Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 11:02:51 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Playing around with shapeshifting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Playing around with shapeshifting  (Read 622 times)
Medwyn
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 10:20:42 PM »

Here are the feats I use for my campaign. It is based upon Morg's Dryad feats and makes use of SilverCatMoonPaw's Animal species.

Therianthrope Heritage
You have a little animal inside of you, just waiting to free itself.
Prerequisites: Level 1 only.
Benefit: Choose one Animal based Species. You may take the Transform actions to change form between an Animal and your normal form. You have a single vitality point score but separate wound totals for your Animal and normal forms and each heals at the normal rate simultaneously. While in Animal form replace your normal Origin with the Animal Origin and vice versa (removing all attribute modifiers and features of one Species, then applying them from the other species). This may cause you to no longer meet the requirements for some of your feats and/or classes if so, you may not use those feat benefits or class abilities of until you return to the for in which you qualify for them. You may select character options as both an Animal and your normal Species and using your attributes from either form.
Transformation(5 round Action): You may transform between your chosen animal form and your normal form. You become slowed for 5 rounds while you are transforming. When you are no longer Slowed you inflict 30 stress damage upon yourself. If you fail the associated Will save you become Enraged in your animal form instead of becoming Shaken.
You normally return to your normal form at the end of the current scene, however, you may take the Transformation Action, as long as you are not enraged to attempt to change back.
Special: You also involuntarily take the Transformation Action whenever you suffer fail a save for stress damage suffer or wound damage in your Normal form. Finally, you may lower one of your attributes by 2 to take an additional species feat with a prerequisite of 'Level 1 only' and either 'Animal' or your normal species.

Therianthrope Legacy
You have better control of that little animal in you.
Prerequisites: Therianthrope Heritage
Benefit: When taking the Transformation Action you only suffer 20 Stress Damage. Also, you gain Fast Healer Quality, and when you take your Animal form you may become more humanoid and lose the Beast type.

Animalheart
You and that little animal in you play along just nicely.
Prerequisites: Therianthrope Heritage
Benefit: You may take the Transformation action as full actions and you may spend an Action Dice to stop a Transformation Action. However you still suffer the Stress Damage, but remain in your Normal form.
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 10:23:50 AM »

One little nit-pick: the naming convention is off. It should be "Supremacy" or at least come after "T" in the alphabet.

Otherwise, I like it.

Blankbeard
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 03:53:32 PM »

Here is what I believe is the last version of those animal species.  There are more in the rest of the thread.

Looks good Medwyn.  I like using the species but I'm not a big fan of rebuilding your character although you are really only doing it when you level.  I think it's possibly confusing to have two separate versions of your character with slightly different skill bonuses.

What if you took the animal species first and had a were specialty that granted a version of Therianthrope Heritage? 

Were-Creature
When the moon comes out, you're like a whole different person - well, lifeform.
Requirements: Animal Species
Bonus Feat: Therianthrope Heritage (2.0)
Animal Empathy: the Disposition of non-adversary animals increase by 5 (1.0)
Camouflage: Choose a terrain appropriate to your species. You gain +5 gear bonus with Blend checks while in that terrain. (2.0)
Push it to the Limit: You take exactly 1 point per die when suffering subdual damge from any Athletics/Push Limit check (no roll is required). (1.0)
Trackless Step: the DCs of tracking checks to follow your trail increase by 10. (1.0)

Therianthrope Heritage
Requirements: Any Animal Species, Level one only
Benefit: You have two forms: an Animal form and a Folk form.  You may change between forms using the Transform action, regaining wounds equal to your starting action dice once per scene.  While in your Animal form, your abilities are set by your species.  While in your Folk form, you lose the beast type if you have it and may increase the disposition of any Folk by 5 once per scene but you may not use any of the following granted by your species:
  • Natural Attacks
  • Any movement.  You may move at a base speed of 30.
  • Any enhanced senses.
  • Thick Hide

The rest being identical to what Medwyn posted.  If you don't mind keeping track of two sets of wounds, use Medwyn's method instead of mine.  I think it still works without taking the specialty but hopefully it makes it a bit easier to play one of these.
Big_Jim
Handler

An integral part of any plan for world domination.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 08:35:24 PM »

I haven't had much to say lately, due to moving my business over the last few weeks (and continuing for a week or so more). Anyway, here's what I did with shapeshifters (in a druid style base class) - maybe it can be pillaged for useful stuff. It uses both of Morg's Astral magic and Formshifting mechanics. Also, the creature forms and spell lists aren't done yet. If anybody wants to fill those out, feel free to help out.

Here's the Wildshaper base class: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8FCrAZcFJJDNFpVWGpmU000MUk/edit?usp=sharing
samsimilian
Operative

Do or do not... there is no try

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 04:15:21 AM »

I haven't had much to say lately, due to moving my business over the last few weeks (and continuing for a week or so more). Anyway, here's what I did with shapeshifters (in a druid style base class) - maybe it can be pillaged for useful stuff. It uses both of Morg's Astral magic and Formshifting mechanics. Also, the creature forms and spell lists aren't done yet. If anybody wants to fill those out, feel free to help out.

Here's the Wildshaper base class: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8FCrAZcFJJDNFpVWGpmU000MUk/edit?usp=sharing

OMG! WOW! Great Work

I tremendously enjoy this thread

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: