Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 09:06:53 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Ten Thousand Bullets
| | |-+  What are you going to use 10k Bullets for?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Poll
Question: What will you run with 10k Bullets when its out?
The default setting.
Another pre-existing setting.
Replicate a particular film / book.
Just Mechanics, to add to Spycraft / Fantasycraft.
Something else not listed.

Author Topic: What are you going to use 10k Bullets for?  (Read 10121 times)
Sketchpad
Recruit

Taking on the Bad Guys Since 1980

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2010, 06:32:51 PM »

I'm thinking of running a '70s cop drama with it Wink

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer | Sketchpad Studios
DeviantART Portfolio
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2010, 02:12:49 AM »

Ideally, I'd like to use the book for more than one thing. Obviously, the default setting will be great. What I've experienced during a GenCon game was a whole lot of fun (grenades end car chases REALLY quickly), but it would also be fun to adapt the concepts behind it to another setting - including FantasyCraft.

I'd also love to send a Spycraft group and have them go up against some of the groups there. This is, more or less, a setting book for Spycraft as well, albeit on a slightly smaller scale.

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Nepenthe
Control

High Priest of the Cult of Crafty

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2010, 05:21:42 AM »

I'd like to use the book for more than one thing.

Reapercussions
Eddie Riggs
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2010, 06:59:06 PM »

Blaxploitation/kung-fu film, set in the crime-infested New York of the 70's. Think Power Man & Iron Fist as directed by Tarantino.

Also a modern day crime drama, taking cues from Heat, Payback, Ronin, GTA, The Wire, The Sopranos and about a million other sources. This will also be set in New York most likely but I envision it as a sandbox style game, so the group can get into whatever trouble they desire. Might evengive them multiple characters so we can switch of from crooks to cops occasionally.
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2010, 02:28:03 PM »

Blaxploitation/kung-fu film, set in the crime-infested New York of the 70's. Think Power Man & Iron Fist as directed by Tarantino.

Also a modern day crime drama, taking cues from Heat, Payback, Ronin, GTA, The Wire, The Sopranos and about a million other sources. This will also be set in New York most likely but I envision it as a sandbox style game, so the group can get into whatever trouble they desire. Might evengive them multiple characters so we can switch of from crooks to cops occasionally.

Heh, that's basically the default setting! I have a serious love affair with 70's film and all the movies you list above, and I count each of the chief references that informed the game's concept. The "star" of 10kB is Empire City, which has elements of nearly every major American metropolis rolled into one gloriously fictional city that becomes the game's sandbox. New York is totally doable - but Empire City will be completely free of "real city" baggage (never will you hear, "I've been to ___ and ___ is not like that at all!") and entirely feasible for the characters to mess up, take down or take over as they wish Smiley

"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games
snake
Handler

Its all in the reflexes !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2010, 06:18:45 AM »

I think Dirty Harry would also feel at home in Empire City  Smiley

Rolling back the years a bit, how adaptable will 10KB be for running 1930s gangster (and gangbuster) style games ? I guess the classes (Thug, Thief, Lawman and Sleuth ?) will be portable but will there be any stats for Thomson SMGs, .38 Police Specials etc ?

Could the background history of Empire City include the mob era above ? Will there be different areas in the City controlled by criminal gangs eg a Chinatown with Tongs or Yakuza ?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 06:21:26 AM by snake » Logged

Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother.
And my sister and my brother
Lo, there do I see the line of my people Back to the beginning.
Lo, they do call to me.They bid me take my place among them
In the halls of Valhalla Where the brave may live forever !!!
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2010, 06:33:31 AM »

Alien Nation

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2010, 08:41:53 AM »

Alien Nation

Rules for Jabroka?

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2010, 01:59:08 PM »

Most definitely.

Rolling back the years a bit, how adaptable will 10KB be for running 1930s gangster (and gangbuster) style games ? I guess the classes (Thug, Thief, Lawman and Sleuth ?) will be portable but will there be any stats for Thomson SMGs, .38 Police Specials etc ?

Could the background history of Empire City include the mob era above ?

Still too early to say. Whether it's in the core book or a supplement (the latter seeming more likely to me, due to the way the setting changes over an 80 year time period in addition to the technological changes), it's still something I want to explore with the setting at some point. Empire City was a different place back then....

BTW, the history of Empire City as written is over 200 years long, dating all the way back to the first contact between the Europeans and the Native Americans that lived in the region. Yes, I've had a long time to think about this stuff Tongue

Will there be different areas in the City controlled by criminal gangs eg a Chinatown with Tongs or Yakuza ?

That is an absolute yes.

"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2010, 03:05:26 PM »

BTW, the history of Empire City as written is over 200 years long, dating all the way back to the first contact between the Europeans and the Native Americans that lived in the region. Yes, I've had a long time to think about this stuff Tongue

10 years if I recall.....

Living Spycraft Masterm
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2010, 04:02:59 PM »

Will there be different areas in the City controlled by criminal gangs eg a Chinatown with Tongs or Yakuza ?

That is an absolute yes.

Oh yea, time for some Big Trouble in Little China action!

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2010, 04:09:11 PM »

That is an absolute yes.

A little spellbound and you're all set!

Living Spycraft Masterm
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2010, 04:09:24 PM »

That is an absolute yes.

Depends on your time period, too. In the 20s-30s, the Tong were very active; in the 70s and 80s its all about the Triads; by the modern day its the Yakuza.  Evil

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games
snake
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2010, 09:36:38 AM »

Most definitely.

Could the background history of Empire City include the mob era above ?

Still too early to say. Whether it's in the core book or a supplement (the latter seeming more likely to me, due to the way the setting changes over an 80 year time period in addition to the technological changes), it's still something I want to explore with the setting at some point. Empire City was a different place back then....

That is an absolute yes.

Fantastic !!!  Grin

snake
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2010, 09:47:58 AM »

That is an absolute yes.

A little spellbound and you're all set!

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it." - BTILC

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: