Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2014, 10:42:48 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft Third Edition
| | |-+  Existing Lines
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Existing Lines  (Read 3815 times)
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2010, 12:00:29 AM »

Ok...Can you sell me then with one statement why I should jump over to SC 3.0.  (and don't just say it's better   Grin )

How about 'the Gear chapter won't make your eyes bleed'?

Or 'you'll be able to combine it with Fantasy Craft and have your agents go up against a villainous SCA-like organisation'?
Except that the Gear system in second printing SC is actually pretty easy on both the eyes and the brain, and is a better system in many ways than the Forge in FC.... (In part because it is not trying to cram 3,000 years of equipment into a single chapter....)

The Auld Grump

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2010, 01:23:29 AM »

I was kinda being serious with the question.  looking for something like "Its way simpler than 2.0 Trigger and your group will certainly get everything out of SC 3.0 like your group does in 2.0 because SC 3.0 does....[fill in blank]"

I know you were, and honestly, I can't answer your question. The book's a year out. So much of its content could change between now and then that even what we have settled now isn't certain. This isn't the time for us to sell you on this edition - it's the time to talk about what you liked about 2.0 and what you didn't. That's what will give us the data we need to decide the bits and pieces that aren't in the can yet, and hopefully make the game everyone wants, and just as importantly, needs.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Trigger
Operative

Never Trust Your Contact!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2010, 07:52:22 AM »

I was kinda being serious with the question.  looking for something like "Its way simpler than 2.0 Trigger and your group will certainly get everything out of SC 3.0 like your group does in 2.0 because SC 3.0 does....[fill in blank]"

I know you were, and honestly, I can't answer your question. The book's a year out. So much of its content could change between now and then that even what we have settled now isn't certain. This isn't the time for us to sell you on this edition - it's the time to talk about what you liked about 2.0 and what you didn't. That's what will give us the data we need to decide the bits and pieces that aren't in the can yet, and hopefully make the game everyone wants, and just as importantly, needs.
Understandable Pat.

"Identity confirmed...welcome agent"
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2010, 11:29:35 AM »

I really like the huge list o' guns.  I would understand if it got cut down, but I really like it.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2010, 12:25:05 PM »

I really like the huge list o' guns.  I would understand if it got cut down, but I really like it.

That's what the gear books are for Smiley

"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2010, 12:29:05 PM »

I could deal with a small list of iconic weapons, but "9mm service pistol" is not an acceptable choice.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2010, 12:53:26 PM »

I could deal with a small list of iconic weapons, but "9mm service pistol" is not an acceptable choice.

This has been addressed repeatedly, in multiple threads.

"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2010, 09:42:05 PM »

Except that the Gear system in second printing SC is actually pretty easy on both the eyes and the brain, and is a better system in many ways than the Forge in FC.... (In part because it is not trying to cram 3,000 years of equipment into a single chapter....)

That's not a system issue - thats a catelog issue. Individual data points within the frame(s).

Modern play has so many more catelog issues to overcome its a wonder anyone even tries - and why many, many games don't try, either by sharply circumscribing the tools available or proposing an near future or close parallel present environment.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 01:44:21 AM by Morgenstern » Logged

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2010, 12:46:58 AM »

If it could be assumed that the Gear books would come out in a timely fashion.... You are already encountering the Too Many Typewriters problem, as the monkeys leap wildly from keyboard to keyboard, trying to recreate Shakespeare... or something. Tongue

Are the weapon stats similar enough, between SC 2.0 and MC/S3, that you can cut and paste most of the info? It might make the task of creating a Gunbunny book easier, if so.

Me, I can describe exactly why the Bulldog Gatling design was a superior design, and how improvements to the mount more than made up for the shorter barrel length, and why the Land pattern musket does not deserve to be saddled with the Unreliable tag in FC, but modern weapons throw me for a loop.

The Auld Grump

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2010, 01:24:16 AM »

If it could be assumed that the Gear books would come out in a timely fashion.... You are already encountering the Too Many Typewriters problem, as the monkeys leap wildly from keyboard to keyboard, trying to recreate Shakespeare... or something. Tongue

That's exactly what a lot of this streamlining (of the schedule) is about - more time focused on less lines, more time focused on books rather than PDFs, and ultimately, more products getting out more regularly.

Are the weapon stats similar enough, between SC 2.0 and MC/S3, that you can cut and paste most of the info? It might make the task of creating a Gunbunny book easier, if so.

The gear needs of the games are different but there will be some overlap - particularly in G&G.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »