Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2014, 07:20:23 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  [FantasyCraft] A New Design for Variant-Humans: As Human Species Feats
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [FantasyCraft] A New Design for Variant-Humans: As Human Species Feats  (Read 2406 times)
SilvercatMoonpaw
Control

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 09:36:56 PM »

An idea I thought of: usually "web" type abilities involve the clichéd shooting an entangling rope at a target.  I wanted to avoid that with the Kuomo, but a more realistic use of webbing, as climbing gear, might be fun.  I'm thinking I could give the Kuomo the ability to "produce" climbing gear, both for their and others' use.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 09:49:41 PM »

Check the SC origin creation rules for the Augmented NPC quality.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
SilvercatMoonpaw
Control

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 10:17:54 PM »

I took a look.  Am I to assume that the NPC quality gives use of a kit without having to purchase it?
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 04:09:29 AM »

The augmented quality lets you build a piece of equipment into a NPC. For example, the SC2 write up of a species talent in SC2 used it twice, once for a Climbing Kit I to represent climbing adaoptations to the limbs and claws, and the other for a Comercial GPS to represent a flawless sense of direction, location, and time.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
SilvercatMoonpaw
Control

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2009, 07:30:39 AM »

Hmm, the table of costs for the things that go in Species feats has "always has kit" for the same cost.  But I assumed that only allowed the character with the feat to have that benefit.  I'm wondering how to allow the Kuomo to share their benefit with other characters.

EDIT: Hmmm, I wonder if I could just double the cost of "always has kit" and state that you can provide the benefit for one other person.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 07:46:42 AM by SilvercatMoonpaw » Logged
SilvercatMoonpaw
Control

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 06:39:50 PM »

I think I've got the final versions of all my feats down, plus a new one:

Nocturnal:
You are well adapted for the night.
Pre: Level 1 only.
Benefit: You gain low-light vision, and your hearing range increments are equal to your Wis score x10 ft, and you may always act during a surprise round unless deafened.
Special: When you take this feat you may reduce any of your attributes by 2 to gain an additional Species feat with the requirement “Level 1 only”.

Amphibious:
You are as at home in water as you are on land.
Benefit: You gain a swim speed of 40 ft and the aquatic I quality.
Special: When you take this feat you may reduce any of your attributes by 2 to gain an additional Species feat with the requirement “Level 1 only”.

Arboreal:
Branches are as good as ground to you.
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus with Climb checks and are always considered to have climber’s gear.  Also your Jump distances are doubled and not limited by height.

Snake Tail:
Your lower half is that of a serpent.
Pre: Humanoid body shape, Level 1 only.
Benefit: You have a tail instead of legs and gain improved stability and tail slap II, and a +5 bonus to Swim checks.  You may not make Break Fall or Extend Jump checks.

Four-Legged:
Your lower body is that of a powerful, clawed animal.
Benefit: You are a clawed quadruped below the waste, and gain improved stability and claw II, and your ground speed increases by 10 ft.  You may not make Break Fall or Tumble checks.

Centaur:
Below your waste you have the form of a wild horse instead of a pair of sluggish stilts.
Benefit: You have a horse lower body of Large (1x2) size with Reach 1.  Your Strength increases by 1, and you gain a 50% increase to you encumbrance rating, trample II and kick II, and your ground speed increases by 10 ft.  You may not make Climb, Break Fall, or Tumble checks, you may only use weapons as a Medium size creature, and you gain fatal falls.

Kuomo:

Pre: Humanoid body shape, Level 1 only
Benefit: You have the lower body of a spider, and are Large size (2x2) with Reach 1.  The DC of your Climb checks decrease by 1/2 normal (rounded up).  Additionally you may produce spider webbing, allowing you to create the equivalent of climbing gear that may be used by one other person at a time.  You may not make Break Fall or Tumble checks and you may only wield weapons as a Medium creature.

Winged:
You have wings, be they feathered, leathery, or insectile.
Pre: Non-winged species, Level 1 only
Benefit: You have winged flight 50 ft and an extra benefit based on the type of wing:
* Sea Bird: +5 bonus to Swim checks, but -5 ft on flight speed.
* Sparrow/Songbird: You gain two additional Interests, but your Strength decreases by 1.
* Falcon/Hawk: +1 bonus to Acrobatics skill.
* Eagle: Your Charisma rises by 1.
* Moth: +5 bonus to Intimidate with the Threaten action, but your Constitution decreases by 1.
* Dragonfly: +5 ft to flight speed.
* Wyvern: Claw I natural attack with wings.
* Bat: +1 bonus to Notice skill.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 08:22:37 AM by SilvercatMoonpaw » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: