Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 03:09:09 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  The Idiot Box: TV News, Reviews & Reactions 2014
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Idiot Box: TV News, Reviews & Reactions 2014  (Read 3600 times)
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2014, 04:58:29 PM »

I find I enjoy Gotham quite a bit.  It's sometimes a bit too eager to show us who will become the villains but I'm enjoying the interplay between Alfred and Bruce.  Even if they sometimes miss with the psychological bits for Bruce. I think I'm in the minority but I enjoy the actor portraying Jim Gordon.   

Haven't caught Flash.

I'm a bit disappointed thus far in Sleepy Hollow.  It's like the network let the creators do whatever they wanted in the first seasons, "cause it won't last anyway." Well, it lasted til season 2. Now there seems to be studio meddling, or writers who changed the pace or something. I find the best bits of the show to be Crane opining on the state of the US as viewed through the lens of someone from the Revolution era.

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2014, 11:47:37 PM »

anyone else watched constantine yet? i felt it was better presented than the premier of gotham. also
(click to show/hide)

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2014, 01:35:19 PM »

anyone else watched constantine yet? i felt it was better presented than the premier of gotham. also
(click to show/hide)

I did. It's a little wobbly, but well within the parameters of a pilot. I did like the easter egg though. Smiley I doubt it'll get much play though, two massively different power levels, completely different tones, and Constantine really doesn't fit properly into the broader DC universe.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2014, 05:36:40 PM »

Wow, I must have missed this...

TNT has a TV series follow on of the Librarian movie series starting in December with Noah Wyle, Bob Newhart, Jane Curtin, John Laroquette, Matt Frewer, Christian Kane, Lindy Booth, John Kim, and Rebecca Romijn.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2014, 02:44:44 AM »

...and Constantine really doesn't fit properly into the broader DC universe.

That's not really anything new for DCU TV shows Wink

Wow, I must have missed this...

If you're on Facebook, you should Like Dean Devlin. He posts fairly regular mini production updates. I like what I'm seeing (but I'm easy to please) and the cast looks great (even if it meant Frewer couldn't an event here in NZ last weekend).

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2014, 08:40:02 AM »

Dean Devlin learned to be a real social media nut after he hired John Rogers as a writer on Leverage. Rogers is also serious gamer and has been friends with Wil Wheaton for years. He also used to write for Brisco County Jr. and worked with a collection of really solid writers there including Carlton Cuse who went on to produce LOST.

Dean's been around since the 70s when he was chauffeuring Al Pacino around New York and acted in the film Real Genius. He also produced ID4, Stargate (only the film), The Patriot and a few other blockbuster hits.

I haven't seen Constantine at all but I'm hedging my bets for now as I have other things to stay focused on

Living Spycraft Masterm
Aldus Vertten
Handler

Los Otros Planes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2014, 03:24:42 PM »

So many news about the Phase 3 marvel movies,it seems this teaser got lost.... First look at the Agent Carter series

"No queda sino batirnos"
-------------
-El Capitan Alatriste
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: Today at 07:26:33 AM »

So many news about the Phase 3 marvel movies,it seems this teaser got lost.... First look at the Agent Carter series

So much squee. SQUEE!

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: Today at 08:27:35 AM »

EXACTAMUNDO!!!

Living Spycraft Masterm
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: Today at 10:58:23 AM »

I am both pleased and disappointed that it's going to be such a short series.

(click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: