Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 17, 2014, 07:48:40 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Too soon?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Too soon?  (Read 2381 times)
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 04:15:17 PM »

Raaah, wrong! I was betting on World on Fire! Still happy though, I can't wait to see new Spellbound stuff.  Tongue What do you mean by first half? Just half of the work or are there going to be two separate PDF releases?

Spellbound will be the comprehensive book on arcane magic for Fantasy Craft - that plan has not changed. However, a bunch of work happening there needed to be done prior before the errata can be finalized and released - print schedules and all that.

"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

We have all the time in the world.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 05:46:51 PM »

Raaah, wrong! I was betting on World on Fire! Still happy though, I can't wait to see new Spellbound stuff.  Tongue What do you mean by first half? Just half of the work or are there going to be two separate PDF releases?

Spellbound will be the comprehensive book on arcane magic for Fantasy Craft - that plan has not changed. However, a bunch of work happening there needed to be done prior before the errata can be finalized and released - print schedules and all that.

By the first half Alex does in fact mean half the work - the spell grid, specifically, which has been my all-consuming focus for the last two weeks. Coincidentally, I've had to write a great many of the spells in the process, if only to prove the concepts as I go (and because it's just as easy to write many of them as explain them to freelancers).

Once I know nothing will move, I can fold the few changes required back into Chapter 3 of the core book, along with the rest of the errata, and we'll get this the Second Printing off to press. You'll see the official errata release a little after that (when we're absolutely certain nothing else will shift around).

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2010, 02:54:44 AM »

Again, that makes sense. And it must be a dreadfully long and difficult job. Courage with that!
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2010, 03:07:22 PM »

Again, that makes sense. And it must be a dreadfully long and difficult job. Courage with that!

Many thanks!

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

agent oni
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2010, 10:43:17 PM »

Raaah, wrong! I was betting on World on Fire! Still happy though, I can't wait to see new Spellbound stuff.  Tongue What do you mean by first half? Just half of the work or are there going to be two separate PDF releases?

Wait...to clarify- there will be a book of magic for FC AND it will be in print?
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2010, 02:14:22 PM »

Wait...to clarify- there will be a book of magic for FC AND it will be in print?

Yes. And yes Smiley

"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2010, 06:38:17 AM »

Clearly you haven't been paying attention to our In Development pageWink

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2010, 06:18:53 PM »

What, you expected people to actually read the In Development page? Tongue (Well, I do, but that's because I am a compulsive busybody. Mostly looking to see if anything is coming out for Industrial Era.)

The Auld Grump

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
Nezeray
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 08:54:21 PM »

If we bought the first "printing" of the PDF for FC will we be getting the Second printing info as an update or a separate product?  Will it have the Erreta (guessing not).

Thanks!

James / Nezeray
Gentry