Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2014, 06:26:36 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Eberron or Iron Kingdoms for Fantasy Craft?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eberron or Iron Kingdoms for Fantasy Craft?  (Read 12893 times)
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2010, 11:59:19 AM »

I saw that, and let's just say I had the gobber and trollkin right. I should add "as featured in the Adventure Companion" in the doc. Grin
Fastidious Monk
Recruit

There's always a 4.5% margin of error; + or -

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2010, 02:50:11 PM »

Wait?  Where is this IK doc?

Thanks

Coyote0273
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2010, 02:42:40 AM »

The Adventure Companion has a sidebar for a lot of the D&D races and how to build them using the standard Fantasy Craft Origin/Feat combinations. Several of the races (Nyss, Gobber, Trollkin, etc) are included in the sidebar.
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2011, 10:45:27 AM »

Just a quick post to say I am this close to finish the translation and update of the Eberron conversion document. All I still need to do is add a few Rogues and Rogue Templates for the new Species, and rework a Master Class for changeling I don't like anymore. More very soon.
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2011, 05:33:51 AM »

And the new version of the conversion guide is ready!
http://www.le-scriptorium.com/uploads/file/Aides_de_jeu/Mastercraft/eberron_conversion_guide.pdf

It has been fully translated in English (though mistakes are very likely, proofreading welcome), updated with options from the Adventure Companion, and formatted in a similar manner. I will add a few pictures and start replacing the "XX" with actual numbers, but first if anyone can take a look at the document, and particularly at the new Maskmaster master class, I'd be happy to have feedback.

Have fun!
jameswllorimer
Agent

"Alea iacta est" - The die is cast

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2011, 01:03:11 PM »

Looks a very comprehensive conversion; with some very clever uses of the FC rules, as well as some inventive ones of your own. Bravo!

Just a quick point. You have the word "specie" throughout parts of the document; it's spelled "species" in English (one of those one words that's both singular and plural!).

EDIT: You also have many references to page or table XX, of which there are several throughout the document. I think you meant to put individual specific numbers on these!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 01:06:06 PM by jameswllorimer » Logged
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2011, 12:26:00 AM »

Just a quick point. You have the word "specie" throughout parts of the document; it's spelled "species" in English (one of those one words that's both singular and plural!).
Oh, thank you. I didn't know.  Smiley
EDIT: You also have many references to page or table XX, of which there are several throughout the document. I think you meant to put individual specific numbers on these!
As soon as I have a few pictures, yes.
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2011, 11:08:04 AM »

And the illustrated, final version is online. Enjoy!
waterdhavian
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2011, 02:40:59 PM »

Aegis. You're my hero. Awesome work. Great formatting too.

You're now realizing Fantasy Craft's rules makes it easy to play a gelatinous cube with levels in assassin.
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2011, 11:45:07 PM »

I've yet to read through it all, and I dunno how much I'll use, but I gotta give props for the fine work, man. This is good stuff.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
ThatBlastedSamophlange
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2011, 11:05:23 AM »

Hey, been away for a while, and just wanted to say that the Eberron conversion is great!  Thanks for putting it in English, as I was trying to convert it myself.  The downside it was taking a while, the upside, I was learning some French!

But, with it in English, my group noticed something a bit odd.  That playing a half-orc or half-elf, there is only one way to be from a dragonmarked house.  That is by taking the Sorcerer specialty.  Just thought I'd point that out.
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2011, 11:50:51 AM »

Ooooh, good catch. Hum, I can see three solutions here:
- Either you consider Dragonmark Feats as Species Feats with regards to Elf/Orc Blood, which allows you to take Least Dragonmark in exchange for -2 in one attribute.
- You remove the "Level 1 only" condition for Least Dragonmark (that would be my call).
- You create a Wielder Specialty that grants Least Dragonmark as a bonus feat.

I'll correct that one next time I update the thing. Thanks!  Wink
Coyote0273
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2011, 12:36:24 PM »

Ooooh, good catch. Hum, I can see three solutions here:
- Either you consider Dragonmark Feats as Species Feats with regards to Elf/Orc Blood, which allows you to take Least Dragonmark in exchange for -2 in one attribute.
- You remove the "Level 1 only" condition for Least Dragonmark (that would be my call).
- You create a Wielder Specialty that grants Least Dragonmark as a bonus feat.

I'll correct that one next time I update the thing. Thanks!  Wink

As Least Dragonmark in the Eberron book doesn't require you to be level 1, I would agree with the removal of the condition.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: