Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2014, 11:45:53 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  Cool pics
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cool pics  (Read 1802 times)
RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2014, 09:45:19 PM »

Well.  Why didn't Edge of Tomorrow look like this, again?

(click to show/hide)

I mean, I sort of know why, but I can still dream...

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2014, 10:16:19 PM »

That was intriguing.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2014, 03:40:18 PM »

Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2014, 05:26:21 PM »

Honestly, I like the look of the movie better. The movie's vehicles and armor are both more grounded in current designs. The critters look to have followed the visual inspiration fairly closely. That axe is cool but its not definitively better than presenting her using a sword. I'll grant that in general Hollywood actors are pussies about wearing proper helmets (which is why Karl Urban gets ONE MILLION geek points for his portrayal of Judge Dred, and Hugo Weaving delivered more emotion with a mask on than most actors can pull under any circumstances...). The lack of palm trees is mostly a relocating to Europe thing Smiley.

On thing I liked about the movie aliens - they are terrible shots. Bad ass in melee but there twisty dual blast things? I think they actually hit their target maybe 3 times in the entire movie Wink. TO me that actually makes the aliens more interesting, rather than less.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2014, 07:09:10 PM »

Honestly, I like the look of the movie better. The movie's vehicles and armor are both more grounded in current designs.

True, true, though I'm not as big of a fan of the "bolt gun to arm" design that the movie went with.  What can I say?  I like the old rifleman stance.

And just watch, once the TALOS is shown proper, the movie will look completely dated.  Tongue

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2014, 11:14:47 PM »

Honestly, I like the look of the movie better. The movie's vehicles and armor are both more grounded in current designs. The critters look to have followed the visual inspiration fairly closely. That axe is cool but its not definitively better than presenting her using a sword. I'll grant that in general Hollywood actors are pussies about wearing proper helmets (which is why Karl Urban gets ONE MILLION geek points for his portrayal of Judge Dred, and Hugo Weaving delivered more emotion with a mask on than most actors can pull under any circumstances...). The lack of palm trees is mostly a relocating to Europe thing Smiley.

On thing I liked about the movie aliens - they are terrible shots. Bad ass in melee but there twisty dual blast things? I think they actually hit their target maybe 3 times in the entire movie Wink. TO me that actually makes the aliens more interesting, rather than less.

Seriously Morg, read the book.

The author's quite clear why The Full Metal Bitch (Rita) and Killer Cage (Keiji) use axes (pile drivers need an almost perfect angle and run out of ammo, Keiji learned from watching Rita whose original axe was a field expedient weapon made by Shasta) and the mimics look nothing like the descriptions of squat, bloated dead frogs.

Plus the ending completely ruins the story. It's like having the Titanic sail into New York City or Colonel Kurtz be a hippy guru.

(click to show/hide)

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2014, 06:07:42 AM »

Classic dungeon trap

Valentina
Control

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2014, 06:16:43 AM »

That's from Grimtooth's Traps. Cheesy
I might still have volume 2 around here somewhere.

"Cui bono?" -Lucius Cassius Longinus Ravilla, 127 BCE.

"Hier stehe ich, ich kann nicht anders" -Martin Luthor, 1483-1546.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: