Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2014, 11:31:34 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Powered by Products
| | |-+  Old School Fantasy: Free Heroes Pack Download Now Available!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Old School Fantasy: Free Heroes Pack Download Now Available!  (Read 3125 times)
razorwise
Powered By Publisher
Jr. Agent

View Profile WWW
« on: March 26, 2010, 12:28:00 PM »

Hello All,

Our first hero pack for FC is now available. It contains 8 complete characters with backgrounds, ready for immediate play in A Keg for Dragon, or any of your fantasy games.  Click here to get it from DTRPG. It'll be up on the Reality Blurs site in just a bit! By the way, we do have our own storefront, and do appreciate your patronage there. Cheesy

Have a super weekend!

Regards,

Sean

P.S. You do know this would go great with A Keg for Dragon, right? Wink

Doublebond
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 10:10:25 PM »

Woah. Extensive. I'm very tempted to use this.
razorwise
Powered By Publisher
Jr. Agent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 08:27:07 AM »

Woah. Extensive. I'm very tempted to use this.

Use away! That's what it's there for. Smiley

Regards,

Sean

Number Three
Handler

I have become Deathbus, destoyer of threads.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 01:37:22 PM »

Tried downloading, opened it up in FoxIt Reader, and saw nothing but the title page.  After scratching my head for a week, I break down and open it in Acrobat 9.3.  Interesting format.  Is it supposed to be a portfolio?  Also, is there anyway you can make it so I can turn off fancy parchment backgrounds on the character blurbs?

Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 02:55:14 PM »

Also, is there anyway you can make it so I can turn off fancy parchment backgrounds on the character blurbs?

You could switch to the Select Tool and just copy the text into a Word (or similar program) Document.

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
razorwise
Powered By Publisher
Jr. Agent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 03:48:56 PM »

Depending upon where you downloaded it from, a note went out stating you needed Acrobat 8 or greater.

Due to the desire to preserve the character sheets as form fillable, there was no way to merge the separate PDFs together, so I used a little used technique (at least by me) of creating an Adobe Package that brings them all together in, as you stated, a portfolio style.

The fancy parchment stands for now, as I don't know the secret techniques of the layer- that's my layout guy's role. I put these together, but it's on my to-do list to learn how to do. Putting this thing together took some hours, as I had to fiddle with learning the nuances of the Adobe Package--this was my first go with it.

As Wolverine noted, it's probably easiest to pull 'em into another document. I wanted them to look pretty, but I will learn the secret. I just have to catch up on my writing first. You guys do want me to write more, don't you? Smiley

Regards,

Sean

Nezeray
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 01:20:30 PM »

I really like the characters although I'm sad to not see a Drake or Unborn.  Maybe I'll have to roll some up someday. Smiley

The pdf was a bit confusing for me at first but I figured it out, is there a way to turn off the background image on the character backgrounds?  I know that One Keg for Dragon had a button.

Thanks! 

James / Nezeray
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 02:06:38 PM »

...is there a way to turn off the background image on the character backgrounds?

As was mentioned above, RB weren't able to put that option into this PDF. It is easy enough to switch Adobe to 'Select Text' and then copy-paste the text into another document.

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Nezeray
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 02:18:26 PM »

...is there a way to turn off the background image on the character backgrounds?

As was mentioned above, RB weren't able to put that option into this PDF. It is easy enough to switch Adobe to 'Select Text' and then copy-paste the text into another document.

Okay, I missed that part.  Smiley

James / Nezeray
razorwise