Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 25, 2014, 06:15:55 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Gear and Weapons art
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gear and Weapons art  (Read 3645 times)
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 08:50:41 AM »

Do we really have to explain basic math?
Either it's more complicated than you think or I'm dumber than my fiancee thinks, so yes, please.

(The above situations are not mutually exclusive.)

You've got a point - sorry I blithely assumed it was clear (I do this sh*t far too much Wink). If there's any place we should have/make room to explain the finer points of the FC gear system, this book should rightly be it, and we can carve out space to do so (though I'm still not sold on illustrating every armor option available - coverage and fittings in practice however is an excellent idea).

"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 08:57:21 AM »

... I'm still not sold on illustrating every armor option available - coverage and fittings in practice however is an excellent idea).
Every armor option would be overkill, but 9 +/- 3 should cover the big things.  And some weird three way upgrade sets that look funny to those of us who haven't poked at this math in over a decade.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
@stroVal
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 10:48:08 AM »

Edit: I'm not in the business of commissioning art, but a single pic of half a dozen suits can't be too expensive, right?

Depending on the level of detail, a picture of that nature could get very large rather quickly.

I was thinking something like this:

Make it the width of the page, at the bottom, and put in text saying "Padded, Leather, Scale, etc".  But I know what you're saying.  I found this on a page about dwarves, which will explain the odd proportions.

Is it just me or does the third suit in the second array look like a Gundam ?
@stroVal
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 10:51:00 AM »

... I'm still not sold on illustrating every armor option available - coverage and fittings in practice however is an excellent idea).
Every armor option would be overkill, but 9 +/- 3 should cover the big things

Yes please..The final outcome will be worth it (and maybe a few of the more basic weapons too?)
Dhampire
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2010, 12:53:08 PM »

Is it just me or does the third suit in the second array look like a Gundam ?

Yes, yes it does, or at the very least, a nice set of Powered Armor.

I aim to misbehave.
Inkthinker
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2010, 12:38:05 AM »

I love drawing gear. The best way to get a high fantasy look without losing a sense of realism is to begin the design in real, historically accurate basis, and then work off that to create something which looks fantastical and factual at the same time.

Armor designs are always a trade off between protection and flexibility. The nice thing about fantasy is that you can imagine materials that allow for thinner, lighter metals or more intricate fittings.

inkthinker.deviantart.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: