Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2014, 07:15:59 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  [FantasyCraft] New Species Feats.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [FantasyCraft] New Species Feats.  (Read 645 times)
SilvercatMoonpaw
Control

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2009, 09:08:28 AM »

I have some Species feats I'd like to get peoples' opinions on.  While they are designed for one homebrewed species I think their effects are generic enough that they could be used in other contexts without change.

The concept is of a species descended from shapeshifters no longer possessing that ability but frequently subject to mutations during gestation, resulting often in animal-like traits.  Mechanically they replace humans, using human Talents to determine their base stats, and are the only species allowed as player characters.

Nocturnal:
You are well adapted for the night.
Pre: Level 1 only.
Benefit: You gain low-light vision and light sensitive, and a +2 bonus to Sneak.  In addition your hearing range increments are equal to your Wis score x10 ft, and you may always act during a surprise round unless deafened.

Amphibious:
You are as at home in water as you are on land.
Benefit: You gain a swim speed of 40 ft and the aquatic I quality.

Arboreal:
Branches are as good as ground to you.
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus with Climb checks and are always considered to have climber’s gear.  Also your Jump distances are doubled and not limited by height.

Miniature:
You never quite managed to grow up.
Pre: Level I only.
Benefit: You are Small size, and you gain a +5 bonus on Conceal Action checks and your Dexterity rises by 1.
Special: When you take this feat you may reduce any of your attributes by 2 to gain an additional Species feat with the requirement “Level 1 only”.  You may take this reduction only once.

Snake Tail:
Your lower half is that of a serpent.
Benefit: You have a tail instead of legs and gain improved stability[/b] and tail slap II, and a +5 bonus to Swim checks.  You may not make Climb or Extend Jump checks.
Special: When you take this feat you may reduce any of your attributes by 2 to gain an additional Species feat with the requirement “Level 1 only”.  You may take this reduction only once.

Four-Legged:
Your lower body is that of a four-legged animal.
Benefit: You have a quadruped lower body and gain improved stability[/b] and kick II, and your ground speed increases by 10 ft.  You may not make Break Fall or Tumble checks.

Ancient Blood:
Your true shapeshifting ancestry has broken through.
Pre: Any two Species feats.
Benefit: For yourself only you may ignore Species penalties to Disguise checks and are always considered to have actor’s props when making Disguise checks.  Also, you may temporarily gain chameleon I as a 1 minutes action, matching the surrounding terrain.  This camouflage is lost when you sleep or replace it with a new terrain.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: