Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 07:16:20 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft Third Edition
| | |-+  Spycraft Third edition Wishlist and Suggestions Mega-thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spycraft Third edition Wishlist and Suggestions Mega-thread  (Read 26430 times)
Big_Jim
Handler

An integral part of any plan for world domination.

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 13, 2010, 05:59:04 PM »

Yeah, i spoke to her at Dragon*Con about it. Can't wait.  Smiley
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 13, 2010, 06:10:54 PM »

Those of you pining for new Veronica Jones cover art won't have to wait much longer... Wink

Dude.

Grats!!

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Forcegypsy
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 13, 2010, 11:29:46 PM »

Oooh tease. Excellent.

Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh.
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: September 14, 2010, 01:09:13 AM »

Those of you pining for new Veronica Jones cover art won't have to wait much longer... Wink
Tease!

Raaaah, can't wait! Grin
Sketchpad
Recruit

Taking on the Bad Guys Since 1980

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: September 14, 2010, 10:44:45 AM »

Hmm .. just finished watching the videos from GC and wishing I could've been there and that SC3e was coming out this year Wink  As far as some suggestions:
• Wheelman.  Love the class and between The Transporter, GI Joe member Clutch and Spy Hunter, would love to see it still in the game Wink
• Guns.  I don't mind the huge lists, but I can see the need to streamline for the main book as well.  Has Crafty considered PDF Gun Catalogs that could be collected annually?
• High-Action.  I love running high, over the top action in my campaigns.  SC2e has allowed me to do that and I would love to see it continued in 3e Smiley 
• Settings/Era Books.  I'm all for this idea!  I'd love to see a new 60s book, as well as a 70s book for SC (as well as a 40kB 70s Handbook).  But could we also see near future concepts as well?  Maybe something like Repo Men, Cowboy Bebop or Blade Runner?  Not so much centering on the ship battles, but rather a dystopic view of the future, or using the solar system as the map rather than just Earth?
• Backgrounds.  Have you looked at the rules for Character Generation in FATE?  Not saying using them directly, but there are some good ideas there for generating backgrounds and subplots in a more communal environment.
• Martial Arts.  Maybe breakdown more martial arts the same way the sidebar in SC2e did?  Could even make a neat promo piece for 3e ...

As an aside, I like to use SC for my conspiracy/espionage games.  Think X-Files combined with Sneakers.  I'm hoping that we'll be able to continue that under the 3e banner Smiley 

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer | Sketchpad Studios
DeviantART Portfolio
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Don’t believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: October 19, 2010, 09:49:15 PM »

...and scene.

Like that? You should also go read this. Seriously, go. Read. Speculate. Send. Smiley

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: October 20, 2010, 04:13:00 AM »

'love it! Congrats to the lady!
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: November 23, 2010, 05:33:42 AM »

I haven't seen it mentioned, but I'd really like some rules for zip guns, and other improvised weapons [projectile and explosive mainly].  In 2.0 we sorta bodged it by using gadgets to miniaturise a weapon into a handful of common items, but I would like to see some dedicated rules for them.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Don’t believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: November 23, 2010, 02:32:40 PM »

I haven't seen it mentioned, but I'd really like some rules for zip guns, and other improvised weapons [projectile and explosive mainly].  In 2.0 we sorta bodged it by using gadgets to miniaturise a weapon into a handful of common items, but I would like to see some dedicated rules for them.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
MOrab46019
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 01, 2010, 09:41:22 PM »

A WWII book I would love to see. I have 1/72 or HO scale minis that would work great. OSS/SAS type missions  would be great to run. Thanks.
MOrab46019
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 01, 2010, 10:03:04 PM »

I also been reading these old books I have. Phoenix Force,Able Team and Mack Bolan. If you are looking for anti terrorists type stuff with actiopn these are the books. They were made by Gold Eagle. 
DocJim
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 06, 2011, 04:12:09 PM »

Sorta hoping that vanished stuff like the Shadow Patriots info & the Majestic Master Class at last make an appearance.
MOrab46019
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 08, 2011, 03:16:37 PM »

Has anyone read Brad Thor books? They would also work great for Spycraft.
Valentina
Control

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 14, 2011, 11:40:43 PM »

*Ahem*
An update for the Expert Class the Avatar for 3.0, and another Living Campaign.
Sorry, I'm sometimes equal parts single-minded and selfish.  Grin
LSpy did sell a bunch books and supplements and such around here, tho'.

"Cui bono?" -Lucius Cassius Longinus Ravilla, 127 BCE.

"Hier stehe ich, ich kann nicht anders" -Martin Luthor, 1483-1546.
Valentina
Control

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 15, 2011, 12:17:44 AM »

Sorta hoping that vanished stuff like the Shadow Patriots info & the Majestic Master Class at last make an appearance.

This idea please, very much so.

Ok, so....let's see....skill Critical Successes and Failures, check. Love those.
Gun selection: Hmm. I actually don't mind overkill that much. I took the time to find what I like and always carry that. This is my Sidearm (S&W .500), this is my Longarm (Dragunov SVD), this is my Other Choice (Flashbangs, or anti-armor/aircraft). Prioritize as needed, improvise as required.

Armor: Armor in SC2 could be over-effective. About the time I could miniaturize a Riot Suit into Motorcyle Leathers my relative survivability went through the roof. Combine that with Armor Supremacy and I got nearly unkillable. To be fair that is 3 Feats and a Calibur 5 Security Pick (IIRC), but still I got some GC Sourface for it.

Yeah. Gear Categories. I really like the idea, but the practice is kind of onerous. Need a Vehicle? Somehow no one has one. Need a Dead Body (without creating one in the wild as it were)? No Tradecraft, no dice -sorry.
Really it was fine as long as you had a reasonably balanced party...but with a Soldier/Sniper, Lawman/CT, Martial Artist/Thug/Edgemaster, and a Thug/Brawler things could get unintentionally wacky.

One other thing that got tossed out the window on occasion was Exposure. Now, great idea again, but in circumstances like that of the LSpy mod Triple Play there's a great big surprise Car Chase -and as written, it's an Exposure Penalty atrocity what with taking place in a highly populated urban area, in the middle of the day, with heavy weapons and numerous vehicles.
It's kind of a bitter pill that, in the case of events that're unavoidable, even cautious and skilled Agents can end up staring down a Burn Notice because the opposition was sloppy.

Sort of like the Rule of Silencers: it's generally good to have them, but never forget The Enemy usually won't match you. One stray round from a sentry, and you might as well have gone maximum volume from the start.

"Cui bono?" -Lucius Cassius Longinus Ravilla, 127 BCE.

"Hier stehe ich, ich kann nicht anders" -Martin Luthor, 1483-1546.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: