Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2014, 06:32:09 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Class Compendium
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Class Compendium  (Read 3962 times)
Big_Jim
Handler

An integral part of any plan for world domination.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2013, 01:56:58 PM »

Baron fixed. If anybody else see anything wonky (in their own creations or in mine - since we established I suck at NPC costing) give me a holler.
pawsplay
Powered By Publisher
Control

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2013, 02:10:44 PM »

Baron fixed. If anybody else see anything wonky (in their own creations or in mine - since we established I suck at NPC costing) give me a holler.

I mean, really, I think the cost was about right. It's just that as a design principle, I feel that particular ability should go in the "not for NPCs" bucket.
Big_Jim
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2013, 02:37:26 PM »

Alright, let me amend my self-deprecation.

I not only suck at costing NPC abilities, I suck at judging if they should even be an NPC ability.

Seriously, I look at one and think "I can see an NPC with this..." and I don't go and look and see if its really too marginal to do. Not everything needs to be available for an NPC to follow a class's build/archetype. Usually that myopia is the result of NPC abilities being the last thing dealt with and a desire to get done (or go home). It's also one of the things (along with class intro fluff) that others don't do when they create a class. Heck go back to my PDF post on page 1 and see how many PDFs are done except for NPC abilities and/or fluff. Crazy.
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2013, 04:31:52 AM »

Jake, if you ever get around to updating this, it would be very much appreciated if you could flag up that the following were nominated as the Best of the Board in the Class Category:

Expect Classes:
 - Golden Lion, by Morgenstern (class category winner)
 - Baron by Pawsplay (class category finalist)
 - Broker by Jake
 - The Superior by Mister Anderson
 - The Harrier, by Morgenstern
 - The Shadow, by Mister Anderson
Master Class:
 - Dread Pirate by Medwyn
Jake
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2013, 12:43:15 PM »

Updated. Funny I thought I should put some work into this thing and I saw your post. It's an honor to be nominated.

Founding member of the 10kBLF (Ten Thousand Bullets Liberation Front).
Jake
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2013, 01:10:51 PM »

New classes add October 19, 2013. If I missed a class or you have one you would like listed feel free to message me.

Curator
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2014, 04:22:13 PM »

I'm loving a lot of the classes here and this is only inspiring me to finish my handful of homebrew class ideas sooner!

I do have to ask though, Jake, looking at the Broker right now I see you've pretty much mimicked the FC .pdf style (font, frame, etc.) perfectly (which is something a friend and I have been trying to get down to have the most presentable homebrew stuff we can), and I'd like to know if you have any tips for going about that. At the very least, I'd love to know how to insert the picture borders at the top & bottom of every page, as well as what fonts (and sizes, etc.) are used. If you could help me out I'd GREATLY appreciate it, plus I'd have some more content for this thread in a few weeks!
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2014, 08:24:30 PM »

I'd recommend sending a PM to both Jake and Big_Jim if you want pdf advice.
Jake
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2014, 12:53:23 PM »

Big_Jim has done all the formatting, you should talk to him. Search around the board for post about class building. There is a format and a price scheme (to the construction, you don't have to pay Crafty money) so be sure to have that before you put things together.

Big_Jim
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2014, 04:04:13 PM »

Yeah I do the PDFs. I use Word 2010 and save as a PDF.
However, I suggest you put up a separate thread for your class(es) and get some solid feedback from the community before you worry about formatting them up as PDFs. You'll find that your first efforts may not be as tight as you think, or even superfluous - thanks to the way that crafty is more feat-centric than 3.X's class-centric philosophy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: