10:02:39 AM »

Yeah, the sooner we get this over with, the sooner I can get back to burning sauces again.

Lol!

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 12:16:45 PM »

Can we assume that the filter group at least has armed themselves, since there could be radroaches and shit down by the filters? Or should we have said something specific?

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 12:21:25 PM »

Can we assume that the filter group at least has armed themselves, since there could be radroaches and shit down by the filters? Or should we have said something specific?
I had presumed we were carrying our personal gear at all times, or at least had grabbed it before heading down to the muck.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Girlfriday
Operative

Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2010, 12:24:06 PM »

I had presumed we were carrying our personal gear at all times, or at least had grabbed it before heading down to the muck.

This.

I'm not too concerned about gear, and i'll presume that you've got with you whichever possessions you want to. Don't worry about listing them.

Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2010, 12:40:49 PM »

Fair enough. I wasn't sure if packing a double-barrel shotgun was considered normal in the Vault.  Smiley

And is there a preferred method of pasting dieroll links from Invisible Castle? Which of the six options are best for this application? Or does anyone care, as long as it's clear?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 12:46:57 PM by Gentry » Logged

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2010, 01:21:54 PM »

I prefer the last option - the one with [ url ] tags. Oh, and sorry about Friday's last post. I forgot to log her out on our laptop and accidentally posted as her...

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2010, 02:09:43 PM »

So the group looks like this right now:

The Filters
Elsie
Franklin
Hondo

The Reactor Controls
Alice
Marcus

If you're happy with this, we'll move on to the mission itself.

Did I miss something?  I thought Alice and I were going to reactor control?

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2010, 02:38:33 PM »

Did I miss something?  I thought Alice and I were going to reactor control?
Sorta.  There was a bit of confusion.  Alice is going to clean out the pumps, most likely the most difficult Mechanics check.

Also, we hates us some radroaches.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 01:45:41 AM »

Yeah, sorry about that Bill. Some confusion there. Hopefully we've got it sorted now.

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2010, 09:28:50 AM »

Antilles - yes, that's plausible. You'll just need to decide who will be making the Electronics/Repair check. It will be DC 5 for repairing simple wiring.

Where you will get the Electronics kit? If you can't get one then that's a -4 penalty. It will 1 hour and 100 caps worth of parts because of the Project Investment tag. Where will you get the cash or parts?

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2010, 09:32:31 AM »

There are enough radroaches that we might have a problem.  (Never split the party.)  So we might come get y'all for backup, and Alice can fix it without the kit.  (Never split the party.)

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2010, 09:40:12 AM »

There are enough radroaches that we might have a problem.  (Never split the party.)  So we might come get y'all for backup, and Alice can fix it without the kit.  (Never split the party.)

You'll note that I didn't object when you chose the divide-and-conquer approach.  Wink

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2010, 09:49:38 AM »

You'll note that I didn't object when you chose the divide-and-conquer approach.  Wink
Oh the gap between what the characters know and what the players know...  Adventuring is such a learning experience, and we may also learn about running away too.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: