Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2014, 04:07:38 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  More Upgrades for Guns
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: More Upgrades for Guns  (Read 1334 times)
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 03:33:33 AM »

Fun game world - I like it. Smiley

@paddyfool

your analysis is a bit frightening for me Shocked... I just realized, that the powergamer in our group chose the probably deadliest ranged weapon in the game... I just shouldn't wonder about that. Smiley

Yeah... and the melee equivalent is also pretty powerful (knives, which pull off the same tricks with less feats and less financial investment in ammo).  On the whole, though, I'd be suspicious of anything which a powergamer picks.

EDIT: On redoing the numbers analysis above with reference to the actual rulebooks, I do become increasingly tempted to suggest a homebrew bow nerf or two.  (Bows and arrows can only penetrate armour at point blank range in real life, for instance, so halving their AP outside close quarters would be fair; nerfing base arrow - but not bolt - damage or the boost from the Deadshot stance is also tempting, but I wouldn't want to go too far).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 03:49:17 AM by paddyfool » Logged
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 03:47:05 AM »

Red Sun.
Charles Bosnin, Toshiro Mifune, Ursula Andress.
Cowboys and Samurai in the old west.
Pure Win.

Pure CONCENTRATED Win.

Imagine Toshiro Mifune and Chales Bronsin sizing each other up for who has more testosterone... The language barrier is non-existent with you get down to that level of primal caveman-like posturing.

That, and people forget that samurai were generally trained cavalrymen.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 04:24:35 AM »

It's a very interesting film.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: