Author Topic: Request: Stunt Importing for AoL2  (Read 353 times)

Kadrok

• Handler
    • View Profile
Request: Stunt Importing for AoL2
« on: December 02, 2015, 05:21:15 PM »
Call me an addict but I'm super excited for the next AoL supplement (I assume there will be one... I think I read Alex mention something like that).

You may be thinking, "Kadrok, calm down and just enjoy the Skaa supplement" but my enjoyment of the Skaa supplement is actually one of the reasons I'm posting about future supplements, because the thing I probably want most is an official rule box or section explaining (and legitimizing) which stunts from the Skaa and Noble supplements can be imported into the AoL setting, and under what circumstances.

The Terris ones are easy enough to import, since being Terris is still a thing in AoL, but some of the Skaa stunts (and presumably when we get them the Noble stunts) seem absolutely ripe for reissue in the AoL setting.

Yes, I could homebrew it, but I hate homebrewing because it lacks the legitimacy of a real release. I guess I want to know that I'm not cheating when I give whatever character "Friends in Low Places" in the AoL setting, or whatever.
Interesting discussion, but I think rule of cool could reasonably trump mere science in a game about magic powers.   :P

lord Claincy Ffnord

• Agent
    • View Profile
Re: Request: Stunt Importing for AoL2
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 05:19:33 AM »
I don't think it's much of an issue. There is a larger middle class in the AoL era but there is still a distinct aristocracy and worker class and the majority of the stunts translate directly across. Sure you won't have specifically stated Canal/Plantation/City skaa but for what that matters you can just use a simple "makes sense" ruling. Does the description fit with the background I've already outlined for my character? y/n

An official ruling could be useful I spose but I think this is one of the cases where the response would basically be "Decide based on whatever you think would be most fun or secondarily on what would be the least broken."

Kadrok

• Handler
    • View Profile
Re: Request: Stunt Importing for AoL2
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 03:18:42 PM »
But legitimacy... :/
Interesting discussion, but I think rule of cool could reasonably trump mere science in a game about magic powers.   :P