Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2014, 08:07:05 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Eberron or Iron Kingdoms for Fantasy Craft?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eberron or Iron Kingdoms for Fantasy Craft?  (Read 12198 times)
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2010, 12:57:57 AM »

2 additional Interests might translate into 2 Studies, which would give +2 Knowledge indeed. So, what about:

Higher Education
You have had access to superior teachings and trained your memory.
Advantage: You gain 2 additional Interests. Further, when you make a Knowledge check, you roll twice and keep the result you prefer.
warlock69
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2010, 05:18:20 PM »

How do you handle special Warforged Components and Grafts?  I am planning on running a game in a world similar to Eberron, and I was trying to think of how best to represent this kind of thing mechanically.  In my world, there are people who augment themselves with alchemy or become transformed by large concentrations of magic.

I considered feats, but it doesn't seem appropriate.

For Warforged Components or augmentations, I figured they could be treated as magic items.  They provide a simple benefit with only a minor change to the character which may be interchanged, comparable to a magic item.

For Grafts or transformations, I was thinking of treating them as artifacts.  They can provide a number of benefits, significantly change the character, and are intrinsically linked to the character.  Characters are normally limited to 1 artifact, but they can change & grow more powerful with character progression.  In this way, a character would forgo an artifact to take on a successive Grafts or a growing transformation, gaining similar benefits.

Ideas or criticisms?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 03:45:20 PM by warlock69 » Logged
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2010, 06:19:25 PM »

In SC2.0, you did this by housing gadgets in your body (or part of your body).

If FC, I'd treat them most as magic items, some as gear and a few as artifacts. I'd probably also pull some guidance from the rules in The Big Score on increasing stats with purchased training.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2010, 02:55:06 AM »

I agree. The Magic Items/Artifacts section covers all you need, just add the fluff and it should work fine. For grafts, I would also authorize the use of Warforged (Unborn) weapons for humans, but only in exchange for a hand... Tongue
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2010, 04:33:00 AM »

Edit: Could this thread be moved to the License to Improvise forum? Thanks.

http://www.le-scriptorium.com/uploads/file/Aides_de_jeu/Mastercraft/eberron_conversion_guide.pdf

As requested, I've slowly started to translate the Eberron conversion guide I came up with a few months back (almost a year ago actually). Any comment welcome: English, mechanics, fluff, this was only my second setting conversion so there are certainly many many things to adjust. The artificer should arrive soon. I have made a base class already, but on a second thought I feel it competes too much against the Keeper and the Alchemist instead of with them. So I'll be reworking it as an expert class, and little bit more focused on magic items solely.

Oh and if you want to help, besides feedback, I've not translated the Species fluff I wrote in French - and I'm not going to -, mostly because of my poor English. And I'm quite sure my origins and classes fluff sucks as well. So if you happen to feel creative, I would gladly add any fluff to the document.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 04:36:01 AM by aegis » Logged
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2010, 01:35:23 PM »

Looks good, aegis.  A few small comments:

Page 6:
Thaumartisan paired skills: I think the reference to Medicine should be to Haggle.  Also, am I right in thinking this is meant to duplicate the Magewright NPC class, not the Artificer PC class?

Page 9: There's no "gh" in Juggernaut.

Page 10:
Maskmaster: Party role should say Talker/Wildcard (missing a d).

That's about it, from a quick read.  Looks good, as I said.
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2010, 02:17:32 AM »

Thanks for the feedback! Smiley
Also, am I right in thinking this is meant to duplicate the Magewright NPC class, not the Artificer PC class?
Magewright, that was the name I was looking for! Thanks! About the Artificer, there is an Expert Class coming soon. I'm just finishing a quick conversion guide to 7th Sea in French (this one was actually eazzzy) and I'll do that (or the remaining master classes first maybe).
the331st
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2010, 06:30:22 AM »

Drool...

pg3. Under the Human Splinter race feats.
The only rare hybrids existing are the ‘demon blood’
(Fiendish Heritage), a dark offspring of the sinister daelkyrs

I think this needs to be "and the dark half blood offspring to the sinister Daelkyr"
to reference the Daelkyr half bloods from magic of eberron (who were their own race). Anyone know what Im talking about?
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2010, 06:37:08 AM »

to reference the Daelkyr half bloods from magic of eberron (who were their own race). Anyone know what Im talking about?
That. Since there are no half-fiends on Eberron but rather half-daelkyrs, I was kind of expecting to use the Fiendish Heritage feat with them. But obviously, my sentence was not very clear.
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2010, 10:27:41 AM »

http://www.le-scriptorium.com/uploads/file/Aides_de_jeu/Mastercraft/eberron_conversion_guide.pdf

Two additional classes: the Artificer (Expert) and the Quorian Mindbender (Master). I'm kind of happy with these two. Next, some feats, including a lot of species feats. But I'll wait and see what the half breeds from the AC look like, first. Most probably, this will save me some space. Cheesy
the331st
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2010, 05:33:20 PM »

Hey Thank You for this awesome work. It has really done some good with our Eberron game
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2010, 02:04:47 AM »

Thanks. Before tackling the rest of the feats, I should add a few modifications now that the Adventure Companion is out. In particular, the Regent is just a more generic version of what the Dragonmark Heir is supposed to be. So I'll certainly delete the latter and maybe create a new Dragonmark feat for one ability or two. But other than that, the Regent is really awesome, so why bothering?
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2010, 03:35:09 AM »

2 additional Interests might translate into 2 Studies, which would give +2 Knowledge indeed. So, what about:

Higher Education
You have had access to superior teachings and trained your memory.
Advantage: You gain 2 additional Interests. Further, when you make a Knowledge check, you roll twice and keep the result you prefer.

That overlaps awkwardly with a couple of different feats in Adventure Companion.

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2010, 07:57:05 AM »

That's what I'm talking about. Smiley  Many things I devised before the AC came out must now vanish into the warp. That's gonna save me an awful lot of space.
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2010, 09:58:02 AM »

Hey aegis, just wanted to note you might want to look at the big sidebar in the Species Feats section for a few inspirations on how to build some IK races. You shan't be disappointed Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: