Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 07:06:04 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Powered by Products
| | |-+  [Seraphim Guard] Jane Austen's Tales of Terror
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Seraphim Guard] Jane Austen's Tales of Terror  (Read 12474 times)
cjh
Powered By Publisher
Recruit

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2009, 08:27:38 PM »

Hey, all, my name is Chris Helton and I am the Creative Director for Seraphim Guard Games. By now you've probably seen our logo up on the Powered By Partners page, so I thought that I would take a moment to say hello and name-drop our first Powered by FantasyCraft setting.

Jane Austen's Tales of Terror: Imagine if Buffy the Vampire Slayer had been a Merchant/Ivory production.

This setting is still in very early development, so at this point you know as much as I do. Smiley Well, ok, maybe I know a little more but that's still not saying much.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 08:58:14 PM »

So, so awesome. Smiley

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
cjh
Powered By Publisher
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 09:10:58 PM »

So, so awesome. Smiley

That is my hope. Smiley If nothing else it will be fun. I'm a big fan of the old-style gonzo type of gaming and I want to build a setting that will encourage that.
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 09:18:48 AM »

That sounds awesome!

Then again, I was just watching Sherlock Holmes & The Master Blackmailer, with the late great Jeremy Brett as Holmes, last night!

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
cjh
Powered By Publisher
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 09:21:04 AM »

That sounds awesome!

Then again, I was just watching Sherlock Holmes & The Master Blackmailer, with the late great Jeremy Brett as Holmes, last night!

Well, you are off by a few years, Austen wrote during the Regency so this isn't going to be a Victorian-era setting.

Jeremy Brett was a great Sherlock Holmes though. Smiley
Desertpuma
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 09:25:02 AM »

Maybe not but the guidelines of etiquette were not far removed either. The air of the setting is not vastly different, maybe a bit more romantic with less science.

Crusader Citadel

Crafty For Life!
cjh
Powered By Publisher
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 09:51:34 AM »

Maybe not but the guidelines of etiquette were not far removed either. The air of the setting is not vastly different, maybe a bit more romantic with less science.

A lot less science, much less emphasis on city life as well.

Besides Austen's writings, the other major influences on this setting are going to be the works of the Bronte sisters, the Romantic poets, and to a degree Gothic writers like Walpole and Lewis. Hardy might make a walk through as well.

London, I think, has been done as a setting for RPGs. I think it is time to look into the shadows cast by other places.
Desertpuma
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 10:00:23 AM »

London is a great city for it. The only other European cities I can think of would be Vienna or Paris or Berlin

Crusader Citadel

Crafty For Life!
cjh
Powered By Publisher
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 10:15:43 AM »

London is a great city for it. The only other European cities I can think of would be Vienna or Paris or Berlin

This isn't going to be a setting about the city. Any city, really.
Desertpuma
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 10:26:47 AM »

I love general worldwide settings because you can set them anywhere.

As for the Sherlock Holmes, NetFlix made all of them available to watch instantly on your computer.

Crusader Citadel

Crafty For Life!
cjh