Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2014, 12:49:22 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  [FantasyCraft] The Drunken Master [with bonus new feat chain].
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [FantasyCraft] The Drunken Master [with bonus new feat chain].  (Read 1945 times)
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 20, 2010, 03:39:04 AM »

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:59:33 AM by Sletchman » Logged
tenebrae
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 04:50:22 AM »

As discussed in the Shadowdancer thread, Evasion doesn't work well as a 2/7 ability (for balance reasons).

Overall, it feels to me like the sort of thing that could be handled as a feat tree. It's fairly limited in scope (drinking) without giving a broad range of abilities the way most Expert classes do.
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 05:01:15 AM »

Fixxed evasion to be a 6th level ability, as per Morg's suggestion [in the shadowdancer thread].  Also put in Staggering Charge, which for some reason was absent from my original post.
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 05:57:05 AM »

'like it a lot, but the first occurrence of Staggering charge looks a bit like Mobility Basics. Also, shouldn't the guy receive a discount on booze? Tongue Finally, I feel he has a lot of skills and not so much vitality for a drunk warrior. Why not d12 and 4 skill points?
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 07:30:42 AM »

'like it a lot, but the first occurrence of Staggering charge looks a bit like Mobility Basics. Also, shouldn't the guy receive a discount on booze? Tongue Finally, I feel he has a lot of skills and not so much vitality for a drunk warrior. Why not d12 and 4 skill points?

Egads! You're right.  I'm thinking rescript the first iteration of Staggering Charge to grant Mobility Basics, and the second to grant Mobility Master, with the bonus that you can make a free action feint using acrobatics.

Thats probably a good call on vitality / skill points [and the discount on booze], I'm almost certain I put it as 9 vitality / 6 skills because i like playing characters with more skills, rather then thinking it through.  Plus I might have a mental connection between full base attack and 12 vitality.  Will definately change that.

Edit: Changed vitality and skills, and granted a booze discount.  Also edited staggering charge.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 07:33:14 AM by Turnip666 » Logged
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 09:00:12 AM »

Very impresive work.

Should probably add a small bonus to staggering charge I. Maybe a +1 uses of the charge basics feat for each drink you've benefited from this scene.

I would fold "I can stop any time I want" back into "It's medicinal, I swear" (just make it a second paragraph). It's really just the second half of the same ability (despite the amusing name).

List Wuxia after  "It's medicinal, I swear" (abilities introduced at the same level are alphabetized).

The feats seem a little rough, but they do bring the daddy. Word.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 10:08:04 AM »

Very impresive work.

Should probably add a small bonus to staggering charge I. Maybe a +1 uses of the charge basics feat for each drink you've benefited from this scene.

Thanks, and done.

I would fold "I can stop any time I want" back into "It's medicinal, I swear" (just make it a second paragraph). It's really just the second half of the same ability (despite the amusing name).

It was planned as a two-part ability, so I've written it as one ability now and it is easier to process.  Hows the wording on it?

List Wuxia after  "It's medicinal, I swear" (abilities introduced at the same level are alphabetized).

The feats seem a little rough, but they do bring the daddy. Word.

Done.  The feats weren't really meant to be serious, just a little bit of fun.  I really like a stress damage backhand attack though.  It's very the "Archie Slap" from Rock'n'Rolla.
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 07:15:32 AM »

I kinda feel like we've hit a critical threshold in the disemination of class creation lore. I've seen a number of good-to-excellent classes presented lately, and while I ussually can see ways to polish them, the fundmentals are looking solid after very few revisions.

It's kinda nice Smiley.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 08:25:39 AM »

It's kinda nice Smiley.

The students are becoming the masters. You might want to keep an eye out for gamers dressed as Darth Vader. That could end rather badly for you Wink

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 09:37:11 AM »

It's kinda nice Smiley.

The students are becoming the masters. You might want to keep an eye out for gamers dressed as Darth Vader. That could end rather badly for you Wink

He's safe from me at least - Brisbane heat + black + heavy armour = heat damage.  I simply don't have the survival ranks to make the rolls.
Doublebond
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 02:44:36 PM »

At level 4, you and your team mates may benefit from an additional drink per day. Further, when you drink alcohol you gain the effects of a Brawn I or Cure Wounds II spell.  At level 8, you and your team mates may benefit from a further additional drink per day, and the effect of alcohol consumption increases to a Brawn II, or Cure Wounds IV spell.

Fixed some minor grammar mistakes.

Also, I wonder how much of a chance this class has of using some warped vows like the normal monk class. :p
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 02:47:05 PM by Doublebond » Logged
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 11:08:57 PM »

Fixed some minor grammar mistakes.

Also, I wonder how much of a chance this class has of using some warped vows like the normal monk class. :p

I think most of them came when that ability went from 2 abilities to 1 [mostly for coheriance].  Cheers.

I like the idea, but I have no idea how to implement it.  I also want to avoid sorcery or miracles [which removes paths and spells], and keep it different from being just a modded monk.  I could see see like a variant monk with that sorta idea.  Paths/Vows of Chaos, Corruption, Destruction  Something to that effect.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: