Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 10:59:16 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Customer Service
| | |-+  What Is Mater Craft ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Is Mater Craft ?  (Read 983 times)
ChenSun
Recruit

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2009, 01:46:09 AM »

Hello forum friends.  I was just listening to the podcast for Fantasy Craft (I want to buy a copy asap)  I heard a lot of talk about the master craft mechanic.  My question is this.  Is there a Master Craft book out or coming out, or is master craft explained in the new fantasy craft book. I'm a little lost here.  I ask this because my main game of choice is still Spycraft 2.0, so I wanted to know if Fantasy Craft explains how to apply the new streamlined rules to Spycraft 2.0.  I hope I made sense (its kinda late here and I'm falling a sleep) lol Shocked
Morganti
Handler

Endless Eternity, Eternally Endless.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 01:51:46 AM »

Mastercraft, is the Spycraft 2.0 engine, tuned to be faster, lighter, and easier to digest.  Its also designed to empower the GM by having less rigidly defined rules in some areas, which reduces overhead, and smooths over the learning curve.  A Great example of this, is skill synergy.  In 2.0 its a cross referenced table, in Fantasycraft, its a sidebar about how to apply them.
There are some more details here http://www.crafty-games.com/node/860

~Do you think its possible that someone else is doing this very same thing at this very same moment?~
~D~
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 01:54:48 AM »

Welcome to the Forum.  MasterCraft is the system that FantasyCraft uses.  Much like DnD uses d20, or World of Darkness uses d10 / Storyteller system.  

It just means all the rules in the book are part of one big happy interactive family, and when more products come out using the system you'll be able to mix and match to make your favourite game [such as combining 10,000 Bullets and Fantasycraft to make a gritty street fantasy game, set in modern times].
ChenSun
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 02:48:27 AM »

Thnx Morganti & Turnip666...  I like how fast the response is on this forum.  It's people like you 2  That make this forum is one of the best.....

I'm glad that that Fantsy Craft and future games will be using the same system as Spycraft 2.0.  I think that the Mater craft system is awesome!!!! 

Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 03:31:58 AM »

I will point out that while it's mostly the same as the SC2.0 system, there are some slight tweaks here and there. Mostly, it's been streamlined, with a lot of rules trimmed down for more streamlined play. However, if you have the SC2.0 book, it's fairly easy to port over any of the rules there that you liked to Mastercraft, or take a look at Fantasycraft and see what's different and make the same changes back to SC2.0 for your home games.
As of right now, Crafty Games plans on supporting both systems, with anything that should be stand-alone being Mastercraft, but things that are obviously Spycraft supplements still using the SC2.0 rules. Some things may have some crossover potential, and will be dealt with on a case by case basis (the rest of Spellbound, for example, is being released in PDF as SC2.0 the whole way, but will see print compiled and converted to Mastercraft). You can be confident that people on these forums will convert pretty much anything Crafty releases to the other system within a few weeks (their results should end up on the Wiki, but that can get neglected sometimes. The Liscense to Improvise forum is your friend).

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
ChenSun
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 02:04:36 AM »

I will point out that while it's mostly the same as the SC2.0 system, there are some slight tweaks here and there. Mostly, it's been streamlined, with a lot of rules trimmed down for more streamlined play. However, if you have the SC2.0 book, it's fairly easy to port over any of the rules there that you liked to Mastercraft, or take a look at Fantasycraft and see what's different and make the same changes back to SC2.0 for your home games.
As of right now, Crafty Games plans on supporting both systems, with anything that should be stand-alone being Mastercraft, but things that are obviously Spycraft supplements still using the SC2.0 rules. Some things may have some crossover potential, and will be dealt with on a case by case basis (the rest of Spellbound, for example, is being released in PDF as SC2.0 the whole way, but will see print compiled and converted to Mastercraft). You can be confident that people on these forums will convert pretty much anything Crafty releases to the other system within a few weeks (their results should end up on the Wiki, but that can get neglected sometimes. The Liscense to Improvise forum is your friend).
WOW the more I hear about the streamlined mastercraft system and the Fantasy Craft book, the more I want to get this thing asap.  I can't wait to go through the book and see what changes were made.  I know Spycraft 2.0 & Fantasy Craft are gonna give me a lot to work with to mix and match my games.  I can't wait!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: