Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2014, 06:51:25 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Eberron or Iron Kingdoms for Fantasy Craft?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eberron or Iron Kingdoms for Fantasy Craft?  (Read 12740 times)
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2009, 04:32:58 PM »

There is some fursther discussion of specific Dragon-Mark conversion in the Astral Magic thread in the license to improvise board. There is a nice thread compiling class creation info there also but I'm not immediately seeing it so I can't give you a link. I'm sure someone will point it out for you sortly Smiley.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2009, 05:24:24 PM »

Aegis' sweet looking Artificer can be found here:  http://www.le-scriptorium.com/uploads/file/Regles_optionnelles/Mastercraft/Classes/artificer.pdf

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2010, 03:44:18 AM »

I'll update the data about Eberron conversion (particularly the Artificer and the Heir of Siberys, concerning their gamebreaker), after a playtest I run next thursday (not just tomorrow).

But for now, I have another little something for you if you're interested. It's about ...

LIVING SPELLS

Living Spells are magic manifestations that occurred in the Mournland around the time of the cataclysm that ravaged the land. They were somehow "freed" of their creators and suddenly given the ability to exist, move, and even think. Now, they haunt the Mournland, wandering endlessly and attacking any threat along the way, which means for their primitive thoughts, anything moving.

Living Spells can be made of one or more area spells. All their statistics are calculated using the highest-level spell composing them (your choice in case of a tie).

Size: A Living Spell's Footprint is limited by the maximum Area of the spell, but may be smaller if you like. Its Size category is then the smallest encompassing. Its Reach is normally 1.

Type: Elemental Spirit. Living Spells are aberrant manifestations of pure magic in the material world, but they often wander back and forth in the primal plane of magic.

Mobility: Living Spells walk of fly (your choice) at a Speed that depends on the Range of the spell: short or close = 4 squares; medium or local = 8 squares; long or remote = 12 squares. If the spell is Range-less, the Living Spell is immobile.

Attributes: A Living Spell's Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, and Wisdom scores are equal to 10 + spell level. Its Intelligence and Charisma scores are equal to 8.

Traits: A Living Spell has a rank I per spell level (minimum I) in each Trait, including Health.

Skills: A Living Spell has Athletics at rank I + I per spell level.

NPC options: Living Spells possess several occurrences (your choice) of natural spell for each spell that composes them. Optionally, they may also possess this option for lower versions of these spells. Further, they benefit from damage reduction equal to their spell level and spell defense equal to half the spell level, rounded up. Finally, they have blindsight and fearless II.

Attacks: A Living Spell's attacks must be built specifically to each one. Most of the time, they benefit from a Slam with grab and Swallow with one or more supernatural attacks linked to it. All these attacks rank should be around half the spell level, more or less I depending on the exact desired effect and the number of supernatural attacks involved.

Treasure: None.

Examples

FIREBALL I
Level: 3 Energy (Fire)
Casting Time: 1 half action
Distance: Medium range attack
Area: 20 ft. sphere
Duration: Instant
Saving Throw: Reflex half
Effect: A bead of flame roars from your palm and may travel through any Small or larger opening. At detonation, the fireball inflicts 1d6 fire damage (AP 5) per 2 Casting Levels (maximum 8d6).

And the Living Spell:

Living Fireball I (Gargantuan Flying Elemental Spirit — 98 XP): Str 13, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 8; SZ Garg (4 squares sphere, Reach 1); Spd 8 squares fly; Init III; Atk III; Def III; Res III; Health III; Comp III; Skills: Athletics IV; Options: blindsight, damage reduction 3, fearless II, natural spell (Fireball I x4), spell defense II
Attacks: Slam II (dmg 1d10 fire; threat 19–20; options: grab), Swallow I (dmg 2d8 fire; Grapple benefit), flare (damage attack II: 1d6 fire/TL; options: supernatural attack (Swallow))
Treasure: none

EARTHQUAKE
Level
: 8 Conversion (Earth)
Distance: Long
Area: 80 ft. sphere
Duration: 1 round
Saving Throw: Reflex half (damage), Reflex negates (conditions)
Effect: An intense but highly localized tremor occurs. All scenery and characters on the ground suffer 8d6 lethal damage and become stunned and sprawled.

And the Living Spell:

Living Earthquake (Enormous Walking Elemental Spirit — 212 XP): Str 18, Dex 18, Con 18, Int 8, Wis 18, Cha 8; SZ E (16 squares sphere, Reach 1); Spd 12 squares ground; Init VIII; Atk VIII; Def VIII; Res VIII; Health VIII; Comp VIII; Skills: Athletics IX; Options: blindsight, damage reduction 8, fearless II, natural spell (Earthquake x3), spell defense IV
Attacks: Slam IV (dmg 2d12 lethal; threat 18–20; options : grab), Swallow V (dmg 6d10 lethal; Grapple benefit), Tremor (sprawling attack IV: Fortitude DC 20 or the target is sprawled; options: supernatural attack (Swallow)), Seismic wave (stunning attack IV: Will DC 20 or the target is stunned for 4d6 rounds; options: supernatural attack (Swallow))
Treasure: none

Remarks? Care to try one yourself?  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 03:48:42 AM by aegis » Logged
Psion
Control

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2010, 01:35:12 PM »

Remarks? Care to try one yourself?  Cheesy

Neat. It seems that the Crafty NPC system streamlines the effort.

One bad thing: you give distance in squares. How 4e of you.  Evil

The Secret Volcano Base: my RPG blog currently discussing Fantasy Craft and Freeport!
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2010, 01:41:33 PM »

It seems that the Crafty NPC system streamlines the effort.
You have no idea!
One bad thing: you give distance in squares. How 4e of you.  Evil
Nah, how kind of me! If I used my regular distances, I would be speaking in meters, never ever in feet. I must say that I hoped Mastercraft would go for a "squares" system rather than feet. I'm sorry, you might certainly like this system since you're used to it, but inches, feet, yards, miles ... Better be good with the math.  Tongue
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2010, 05:32:42 AM »

I'm coming back to this thread. So far is translated what I've done for Dragonmarks (which shouldn't change), Species, Specialties, and two Master Classes. Concerning Species, the Kalashtars should undergo some changes quite soon, based on what I've came up for psionics in Fantasy Craft. Similarly, all psionic Specialties will be revised and certainly put out of this document (and added to the psionic optional rules document). Finally, I've presented two Master Classes, the Dragonmark Scion, which is finished I believe, and the Heir of Syberys, whose gamebreaker is still a little unsatisfying to me. I had also devised a Quorian Mindbender, but I'll certainly modify this one too in order to make it a psionic Master Class.

So now, what's left?
Master Classes: Four more, the Mastodon, the Weretouched, the Masksmaster, and of course the Quorien Mindbender
Feats: A large bunch, including a lot of Species feats because of the many new ones.
Spells: I've converted less than a dozen, so it should be quick.
Gear: New equipment, services, weapons, and magic items.
Bestiary: A large part here as well, with Horses, Giant Crabs, Daelkyrs, Dinosaurs, Dolgonts, Dolgrims, Chokers, Visionary Hags, Homunculus, Inspireds, Patricians, Quorians, Rakshasas, Immortals, Karrnathian Undeads, Warforged Titans, and two archetypes: the mageblood animal and the monstrous animal.
Alignments: Should be quite quick.
Campaign Qualities: Plentiful Magic Items, Powerful Magic Items, Flexible Magic Items, Dragonmarks (new option, allows characters to take Dragonmark/Astral Feats), Bold Heroes, Miracles, Monty Haul, Feat Exchange (Dragonmark Feats), and Sorcery (with cyclical magic if you like).

For those who are interested, tell me your... order of preference. I'll start right now with the oh so subtle Mastodon.

Mastodon (Master Class)

Party Role
: Combatant.

Class Features
Prerequisites
: Warforged (=Unborn), BAB 8+, Armor Basics, Special Construct
Favored Attributes: Strength, Constitution
Class Skills: Athletics, Intimidate, Notice, Resolve, Ride, Tactics
Skill Points: 2 + Int modifier per level
Vitality: 15 + Con modifier per level

Class Abilities
Reinforced Core
: You benefit from an extraordinary progression of Vitality and Skills (see above). Contrary to other Master Classes, you don't gain Continuity. Further, you lose Achille's Heel (electricity). If you already had, you gain Resistance 5 to electricity.
Fortunes of War I: At Level 1, you gain Damage Reduction 1. During dramatic scenes, this DR increases to 2.
Fortunes of War II: At Level 4, your Damage Reduction increases to 2 (4 during dramatic scenes).
Armor Spikes: At Level 2, when you wear a warforged armor, you gain a Squeeze III natural attack.
Armored: At Level 3, you lose fatal falls and lumbering. If you already had lost fatal falls, you gain Resistance 5 to falls. If you already had lost lumbering, you gain evasion I.
Hammer Charge: At Level 4, when you successfully Bull Rush an opponent, you inflict your Squeeze damage.
The Flesh Is Weak: At Level 5, your Size increase by 1 category, if you like, and your Reach increases by 1. You gain Spell Defense equal to 5 + your Resolve bonus. If you already benefited from a Spell Defense, it increases by 5 instead. Finally, you gain your choice of a Bite III or Tail Slap III natural attack.

Table XX: The Mastodon
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Def Init LS Leg Abilities

1 +1 +0 +0 +0 +2 +2 +0 +1 Fortunes of war I, reinforced core
2 +2 +0 +0 +0 +3 +3 +0 +2 Armor spikes
3 +3 +1 +1 +1 +3 +4 +1 +3 Armored
4 +4 +1 +1 +1 +4 +5 +1 +3 Fortunes of war II, hammer charge
5 +5 +1 +1 +1 +5 +5 +1 +4 The Flesh Is Weak
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 08:23:57 AM by aegis » Logged
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2010, 04:50:44 AM »

Before I show any more Master Class, I think it would be interesting to see which feats I use for Eberron, including new (sub-)Species Feats. Since I didn't had the time to playtest these, any feedback is more than welcome.

Chance Feats

Berserker's Luck

"Meet my axe!"
Prerequisite: Rage Basics
Advantage: Once per combat, when you enter Berserker's Stance, you gain a d6 action die. If not spent when you leave the stance, it is lost.

Skills Feats

Higher Education

You've had access to superior teachings.
Advantage: You gain 2 additional Interests.

Eidetic Memory
You just can't forget what you've seen.
Prerequisite: Level 1 only
Advantage: When you make a Knowledge check, you may re-roll the die but must keep the second result even if it's worse.

Dragonmark Feats

Basically, those are the six Astral Magic Feats devised by Morgenstern. They're named Least Dragonmark, Lesser Dragonmark, Major Dragonmark, Dragonmark Basics, Dragonmark Mastery, and Dragonmark Supremacy.

Style Feats

Counsel Wise

Thanks to your ascendancy, you have access to the mythical City of the Dead where you can ask your ancestors for guidance.
Prerequisites: Elf
Advantage: You gain an Immortal Patrician (see later in the bestiary, approximate value 140 XP) as an Acquaintance Contact. This contact may never leave the City of the Dead.

Clergyman
You're a major figure within your Church.
Prerequisites: Followers, Religious (= Noble if you wish) Renown 5
Advantage: Investigation becomes an Origin Skill for you. You gain a Study with a religious theme of your choice. Further, your Style feats count as Gear feats for determining the effect of your Followers feat.

Chivalry
You've been given a chivalrous education.
Advantage: Captain and Lancer becomes Iconic Classes for you. Further, your Military Renown increases by 1.

Power in the House
You're a major figure within your Dragonmark House.
Prerequisites: Member of the race and Dragonmark House
Advantage: Your Noble Renown is considered 3 ranks higher when you can reach your House for a Favor.

Racial Feats

Cliff Shifter

You're an unmatched climber.
Conditions: Shifter, level 1 only
Advantage: Athletics is an Origin Skill for you and you gain superior climber I. Burglar is an Iconic Class for you and you may make Climb checks in Berserker's Stance. Finally, in Berserker's Stance, your Dexterity rises by 2.

Cliff Predator
You don't climb because you have to, you climb because you like to.
Conditions: Shifter, Cliff Heritage
Advantage: You gain superior climber II (for a total of III) and you don't need to make Fortitude checks for extensive climbing. Also, when you fall, you suffer exactly 1 point of damage per die (do not roll the dice).

Dark Clutch
You're bigger and stronger than other saurians ... what else is there to say?
Conditions: Saurian, level 1 only
Advantage: Your Size increases to Large and your Reach to 2. Your Strength rises by 4 but your Dexterity, Intelligence, and Charisma each decrease by 2.

Dark Hunter
You're at home in dark caverns as much as in tropical jungles.
Conditions: Dark Clutch
Advantage: You gain amphibious I and darkvision II. Also, you gain Acid Resistance 5.

Faerie Heart
Your elven origins are stronger.
Conditions: Half-elf, level 1 only
Advantage: You gain elven vision and sharp hearing. Also, you're considered as an elf (but not a fae) for any rule with such condition.

Fierce Heart
Your orc origins are stronger.
Conditions: Half-orc, level 1 only
Advantage: The highest between your Strength and Constitution rises by 1. Further, you gain grueling combatant. Finally, you're considered as an orc for any rule with such condition.

Human Heart
Your human curiosity has always been strong.
Conditions: Half-elf or half-orc, level 1 only
Advantage: Your lowest attribute rises by 1. Further, you gain 1 additional Interest and 1 addition Origin Skill. Finally, you're considered as a human for any rule with such condition.

Gift of the Mind
Your ancestors gave you the gift to read through weak minds.
Conditions: Changeling, level 1 only
Advantage: Your Wisdom rises by 1 and Sense Motive is an Origin Skill for you. Further, you may Detect Emotions, as per a natural spell.

Mind Superiority
Other people's mind are an open book for you.
Conditions: Gift of the Mind
Advantage: Your Intelligence rises by 1 and you may use Detect Emotions on 3 targets at a time.
Further, you may embrace your full psychic's nature when you level. You're constantly under the effect of a Mind Blank spell, but your starting action dice decrease by 1. Also, you suffer a -5 penalty on all Impress checks since your superior mind has made you quite arrogant.

Gift of the Shape
Your ability to change shape is far superior to that of your lesser cousins.
Conditions: Changeling, level 1 only
Advantage: Your Charisma rises by 1 and Bluff is an Origin Skill for you. Further, you gain shapeshifter II with an equivalent XP value equal to 40 + your Career Level, but you may only use it to take the form of NPCs from the Rogue Gallery unless the GM says otherwise. He may or may not authorize some Rogue Templates.

Shape Superiority
When you embody someone else, no one could see the difference.
Conditions: Gift of the Shape
Advantage: Your equivalent XP value increases to 50 + your Career Level when you use shapeshifter.
Further, you may embrace your full shapeshifter's nature when you level. You gain the same advantages as the Plant Type, though you don't gain the Type itself. Your starting action dice then decrease by 1 and you gain burden of ages.

Venomous Clutch
You've learned how to use the jungle's vegetation to your advantage.
Conditions: Saurian, level 1 only
Advantage: This feat is identical to Jungle Clutch except you gain a Small Size.
Special: Jungle Clutch is unavailable in the Eberron setting.

Venomous Skirmisher
Your size is only a trick concealing your natural toughness.
Conditions: Venomous Clutch
Advantage: You gain amphibious I and a thick hide 2.

Rend Shifter
You've inherited more than centuries of instincts from your ancestors.
Conditions: The natural attack from your Specie increases to two Claws II natural attacks with the armor-piercing quality. Also, Soldier becomes an Iconic Class for you. Finally, when you're in Berserker's Stance, your Strength increases by 2.

Rend Predator
"OK pussies, you've officially pissed me off. Now get in line for the rampage!"
Conditions: Your natural attacks from Rend Shifter increases to Claws III. Further, they gain the keen 4 and bleed qualities.

Iron Guardian
The Kesh Shaarat cultivates the art of martial prowess and excellence deep inside their dark caverns.
Conditions: Hobgoblin, level 1 only
Advantage: You gain darkvision I and a thick hide 2. Further, Soldier is an Iconic Class for you.

Guardian of Legends
The Kesh Volaar preserves the knowledge of the lost Dhakaan empire.
Advantage: The lowest between your Intelligence and Wisdom rises by 1 and Keeper is an Iconic Class for you. You also gain 2 additional Interests.

Guardian of the Land
The Rukhan Taash fully supports the Lhesh Haruuk in his efforts to build a new hobgobelin empire.
Advantage: The lowest between your Strength and Charisma rises by 1 and Courtier is an Iconic Class for you. You also gain 25 Reputation that must be spent to create or improve a Contact that doesn't count against the maximal number of Prizes you may keep.

Fast Shifter
Your solid legs can carry you at incredible speed.
Advantage: Your land speed increases by 2 squares and Sage is an Iconic Class for you. When you're in Berserker's Stance, your Dexterity rises by 2.

Fast Predator
You're not that fast, it's just that horses can't compete with you.
Conditions: Fast Shifter
Advantage: Your land speed increases by an addition 2 squares. You also gain superior runner I and superior traveler I.

Long-teeth Shifter
You bite everything that comes into your reach.
Advantage: You gain a Bite II natural attack. Also, Assassin is an Iconic Class for you. Finally, when you're in Berserker's Stance, your Strength increases by 2.

Long-teeth Predator
These are not fangs, but daggers!
Conditions: Long-teeth Shifter
Advantage: Your natural attack increases to Bite III. It also gain the grab quality.

Beasthide Shifter
Your skin is so thick even swords cannot pierce it.
Advantage: You gain a thick hide 3. Also, Priest is an Iconic Class for you. Finally, when you're in Berserker's Stance, your Constitution increases by 2.

Beasthide Predator
"That was supposed to hurt?"
Conditions: Beasthide Shifter
Advantage: You gain a thick hide 1 (which increase the previous by 1). Also, you gain Edged Resistance 2.

Shifter's Preservation
Your lycanthrope heritage left you with the ability to instantly heal wounds.
Conditions: Shifter
Advantage: When you're in Berserker's Stance, you gain regeneration 2.

Wall Sentinel
You guard the access between the Demon's Wastes and civilized lands.
Conditions: Orc, level 1 only
Advantage: You gain a thick hide 3. Also, Priest is an Iconic Class for you. Finally, you lose banned actions for Calm checks.

Seals Sentinel
You protect the world of mortals against the horrors of Xoriat.
Conditions: Orc, level 1 only
Advantage: Your Wisdom rises by 1. Also, Mage is an Iconic Class for you. Finally, you lose banned actions for Influence checks.

Tracking Shifter
Your instincts are almost animal.
Advantage: You gain improved sense (hearing, sight, and smell) as well as light sleeper. Also, Keeper is an iconic class for you. Finally, when you're in Berserker's Stance, your Constitution rises by 1.

Tracking Predator
No one knows how, but you can feel them.
Conditions: Tracking Shifter
Advantage: You gain blind sight.

This makes an awful lot of feats. So don't hesitate to critique only a few of them if you don't have the time to read them all. Smiley
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2010, 04:35:44 AM »

Here are the few spells I tried to convert. A lot of useful spells are also available in Spellbound: The Seer but not in Fantasy Craft core rulebook, so buy it if you don't have it already. By the way, in my opinion, the Seer is a great base class for any Eberron mage, so it's a win-win.

WEAPON OF POWER I
Level
: Conversion 2
Casting Time: 1 minute
Distance: Contact
Duration: 10 minutes per Casting Level (dismissible)
Effect: You grant a weapon or 50 ammo a Charm or Essence whose base cost is less than 5 Reputation. The weapon cannot benefit from more Charms or Essences than normal. You can’t cast this spell on natural attacks, extraordinary attacks, or unarmed attacks.

WEAPON OF POWER II
Level
: Conversion 4
Effect: Like Weapon of Power I, but the Charm or Essence may cost up to 15 Reputation.

WEAPON OF POWER III
Level
: Conversion 6
Effect: Like Weapon of Power II, but the Charm or Essence may cost up to 25 Reputation.

STRENGTHEN CONSTRUCT
Level
Casting Time: 1 round
Duration: 1 round per Casting Level
Effect: You transform a Construct into a cast iron war machine. It gains damage reduction 10 and acid and fire defiance. It also receives a +4 magic bonus to Strength and a -4 penalty to Dexterity.

NATURE'S WRATH
Level
: Nature 4
Distance: Local
Area: 4 squares sphere
Saving Throw: Will, half
Effect: You channel the power of nature to smite aberrations. All Undeads and Horrors in the area suffer 1d6 divine damage per Casting Level (maximum 10d6). Folks, Beasts, Spirits, and Outsiders suffer only 1d8 divine damage per 2 Casting Level (maximum 5d8). Other Types are unaffected.

SPIRIT'S STALLION
Level
: Calling 4
Duration: 1 hour per Casting Level
Effect: You call forth your ancestor's spirit into inhabiting your mount. It gains a +6 squares bonus to land Speed, superior runner I, and superior traveler I.

DECAY
Level
: Necromancy 7
Saving Throw: Fortitude, negates
Effect: The touched creature suffers 1 point of Strength and Constitution impairment per 2 Casting Levels.

METAMAGIC ITEM
Level
Duration: 1 round per Casting Level
Effect: Choose a Spellcasting Trick you know. When the touched object is used to cast a spell, it benefits from the trick's effects.

NATURE'S DOMAIN
Level
: Nature 7
Distance: Close
Saving Throw: Fortitude, partial
Effect: The target goes backward in its evolution toward a more primitive state. If it has any Spellcasting rank, it is depleted from all its spell points.
Further, if the target is a Folk, Beast, Spirit, or Outsider, it suffers 1d8 divine damage per 2 Casting Level (maximum 10d8) and loses 1d6 extraordinary attacks or natural spells, if any.
Finally, if the target is an Undead or a Horror, it suffers 1d6 divine damage per Casting Level (maximum 20d6) and loses all its extraordinary attacks and natural spells, if any.
A successful saving throw halves the damage and negates other effects.

TALISMAN OF SKILL I
Level
: Conversion 1
Duration: 10 minutes per Casting Level
Effect: You grant an item the minor Charm: Skill Ranks, with a Level equal to your Casting Level. The item cannot benefit from more Charms or Essences than normal.

TALISMAN OF SKILL II
Level
: Conversion 2
Effect: Like Talisman of Skill I, but the item is granted the major Charm: Greater Skill Ranks.

If you like/dislike any of these, just tell.  Smiley  But I already suspect some of them - including the last two - to be broken.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 09:43:22 AM by aegis » Logged
FunkMonkey
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2010, 03:34:55 PM »

Do you have a single document that you have this stuff written up in? would you be willing to share that? One could certainly create such a document themselves by cutting and pasting.. but it wouldn't reflect your changes.

Thanks.
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2010, 08:58:14 AM »

Do you have a single document that you have this stuff written up in?
Indeed I do, but only in French. I'm translating it bits by bits and since I was asked by PM, I post it here every time I progress.
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2010, 01:51:16 AM »

Quick question.

A friend asked me if the Warforged wouldn't be better emulated as a Construct Folk. This way, he may benefit from Resurrections and be affected by a number of spell that specifically target Folks. What do you think? Is that a good idea or something to avoid (and why)? If I'd go with this, how would it change the Unborn Specie (in terms of point cost, would it change anything)?
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2010, 02:05:59 AM »

There's nothing in the construct type or unborn species banning resurrections.

Blankbeard
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2010, 09:49:26 PM »

These two seem a bit weak to me. 

Skills Feats

Higher Education

You've had access to superior teachings.
Advantage: You gain 2 additional Interests.

Perhaps add a +3 or +5 bonus with Knowledge checks.

Eidetic Memory
You just can't forget what you've seen.
Prerequisite: Level 1 only
Advantage: When you make a Knowledge check, you may re-roll the die but must keep the second result even if it's worse.

How about adding in a free hint:  Once per session, you may request a hint from the GM. If he refuses, you gain 1 bonus action die.
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2010, 11:36:43 PM »

They are indeed a bit weak and almost redundant. I like your suggestions, but maybe they could simply be fused together?
Foghorn
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2010, 11:49:22 PM »

Lightning Reflexes gives +3 to save and roll twice keeping the better for Initiative. Maybe something along the same lines for Knowledge checks is what you're looking for here?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: