Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 07:05:56 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Middle Earth PbP (Out of Character)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Middle Earth PbP (Out of Character)  (Read 44588 times)
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 02:43:12 PM »

Bill - Gorbo should bear in mind that the Sackville-Bagginses are a branch of the Baggins family, and have a well-deserved reputation for selfishness, treachery and general mean-spiritedness.

It's no secret that they hate Bilbo Baggins, and Lobellia Sackville-Baggins would do almost anything to get her mitts on Bag-End. She even stole some of Bilbo's silver spoons the last time she was there...

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 08:45:09 PM »

Everything should be fixed now.

It doesn't change the text too much.  I just removed the reference to the family superiority and made it a reference to the weed.  Gorbo is a connoisseur of weed and each has its own merits.  I also dropped the stuttering over Bilbo's name.  The core of the statements and questions still remain.

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 09:56:05 AM »

Wolverine and Foproy - are Erkenwulf and Dren up to anything?

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 12:18:16 PM »

standing silent listening to the story.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 01:31:09 PM »

Ok, who is riding a mount and who is riding the cart? It has a ground speed of 5mph, and the journey is well over 300 miles. If anyone really wants to walk then it'll slow the journey substantially.

Girlfriday
Operative

Proud owner of 2 beautiful sons.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 01:48:30 PM »

Bella is riding in the cart.

Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2009, 04:17:44 PM »

I'm assuming Erkenwulf is riding his horse, and unless I've missed something I'm the only one of the rest who has ranks in ride (but not the focus :/) so I guess I'll take the reins of the cart.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 04:41:00 PM »

I will alternate riding in the cart and walking depending on terrain.  With Pathfinder Basics for both plains and forest/jungle, my travel speed is 5 mph through those terrains.  Also, I am assuming light hills is covered by plains (or forest/jungle if wooded).  It seems a closer match than caverns/mountains.

Whenever we stop at a village or town, I'll ask around and see if anyone knows if Saradoc and company came through the area and if they have any other news about him.

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
ahzad
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 05:09:10 PM »

I'll follow Bill's example of alternating between walking/riding, wanting to be off the cart in areas that look prime for ambushes or tight/busy in terms of the terrain, as long as I don't slow the party down to much with my slow but steady speed.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - A. Einstein
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 09:53:20 PM »

i will ride in the cart.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2009, 12:47:33 AM »

Sorry folks, I've been stuck in an unexpectantly busy weekend. Erkenwulf will indeed be riding his horse.

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2009, 02:29:14 AM »

No worrries Wolverine.

Folks, please indicate on the IC thread the state of readiness of your weapons.

ahzad
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 02:35:49 PM »

I'm kinda of figuring the broad axe to be a weapon that's easily half the size of my dwarf, please correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways it's typically used as a walking stick with the head end being the handle, or cradled in his arms at the ready kind of like you would do with a shotgun when out and about in the wilderness, or slung across his back if he's in an urban environment.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - A. Einstein
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2009, 02:52:37 PM »

I'm kinda of figuring the broad axe to be a weapon that's easily half the size of my dwarf, please correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways it's typically used as a walking stick with the head end being the handle...

Do you mean something like this?

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2009, 11:37:52 AM »

It's fairly obvious who the grey traveller is - Bella and Gorbo will certainly have a good idea who he is, what with his reputation in the Shire. If anyone else wants to know of him in-character, feel free, as long as it is good for the story.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: