Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 05:19:27 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Ten Thousand Bullets
| | |-+  Pinging the Crafty Lads
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pinging the Crafty Lads  (Read 5179 times)
RichardAshenden
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2010, 04:49:21 PM »

Well, I've been absent from the forum for many months now, and I would like the official word on the status of 10KB. Since I first heard of the project a few years ago, I've gotten grey and I can hear my knees creak with arthritis when I sit down. I'm not kidding.

Will it be released this year?

Smiley
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 10:57:29 AM »

Quote from: RichardAshenden link=topic=3608.msg60593#msg60593

Smiley[/quote
My friend, I fear you just pushed its release back another six months.   Cry

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 11:12:50 AM »

Well, I've been absent from the forum for many months now, and I would like the official word on the status of 10KB. Since I first heard of the project a few years ago, I've gotten grey and I can hear my knees creak with arthritis when I sit down. I'm not kidding.

Smiley

Think how Crafty Alex feels ... the guy has been working/reworking the game itself through 3 or more systems over the past 10 years! You should not feel the creaking in your knees if he has not felt it yet.

Living Spycraft Masterm
Venkman
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 01:35:10 PM »

I've been checking this site every day myself, hoping for a hint of news. 10KB and Dresden Files are my 2 main rpg purchases this year (yeah right).

Plus I watched Black Dynamite this weekend and I want to use 10KB to run my own blaxploitation/Kung Fu epic. Grin

RichardAshenden
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 05:15:57 PM »

So, are any of you gents staff of Crafty?
If not, I'm still hoping for some official word.
Will 10KB no longer be compatible with the SC2.0 rules, and only Master Craft?
I'm a little lost with the changes I've been hearing about.
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 05:19:01 PM »

While I'm not on the staff of Crafty, I've known Pat since 2001 when Spycraft first appeared on the stage and played it then.

It will be part of Mastercraft and that engine. Somewhere way down the road, way way way down the road, there will be a Mastercraft Espionage book. But the differences in the systems are not that big and can be reverse engineered or adjusted rather easily.

Living Spycraft Masterm
Pheonyx
Agent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 11:01:06 PM »

Mastercraft is more of a streamlining of the Spycraft 2.0 rules which can be modified to fit various settings; FantasyCraft is the first taste of the MasterCraft system in use. 10KB will be the next, IIRC.

I'm not part of the staff, but I have been around Spycraft since it was called "Series Archer" before the split to become silver and black books occurred, and Patrick granted me the title "Spycraft Agent #001".

All I can say is please be patient... these guys have a lot on their plates and are doing the best they can at giving us the best products they can with their limited time and resources. I'd rather wait two years for a damn near perfect game than get a half-thrown together book in two months.

Ashes to ashes,
Pheonyx

Official Spycraft Agent #001
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

We have all the time in the world.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 07:21:08 AM »

Great to have you back on the boards, Rich! Rest assured that 10kB is among the next wave of releases we're cooking up. As to specific release dates, we're very careful not to talk about them more than a few months out anymore, as beyond there are simply too many factors that can impact the schedule of a small operation like ours. We'll get info out there just as soon as we know it won't change. Smiley

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
RichardAshenden
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 03:57:43 PM »

Thanks, Pat!
Doublebond
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 06:02:00 PM »

Great to have you back on the boards, Rich! Rest assured that 10kB is among the next wave of releases we're cooking up. As to specific release dates, we're very careful not to talk about them more than a few months out anymore, as beyond there are simply too many factors that can impact the schedule of a small operation like ours. We'll get info out there just as soon as we know it won't change. Smiley

Okay, but, just to clarify a bit, do you think 10KB might come out this year?  Huh?
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 06:20:29 PM »

Okay, but, just to clarify a bit, do you think 10KB might come out this year?  Huh?
Arrre weee therrrrre yet?

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
Number Three
Handler

I have become Deathbus, destoyer of threads.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 02:34:46 AM »

Everytime some asks when 10KB is going to be released, Alex pushes the book back a month.  TRU FAX.  Evil

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 12:00:46 PM »

Everytime some asks when 10KB is going to be released, Alex pushes the book back a month.  TRU FAX.  Evil
And God kills a kitten.  Though I may be thinking of something else regarding kitten mortality.

Nepenthe
Control

High Priest of the Cult of Crafty

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 01:29:19 PM »

As long as it doesn't make you go blind. Don't want to stack the odds for that. Tongue

Reapercussions
RichardAshenden
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 12:39:28 AM »

Well, I'll ping again: any progress on 10K Bullets?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: