Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2014, 08:35:39 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Ten Thousand Bullets
| | |-+  What are you going to use 10k Bullets for?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Poll
Question: What will you run with 10k Bullets when its out?
The default setting.
Another pre-existing setting.
Replicate a particular film / book.
Just Mechanics, to add to Spycraft / Fantasycraft.
Something else not listed.

Author Topic: What are you going to use 10k Bullets for?  (Read 10061 times)
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 09:32:22 PM »

D20 Adventure ! is ok. Keeps the same background as the Storyteller version. Quite a bit of D20 crunch in there. I'm looking at porting feats etc to MC.

Dramatic editing is good too.

Thinking more about 10K Bullets. Please, Please. It MUST include at chapter on Forensics/Crime Investigation and how to create murder mysteries for the GM. Bit like the Tradecraft chapter in Wof. Please check out GURPS Mysteries for great example.

Cheers, I'll look into it if I get some spare coin.  I think CSI could make a sweet Dramatic Conflict, if it's done right.  I could never use it with my players because it'd be endless Horatio Caine impressions.
Doublebond
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 09:41:59 PM »

D20 Adventure ! is ok. Keeps the same background as the Storyteller version. Quite a bit of D20 crunch in there. I'm looking at porting feats etc to MC.

Thinking more about 10K Bullets. Please, Please. It MUST include at chapter on Forensics/Crime Investigation and how to create murder mysteries for the GM. Bit like the Tradecraft chapter in Wof. Please check out GURPS Mysteries for great example.

Why on earth would you want to avoid that?

Cheers, I'll look into it if I get some spare coin.  I think CSI could make a sweet Dramatic Conflict, if it's done right.  I could never use it with my players because it'd be endless Horatio Caine impressions.
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 10:02:29 PM »

Why on earth would you want to avoid that?

The words of a man who hasn't met my players.  I mean endless quite literally.  I'd set the scene and that's what would get done that night.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 10:07:11 PM »

Yeah, whipping glasses off and glaring is only funny the first three or four dozen times.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 08:47:52 PM »

Or putting glasses on with a slight forward hunch and looking 45 degrees to one side while putting your hands on your hips. That's the finishing touch. I'd be right there with your players, Turnip.

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 10:50:03 AM »

I basically made a Forensics Complex Task for the LSpy mod Tundra with some help from David Wu. But it did not need to be a Dram Conflict. It worked fine as a Complex Task and in my test group really enjoyed the idea that the Analysis skill got a chance to shine since it seems to be overlooked more often than not.

Living Spycraft Masterm
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 02:56:13 PM »

I basically made a Forensics Complex Task for the LSpy mod Tundra with some help from David Wu. But it did not need to be a Dram Conflict. It worked fine as a Complex Task and in my test group really enjoyed the idea that the Analysis skill got a chance to shine since it seems to be overlooked more often than not.

I've pretty much done it with Investigate / Analysis in the past, and had no dramas.  It seems that Analysis is part of Investigate in Mastercraft though, so it could be basically handled as a complex Investigate task.  Of course thats without knowing exactly how skill checks will look in Spycraft 3.
mathey
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 11:40:55 PM »

To hell with sunglasses and people going "YEEEAAAH!".

Here's MY model for Forensics complex tasks. Caveat: Explicit language.
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2010, 12:31:46 AM »

To hell with sunglasses and people going "YEEEAAAH!".

Here's MY model for Forensics complex tasks. Caveat: Explicit language.

Hehe, I remember that scene.  With a little luck my games will hopefully resemble The Wire somewhat.
agent oni
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 08:39:50 AM »

I plan to use it for an established setting called "Nightmare Wars".
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2010, 09:19:06 AM »

I'll be running a campaign based on the music video for Sabotage by the Beastie Boys...

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Nepenthe
Control

High Priest of the Cult of Crafty

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2010, 12:27:53 PM »

I'll be running a campaign based on the music video for Sabotage by the Beastie Boys...

I'm moving to Birmingham.

Reapercussions
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

We have all the time in the world.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2010, 05:52:51 PM »

...and you're my hero of the day, Glim! Smiley

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Number Three
Handler

I have become Deathbus, destoyer of threads.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2010, 08:17:20 PM »

I second this motion.

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2010, 03:18:46 PM »

For those of you that liked Sabotage, Cancer Bats (whom I like very much) have covered the song. See what you think.

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: