Author Topic: [FantasyCraft] The Blood Mage.  (Read 782 times)

Sletchman

• Control
  • Gentleman Scholar.
    • View Profile
    • The SletchWeb
[FantasyCraft] The Blood Mage.
« on: February 21, 2010, 06:55:49 AM »
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:59:26 AM by Sletchman »

Doublebond

Re: [FantasyCraft] The Blood Mage.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 07:27:07 AM »
When this ability ends you become Fatigued and Sickened for the remainder of the adventure.

Oh snap. That's positively nasty.

tenebrae

• Operative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 02:40:32 PM »
I like it a lot. The Spellcasting requirement seems a bit easy though (in that all casters are likely to have those ranks). How about a feat instead? Guts? Bandage? Dark Ritual (from the CtA: Infernalist pdf) would fit very well.

I'd like to see an ability that boosts the Save DC against your spells against any target that is bleeding. [edit] Just noticed Bloody Breach. I think that's meant to do the same thing, but it's not very clear what the penalty is to

Sletchman

• Control
  • Gentleman Scholar.
    • View Profile
    • The SletchWeb
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 04:27:34 PM »
I like it a lot. The Spellcasting requirement seems a bit easy though (in that all casters are likely to have those ranks). How about a feat instead? Guts? Bandage? Dark Ritual (from the CtA: Infernalist pdf) would fit very well.

I was thinking about those, as well as Combat Vitality as possible pre-reqs.  Will ponder mroe and ammend.

I'd like to see an ability that boosts the Save DC against your spells against any target that is bleeding. [edit] Just noticed Bloody Breach. I think that's meant to do the same thing, but it's not very clear what the penalty is to

Bloody Breach is supposed to cover that, I'll try figure out a clear way to write it.

When this ability ends you become Fatigued and Sickened for the remainder of the adventure.

Oh snap. That's positively nasty.

I wanted it to be a "think seriously about using it" ability.  It could kill you, and if it doesn't, it could definately limit your usefulnes for a period of time.  I was also going to make the user Stunned for a number of rounds equal to the time it was active.  Changed my mind at the last second.