Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2014, 01:13:00 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Ten Thousand Bullets
| | |-+  What are you going to use 10k Bullets for?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Poll
Question: What will you run with 10k Bullets when its out?
The default setting.
Another pre-existing setting.
Replicate a particular film / book.
Just Mechanics, to add to Spycraft / Fantasycraft.
Something else not listed.

Author Topic: What are you going to use 10k Bullets for?  (Read 9469 times)
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« on: March 21, 2010, 08:03:46 PM »

So now that we know the when, how about the what.  What will you be running when 10k Bullets comes out?  In all cases please respond with details - which particular book / film / setting / etc.

EDIT: Most of us are probably going to do a whole bunch of things with it, so I guess we'll call it "What will you do first?"

In my case I have a vague plan about the players being underground resistance fighters, struggling against a despotic government.  Think V for Vendetta, but with a group [thats the thing that first comes to mind - film or comics are fine, both capture the right feel].  Obviously I'll develop it as release becomes closer.

EDIT: I might even set it in Empire City, just change a little bit of the tone and make it feel more opressive.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 10:24:13 AM by Turnip666 » Logged
Doublebond
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 09:17:05 PM »

Considering I'm waiting ever impatiently for the official FC settings, it follows that I would use any default setting given for 10KB.

Fantasy Craft is getting thrown into the works immediately, though. Drake druglords? YES PLEASE!
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 09:32:24 PM »

What else would you use 10,000 bullets for? Killing 10,000 people!  Evil

Seriously though, I might run a street level game at some point in the future, but in the meantime I'm going to cannibalize it for parts.

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
Pheonyx
Agent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 10:18:28 PM »

I had multiple thoughts but only could vote for one.

I will probably read through it and possibly do a campaign set in Empire City, and I could use it to do stuff like a Sopranos or even something like The Shield... one other idea I had is a one-off or a short campaign based off of Kick-Ass (they're basically street level characters running around in superhero costumes; it's grittiness fits 10KB quite well).

Ashes to ashes,
Pheonyx

Official Spycraft Agent #001
Forcegypsy
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 11:09:48 PM »

Cannibalize for parts. Gritty city campaign resource.

Cha togar m' fhearg gun džoladh.
Morganti
Handler

Endless Eternity, Eternally Endless.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 11:11:32 PM »

I plan on doing Dragera, or some reasonable homage thereof, possibly blended with ivalice, and a bit of saints row 2.

In other words, what I always do, mix and match my way to fun Smiley

~D~

~Do you think its possible that someone else is doing this very same thing at this very same moment?~
~D~
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 01:35:59 AM »

Use it as the baseline/backdrop for a superheroes game.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 02:13:08 AM »

I'm seriously considering an Hellywood campaign powered with Ten Thousand Bullets. Actually, it's even the main reason why I'm so eager to get my hands on the latter. Hellywood, I suppose you're not familiar with, is French game from John Doe editors who's played in a gritty, Hollywood-like californian city. It's the end of the fifties, the corruption is rampant, crime is everywhere and it seems some kind of keyhole to hell has been opened. Gangsters, politicians, fiends, serial killers are struggling for control and there is little place for good guys.

The setting itself is just great. Hardboiled at its best in my opinion. There's a lot of Maltese Falcon, Sin City, and Black Dahlia in all this, with maybe a pinch of World of Darkness. The problem is... the rules. They're unique, based on craps rules (really!), but definitely not suited for a campaign. Quite unbalanced, very light but with so many areas not covered that it's not even light anymore - it's sometimes non-existing - ... and far, far from as fun as 10kB is going to be (I just know Smiley ). So here's the what and why, as requested.  Cool

But maybe Empire City will seduce me just as much, or even more, and my vote will change.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 10:28:32 AM by aegis » Logged
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 10:23:28 AM »

Hellywood sounds pretty damn cool - another reason I wish I spoke French.

Use it as the baseline/backdrop for a superheroes game.

That sounds interesting - more of a Mystery Men / Kick Ass game, or Mutants and Masterminds style?

I had multiple thoughts but only could vote for one.

Guess I should have put something in first post like "What will you use it for first?" or something to that effect.
snake
Handler

Its all in the reflexes !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 11:31:15 AM »

I'm hoping that its Setting, NPCs, Origins and Classes (eg Reporters, Private Detectives, G-men, Gangsters etc) can be used as the basis for a Pulp Crimebusters/Horror game (Shadow or Doc Savage anyone ?).

I'm thinking of mixing in stuff from D20 Adventure (Weird Science gadgets and Knacks), the horror rules from Fragile Minds and maybe a Lost World (created in FC).

And thats just for starters  Grin
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 11:33:48 AM by snake » Logged

Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother.
And my sister and my brother
Lo, there do I see the line of my people Back to the beginning.
Lo, they do call to me.They bid me take my place among them
In the halls of Valhalla Where the brave may live forever !!!
gaghiel42
Handler

The Dude abides.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 01:48:38 PM »

For me, Im expecting it to be my resource for dealing with inside the city stuff.  I figured if I ever finish my FC campaign I can take it to a smaller scope and keep it all inside the main city.  Otherwise, its more modern awesomeness for my 'B-Movie Monster' series for SC.  I love having people running around quarantined off pieces of city hunting down monsters in the sewers or apartment complexes etc.

Agent Codename Whitefire
Wheelman for Life
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 09:10:29 PM »

For me, Im expecting it to be my resource for dealing with inside the city stuff.  I figured if I ever finish my FC campaign I can take it to a smaller scope and keep it all inside the main city.  Otherwise, its more modern awesomeness for my 'B-Movie Monster' series for SC.  I love having people running around quarantined off pieces of city hunting down monsters in the sewers or apartment complexes etc.

I've developed a bit of a reputation for involving zombies in my games.  In fact last time I said "I feel like running a spycraft game thats a little fringe" one of my players responded with "There's going to be [expletive] zombies, isn't there?"

I'm thinking of mixing in stuff from D20 Adventure (Weird Science gadgets and Knacks), the horror rules from Fragile Minds and maybe a Lost World (created in FC).

Whats Adventure! like in d20 form?  I love the storyteller version, but never played it in d20.
snake
Handler

Its all in the reflexes !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 05:32:09 AM »

D20 Adventure ! is ok. Keeps the same background as the Storyteller version. Quite a bit of D20 crunch in there. I'm looking at porting feats etc to MC.

Dramatic editing is good too.

Thinking more about 10K Bullets. Please, Please. It MUST include at chapter on Forensics/Crime Investigation and how to create murder mysteries for the GM. Bit like the Tradecraft chapter in Wof. Please check out GURPS Mysteries for great example.

Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother.
And my sister and my brother
Lo, there do I see the line of my people Back to the beginning.
Lo, they do call to me.They bid me take my place among them
In the halls of Valhalla Where the brave may live forever !!!
Psion
Control

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 11:33:27 AM »

When first announced, it was a setting/genre book for spycraft, and that's pretty much how I still view it. I see a sort of "vigilante spy" game like burn notice or leverage, perhaps with some modern pulp treasure hunting.

The Secret Volcano Base: my RPG blog currently discussing Fantasy Craft and Freeport!
mathey
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 02:54:59 PM »

I'd like to see if I can do a one-shot with it in the vein of a buddy cop movie.

If I did a campaign, I'd probably end up making it a more action oriented version of The Wire.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: