Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 30, 2014, 02:17:22 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft Third Edition
| | |-+  ZOMG! IT'S TEH END OF TEH WORLD!!!1!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ZOMG! IT'S TEH END OF TEH WORLD!!!1!  (Read 3423 times)
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 07:05:20 PM »

I was, in fact, joking. The answer is more likely 'Whatever those two columns need to be to to provide an elegant and easy to use Agency Style gear-up'.

Given how Fantasycraft works as an example, they might very well be Lifestyle and Legend, with Agency-issue gear being set by a flat (and very simple) Career Level and Menace calculation.

"Quartermaster draws" equal to career level + Menace, anyone?

It would not be that hard to give a fast gear-issue system that remains 99% compatible with other MC environments. Imagine the cash system we can see now with Gadgets costing rep, but because you work for an agency, you can exchange your gadgets from mission to mission at no penalty. It might be nice for really hammering home that having the abiltiy to drop by the Quartermaster to grab what you need on a per-assignment basis is a privilege and advantage, rather than the millstone so many players seemed ot view it as when they had to turn stuff in at the end of the adventure.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 10:37:59 PM »

I've been currently toying with the idea of gadgets as prizes, I've been going at a rate of 10xCal, and its working pretty solidly, so I can definately see that working Morg.

Lifestyle could cover Panache and Gear Picks for an agency governed mission [panache giving spending cash as per usual] - prudence wouldn't be so important in my opinion.  Don't know if this would work, but it could give you either a low equipment operator who relies on cash and style, or someone who gets heavily geared up by the agency.
gaghiel42
Handler

The Dude abides.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 10:54:31 PM »

Prudence wouldn't be so important in my opinion.  Don't know if this would work, but it could give you either a low equipment operator who relies on cash and style, or someone who gets heavily geared up by the agency.

None of my players enjoyed Prudence and typically used it as a dumpstat to pump their panache.  They'd try to spend everything they could before 'downtime' hit so they wouldnt loose a bunch of it.  I'd have to imagine the same thing would be true for SC3.

Agent Codename Whitefire
Wheelman for Life
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 11:13:24 PM »

Prudence wouldn't be so important in my opinion.  Don't know if this would work, but it could give you either a low equipment operator who relies on cash and style, or someone who gets heavily geared up by the agency.

None of my players enjoyed Prudence and typically used it as a dumpstat to pump their panache.  They'd try to spend everything they could before 'downtime' hit so they wouldnt loose a bunch of it.  I'd have to imagine the same thing would be true for SC3.

The exact same thing happens in my group [for most players] but I was more suggesting it because if you work for an agency after a mission [downtime] you lose all that missions supplied cash anyway, and they give you more for the next mission.
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 11:35:15 PM »

Quote from: Morgenstern
It would not be that hard to give a fast gear-issue system that remains 99% compatible with other MC environments. Imagine the cash system we can see now with Gadgets costing rep, but because you work for an agency, you can exchange your gadgets from mission to mission at no penalty. It might be nice for really hammering home that having the abiltiy to drop by the Quartermaster to grab what you need on a per-assignment basis is a privilege and advantage, rather than the millstone so many players seemed ot view it as when they had to turn stuff in at the end of the adventure.

The problem with the gear system was that in many minds it singularly failed to replicate that kick-arse and deeply iconic moment in many movies/series when the agents are either off book or off the run from their bosses and they open up a storage locker to reveal a huge weapons/equipment dump that the character(s) had acquired over the years on the QT.

That and the ingame expense of equipment didn't always correspond to the realworld cost

TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 08:55:07 AM »

/random Tangent warning.

You know... the next time the Crafty bunch says "They have something major to announce...", they sure set the bar high with this one.  Smiley
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 09:09:27 AM »

/random Tangent warning.

You know... the next time the Crafty bunch says "They have something major to announce...", they sure set the bar high with this one.  Smiley

Dead on.  I was expecting like a Call to Arms announcement, telling us what the next Saturday Morning Spycraft product would be, and with alot of luck a vague date for 10k Bullets.  Needless to say I was blown away.
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 12:04:19 PM »

/random Tangent warning.

My hope is not to replicate the scale of this annoucement again for a long time. A new product line, sure, but not a new product line, nearly a year's schedule, the launch of a webstore/revamped website and a change of publishers all in one go Smiley

Doublebond
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 12:22:23 PM »

You guys are going to announce it when the second printing is released, right?
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 12:50:21 PM »

You guys are going to announce it when the second printing is released, right?

Oh yeah. As soon as we know when the PDF is available and when the books are back on shelves, you'll hear about it.

TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2010, 09:44:22 AM »

/random Tangent warning.

My hope is not to replicate the scale of this annoucement again for a long time. A new product line, sure, but not a new product line, nearly a year's schedule, the launch of a webstore/revamped website and a change of publishers all in one go Smiley

The only thing that was missing this year was.. "And, after many an internal debate, we've come to terms with the United Nations to form a small island nation known as the "Republic of Crafty Island" located somewhere in the south pacific.  Citizenship and VISA applications will be announced later this year."
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2010, 11:09:55 AM »

I could get in on that citizenship.

Living Spycraft Masterm
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2010, 11:48:05 AM »

I could get in on that citizenship.

It would make for one interesting citizenship test, with an equally cool pledge of allegiance.
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2010, 11:50:07 AM »

Damn Skippy!

Living Spycraft Masterm
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2010, 06:55:25 AM »

...a small island nation known as the "Republic of Crafty Island" located somewhere in the south pacific.

Well, if certainly North American celebrities can purchase entire islands in NZ, I don't see why Crafty couldn't do the same Wink

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: