Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 03:43:06 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft Third Edition
| | |-+  Existing Lines
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Existing Lines  (Read 3509 times)
tenebrae
Operative

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2010, 03:49:46 AM »

Just wondering what the future of Spycraft 3 will hold for the 2.0 lines that aren't completed yet (specifically Spellbound, but perhaps including Origin of the Species, etc.)?

I presume further titles won't be published for 2.0, so will these lines be moved to 3, or sideways to Fantasy Craft, or made for generic Mastercraft?
tenebrae
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 03:52:04 AM »

Just found my own answer in the State of the Company on the wiki (http://www.crafty-games.com/node/1013).

Quote from: Fantasy Craft section
Soon after will come Spellbound, your gateway to ultimate magic power: hundreds of new Fantasy Craft spells organized together with those from the core book to create the definitive grimoire for all casters. Also included are eight unique classes, one dedicated to each of the eight schools of magic, plus new feats, campaign qualities, and guidance to enhance arcane and divine magic in your games.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

Your game room, kid-friendly again

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 04:02:18 AM »

Spellbound's becoming a self-contained print/PDF product for Fantasy Craft. That makes it a Mastercraft product, so it'll be fully compatible with Spycraft Third Edition.

All the remaining products we have planned for Spycraft 2.0 are mentioned in the State of the Company (namely, the rest of the Saturday Morning Spycraft series and the rest of the World on Fire run).
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 04:04:00 AM by Crafty_Pat » Logged

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
starwarsphil
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 04:42:19 AM »

I've probably missed some small print that says this in the State of the Company but is Gear and Gadgets SC3.0 only?

Phil

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 04:56:25 AM »

I've probably missed some small print that says this in the State of the Company but is Gear and Gadgets SC3.0 only?

It's for Spycraft Third and Ten Thousand Bullets (i.e. modern Mastercraft).

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Trigger
Operative

Never Trust Your Contact!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 08:08:25 AM »

So after the summer there will be no new releases for Spycraft 2.0?  Only material for 3.0 which can be used in 2.0?

"Identity confirmed...welcome agent"
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 08:23:17 AM »

Are you lads planning a future update document for 2.0 pdf's?  To keep using saturday morning spycraft next year for instance.
Stratos
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 08:24:43 AM »

So after the summer there will be no new releases for Spycraft 2.0?  Only material for 3.0 which can be used in 2.0?

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for but I'll plug it anyways: Music will continue to release weekly and it's compatible for all versions of Spycraft although we'll be releasing it in conjunction with the release of Third Edition.  If time allows, I even hope to release some songs specifically for the Saturday Morning series as those are the shows I grew up on and still love today.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 08:30:13 AM »

So after the summer there will be no new releases for Spycraft 2.0?

That's correct.

Only material for 3.0 which can be used in 2.0?

Spycraft Third, Ten Thousand Bullets, and Fantasy Craft, being Mastercraft products, will be completely compatible with each other. Spycraft 2.0 is a separate system, though one that's pretty similar. We like to say that Spycraft 2.0 and Mastercraft are "portable" to each other - in that some rules will work fluidly and others won't.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 08:33:10 AM »

Are you lads planning a future update document for 2.0 pdf's?  To keep using saturday morning spycraft next year for instance.

If the question is whether we're planning to release official conversion material from Spycraft 2.0 to Spycraft Third, then the answer is, sadly, no. It's just not feasible for us to do that and focus on the new products that everyone craves. We are not, however, opposed to unofficial conversion material, and in fact have a forum that's tailor-made for it (among other things).

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Trigger
Operative

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 08:45:27 AM »

Thanks for the clarification Pat. 

And thanks for the answer to the other question about Crafty not doing a official convertion of all the Spycraft 2.0 PDF's to 3rd edition.

I see this is where the path divides in playing Spycraft.  Either play Spycraft 2.0 with all the supporting 2.0 PDF's and the 2.0 line will be done after summer, or move onto Spycraft 3.0 with a whole new line of material yet to come down the line.

Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 08:52:05 AM »

I see this is where the path divides in playing Spycraft.  Either play Spycraft 2.0 with all the supporting 2.0 PDF's and the 2.0 line will be done after summer, or move onto Spycraft 3.0 with a whole new line of material yet to come down the line.

Sort of Smiley. As we've seen with the boards in the aftermath of Fantasy Craft, conversion of 2.0 material  to Mastercraft has not been nearly as arduous as it was from 1.0 to 2.0. But you're right in that we simply don't have the resources to support two seperate versions of Spycraft at the same time.

Trigger
Operative

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 08:58:22 AM »

Sort of Smiley. As we've seen with the boards in the aftermath of Fantasy Craft, conversion of 2.0 material  to Mastercraft has not been nearly as arduous as it was from 1.0 to 2.0. But you're right in that we simply don't have the resources to support two seperate versions of Spycraft at the same time.

Thanks Alex.

Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 09:11:14 AM »

If the question is whether we're planning to release official conversion material from Spycraft 2.0 to Spycraft Third, then the answer is, sadly, no. It's just not feasible for us to do that and focus on the new products that everyone craves. We are not, however, opposed to unofficial conversion material, and in fact have a forum that's tailor-made for it (among other things).

Shan't be a problem.  I look forward to figuring out how to convert and add the bits and pieces that don't make it into 3.0.  From experiance so far [OoTS: Classic fantasy -> FC, Spellbound, a few classes from 2.0 -> FC] it's looking pretty straightforward, as Alex said.  I've actually been looking forward to this since the first announcement of Mastercraft as a unified system, back in mid '08.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 09:12:00 AM »

That's the spirit T! Smiley

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO