Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 28, 2014, 01:04:37 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  $$$ for renown?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: $$$ for renown?  (Read 1020 times)
vecnalives
Recruit

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2010, 10:31:45 PM »

I know we cant donate money to someone or church to get some renown as a gesture.  But my group in my mind should get something. Thus if people give away money how much if any renown could we get. Or is this a hard and fast rule of NOPE?
pawsplay
Powered By Publisher
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 10:49:03 PM »

I think your best bet is to treat it like hiring services, even though it's a donation for good will rather than buying a service, per se.
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 10:56:26 PM »

Since GMs control the availability of coin in individual campaigns, a hard and fast rule other than NOPE would be pretty difficult. Regardles, I'd suggest it be very, very rare that the opportunity even comes up. Possibly the GM could create some windows - moments where a major presence is in dire need and a big infusion of cash would solve the problem, but I personally would never make it any sort of scalable, at-player-discretion opportunity for dumpping loose change. Little coin does not buy big coin; that's the point of having two systems.

Basically make it an adventure goal where the challenge is turn over a heap of money rather than kill a critter or manage a skill check.

The movie Blues Brothers comes to mind... Smiley
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 10:58:34 PM by Morgenstern » Logged

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 11:59:44 PM »

Donations give you disposition modifiers (the GM will need to figure out how much any given donation makes the church like you) or services (as presented in the relevant section of chapter 4).

They may also result in you being thrown against a wall, especially in Grump's gmae. Wink

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
vecnalives
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 09:11:46 AM »

Thanks for the answers guys

I was just thinking what else they could use all the money they have stored in their prudence for. Perhaps I will have them use the cash for the suggestions you have mention, especially disposition. Smiley
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 01:51:33 PM »

I was just thinking what else they could use all the money they have stored in their prudence for. Perhaps I will have them use the cash for the suggestions you have mention, especially disposition. Smiley

This is the problem with coin translating to, well, any limited character resource: there's no limit to the cash characters can acquire. If characters can use coin to buy limited character resources, those resources are no longer limited. Wink

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 02:56:05 PM »

I was just thinking what else they could use all the money they have stored in their prudence for.

There are plenty of costly items in Fantasy Craft. Check out the cost of Superior Fitted Articulated Plate. That'll soak up a fair bit of silver Wink

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Brakk
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 03:57:13 PM »

Check table 4.27 on page 189. There it says you spend 1 Reputation point for 1000 sp under Loan Favor. So that translates to 1 Renown point for a mere price of 50 000 sp.

I can imagine the following: "Yes, guys. That's 30 articulated plates per head. You don't want to remain squires forever, do you?" Grin
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 04:23:52 PM by Brakk » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: