Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2014, 08:24:39 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  The Funny Books: Comics news, reviews & reactions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Funny Books: Comics news, reviews & reactions  (Read 12468 times)
ThunderMonkey
Control

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 09:07:51 AM »

Ashley Scott is hot.

Work done by an officer's doppleganger in a parallel universe cannot be claimed as overtime.
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 09:54:48 AM »

You'll hear no argument from me on that score

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2010, 11:35:25 AM »

Top 5 DC Characters Who Could Have Helped Your Dying Husband Instead of Superman

tracker7
Mastermind
Operative

MLB > Firefly

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 07:25:01 PM »

Adventure Comics #516: As he's also writing the current volume of Legion of Super Heroes, Paul Levitz is using the primary feature of Adventure to tell the story of the Legion's early years, and this issue is the big ol' exposition from beyond the grave by RJ Brande, who funded the LSH at the very beginning. Brainiac 5 is bored and snarky, Superboy is fascinated. Backup feature is the beginning of an Atom story - promising, but I don't know the character all that well.

Invincible Iron Man #28: Matt Fraction's run with this title has been nothing short of spectacular - he gets Tony Stark and his world. Tony and a handful of partners are putting a new company together, while IM and War Machine deal with the actions of Justin Hammer's widow and daughter. The Hammer Girls have their own powered armor operative, and they're out to prove its superiority.

Iron Man: Legacy #4: Legacy's got its own continuity going, and it's a lot of fun for this longtime IM fan. So far, this series has seen IM take on ethnicity-based civil war, deal with Doctor Doom, and now he's facing incarnations of three Cold War enemies - Radioactive Man, Crimson Dynamo, and Titanium Man. Writing's a little rougher than Invincible, but still good.

JSA All-Stars #8: I love the Justice Society of America and its history and place in the DC Universe, and I really want to like this title more than I do, but it's just not holding together for me.

Justice League of America #46: Part of the Brightest Day event, and the opening issue of a 5-part JLA/JSA crossover. Looking forward to how this unfolds, as the final page of the issue got my dander up.

The above may be conjecture, deliberate paraphrase, or outright bullshit.

Looking for GMs for Ohio Valley conventions. Some danger involved.
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2010, 09:07:02 PM »

Judge uses comic book continuity to rule in Gaiman vs McFarlane copyright case

Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2010, 02:40:57 AM »

Man, I could read legal decisions like that one all day long. The Judge's list of suggested Spawns is overflowing with Win.

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, 12:15:54 AM »

WIZARD magazine to close

Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2011, 02:33:00 AM »

DAMN!

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
Number Three
Handler

I have become Deathbus, destoyer of threads.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 10:24:10 PM »

I'll miss Toyfare more.  Just as irrelevant, but far more funny.

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 10:06:36 AM »

Pictures: Batman Live open auditions

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 03:42:04 PM »

Wondering where Marvel plans to go with the whole Fantastic Four Shake-Up? Wonder no more (SPOILERS).

(click to show/hide)

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
mathey
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 05:31:08 PM »

So, as a nerd who had been into and out of collecting comic books for decades now, any recommendations on series worth a darn?

I've gotten the recent Secret Avengers issues with Shang-Chi (he's a fave of mine - I wish to Christ they'd release the old Moench/Gulacy series in a collected form sometime), but its been around 5 years since I kept up with anything for more than an issue or two.
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 06:21:38 PM »

Hunt down: anything labeled Agents of Atlas, Detective Comics featuring Batwoman & the Question, Incredible Hercules, Thor: the Mighty Avenger

Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 08:38:07 PM »

(click to show/hide)

I was listening to a podcast where they talked about that and explained at least one way they whole situation could have been avoided fairly easily. Of course, that wouldn't have led to the TV news talking about the event, and a subsequest increase in sales. Funny that.

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
ahzad
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2011, 03:22:29 PM »

So, as a nerd who had been into and out of collecting comic books for decades now, any recommendations on series worth a darn?

I've gotten the recent Secret Avengers issues with Shang-Chi (he's a fave of mine - I wish to Christ they'd release the old Moench/Gulacy series in a collected form sometime), but its been around 5 years since I kept up with anything for more than an issue or two.

i could recommend a ton of stuff i used to work as the manager of my lcs for the past 10 years it really depends on what kind of stuff you like to read, supers, crime drama, sci fi, fantasy, etc, or tell me some of the tv shows you really enjoy and i can probably find something in that genre.

i would love to see a collection of that master of kung fu stuff that was great, but with marvel unwilling to pay the sax rohmer estate royalties again to use the names of fu manchu and the rest, we are out of luck in seeing a collection. luckly at the end of last year i was able to get the last 3 books i needed to collect a full run of that series. now i just need some extra dollars to send them away and have bound into a nice collection.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - A. Einstein
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: