Author Topic: Noble: Atium and Steel  (Read 392 times)

Kadrok

• Operative
    • View Profile
Noble: Atium and Steel
« on: November 20, 2015, 06:41:19 PM »
At least that's what I assume it will be called, given the significance of Atium and the Steel Ministry in Noble culture and trade.

I know what you're thinking... "Kadrok, "Skaa: Tin and Ash" is barely out yet! Just calm down already!" but I must say I am super hyped for the Noble Supplement.

What do you guys think will be in it?

I'm guessing there'll be a Steel Ministry network, or perhaps different networks for each Canton? What about Networks for different houses as well? In fact, the Noble supplement seems like it'd have a lot of potential for networks given how many powerful noble groups, houses and cantons, there are in the books.

Obviously we'll be getting a stunt that adds two to Reputation, just as the Skaa got one for health and the Terris got one for Willpower.

The Rogues gallery will be interesting, especially the work ups for characters from the books. Have we got Straff yet, I don't recall? Perhaps we'll get Shan Elariel, or Aradan Yomen, or the Steel Inquisitors Kar and Bendal? Or Lord Prelan Tevidan Tekiel?

Perhaps there'll be something on the Metallurgical Sciences? Maybe stunts?

So SYCHED! Ahem. I'll get back to obsessing over Skaa: Tin and Ash now.
Interesting discussion, but I think rule of cool could reasonably trump mere science in a game about magic powers.   :P

SirJerric

• Jr. Agent
    • View Profile
Re: Noble: Atium and Steel
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 09:24:27 PM »
I'd thought that the workings of the Steel Ministry were going to be a separate supplement.

I'd like to get more information on the Hazekiller culture, and some information on how new houses are formed and where ever else that younger sons have to go to make places for themselves in the Empire.
- SirJerric -
Wishes he was a Zinc Ferring.

Herowannabe

• Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 10:42:13 PM »
I agree with SirJerric, I think it will be two separate supplements. "Nobility: Politics and Atium" is my prediction for the name of the Nobles supplement. (I was going to say "Nobility: Atium and Balls," but that can be taken the wrong way FAR too easily...  ::))

As for the Steel Ministry supplement name... "The Ministry: Steel and Blood" maybe? Or maybe just "The Steel Ministry." Has a nice enough ring to it, even it doesn't follow the "Name: Thing and Thing" format.

SirJerric

• Jr. Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 11:18:37 PM »
 ??? You do recall that Terris: Wrought of Copper doesn't fit the "thing and thing" format?

I like Obligators: Eyes of Steel and Nobles: Brazen as Brass myself. :D
- SirJerric -
Wishes he was a Zinc Ferring.

Kadrok

• Operative
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 01:39:53 AM »
??? You do recall that Terris: Wrought of Copper doesn't fit the "thing and thing" format?
Yes I do. I couldn't think of any "x of metal" which fit the Nobles however.
Interesting discussion, but I think rule of cool could reasonably trump mere science in a game about magic powers.   :P

Gargoyle

• Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 08:39:01 AM »
"The Ministry: Steel and Blood"
I like it.

I hope they're different.

Kadrok

• Operative
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 04:12:53 PM »

I like Obligators: Eyes of Steel and Nobles: Brazen as Brass myself. :D
Quote from: Herowannabe link=topic=8263.msg160259#msg16025N9 date=1448088133
(I was going to say "Nobility: Atium and Balls," but that can be taken the wrong way FAR too easily...  ::))
Supplement title confirmed: "Noble: Brass Balls."

Tellingdwar

• Jr. Agent
  • The Littlest Keeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 06:51:54 PM »
My friends and I recently wrote rules for rolling up Noble Houses as part of a plan for a game where each player controls an entire House, complete with three Heroes and a number of extras under their control. Each house would have traits, attributes, standings, and resiliences similar to heroes or villains, but on a grander scale.

Because apparently I can't play this game without adding a ton of house rules and going in the opposite direction of the latest supplement, heh.

Kadrok

• Operative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 07:16:16 PM »
My friends and I recently wrote rules for rolling up Noble Houses as part of a plan for a game where each player controls an entire House, complete with three Heroes and a number of extras under their control. Each house would have traits, attributes, standings, and resiliences similar to heroes or villains, but on a grander scale.

Because apparently I can't play this game without adding a ton of house rules and going in the opposite direction of the latest supplement, heh.
You sound like Claincy.

I partly want the Noble supplement because I want to play a Black Adder-esque scheming character.

Herowannabe

• Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 10:53:06 PM »

I'd love to see those rules. Perhaps you could drop a post over in the House Rules Thread;)

lord Claincy Ffnord

• Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 05:55:54 AM »
You sound like Claincy.
I could pretend not to be pleased about having that reputation, but nah, I am :)