Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 03:06:29 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Wiki Development
| | |-+  Creating new pages on the Wiki
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Creating new pages on the Wiki  (Read 4859 times)
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 11:54:46 AM »

Right. I'm not 'leet enough. Nevermind.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 01:09:02 PM »

Right. I'm not 'leet enough. Nevermind.

Obviously, it's spelled L337.

* Krensky goes and hides from Scott's wrath.

Wink

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 05:26:35 PM »

In the interest of curbing Scott's fury and everyone's frustration, I want to note we are planning a major site upgrade in the coming 2 months, where we should see some pretty significance performance improvements in the wiki and other spots. Please bear with us - there are only so many hours in the day Smiley

"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games
pawsplay
Powered By Publisher
Control

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 06:52:52 PM »

Explorer is a significant security flaw and lacks the functionality of its competetors: when it takes only a few minutes to upgrade to one of them, there's no good excuse not to do so short of some short sighted network sysadmin.

Other than, you know, being asked to install a new web brower to be able to use exactly Wiki. It would be like being to buy a better car in order to park in a pay parking garage... you know what, I'll just park somewhere else.
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 11:20:56 PM »

Other than, you know, being asked to install a new web brower to be able to use exactly Wiki. It would be like being to buy a better car in order to park in a pay parking garage... you know what, I'll just park somewhere else.

Except its more like being given a new car for free, in order to park in a free garage, where all the cool kids park.  The only good reason I've heard for using IE is "oh, I didn't know there were other ones" [quote from my Mum].

The above post is somewhat tongue in cheek, please do not get offended.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 12:15:06 AM »

I use IE daily because most of my companies web apps need it.

MS has made major improvements to it's security and stability from IE6.  If he wants to use IE that's his choice and it's not a wrong one. I don't understand how he made it, but then again I don't understand how people cal eat liver and onions. Insulting someone, directly, indirectly, or even with little passive aggressive little snickers is so... 90s.. and not in a good way.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 12:21:13 AM by Krensky » Logged

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 01:28:35 AM »

MS has made major improvements to it's security and stability from IE6.  If he wants to use IE that's his choice and it's not a wrong one. I don't understand how he made it, but then again I don't understand how people cal eat liver and onions. Insulting someone, directly, indirectly, or even with little passive aggressive little snickers is so... 90s.. and not in a good way.

I thought my little disclaimer made it obvious I was just kidding around.  Guess not.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 03:06:32 AM »

I thought my little disclaimer made it obvious I was just kidding around.  Guess not.

I should have noted it wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 11:14:58 AM »

Thats the perils of a text based medium, intonation and direction are often misjudged.
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 08:52:46 PM »

Peace Smiley. While I'd hoped that Morganti's bit of debuging might lead to a semi-immediate solution, that matter is clearly on the 'to-do list'. I look forward to the site update.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
pawsplay