Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 27, 2014, 11:44:04 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Powered by Products
| | |-+  [Natural Twenty Games] Realms of Eldrath development thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Natural Twenty Games] Realms of Eldrath development thread  (Read 4044 times)
naturaltwenty
Recruit

Making games fun...or else!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 04, 2009, 04:40:11 PM »

As of late I've been busy with the day-to-day job but this weekend I got my Windows 7 RC system loaded and started adding programs - primarily Campaign Cartographer - The Realms of Eldrath is definitely going for an emulation of the older style of game worlds (Greyhawk and the first Forgotten Realms boxed sets) so I started with a standard b&w map and am working my way up.

A demo of the map -

Greg Volz
Natural Twenty Games
www.naturaltwenty.com
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 08:30:49 PM »

Sweet!

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 02:11:13 PM »

Looks good!

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 03:54:22 PM »

I got my Windows 7 RC system loaded and started adding programs - primarily Campaign Cartographer

That took some balls. CC isn't exactly renown for easy compatibility with new operating systems. Tongue

Walter
Psion
Control

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 07:42:20 PM »

I got my Windows 7 RC system loaded and started adding programs - primarily Campaign Cartographer

That took some balls. CC isn't exactly renown for easy compatibility with new operating systems. Tongue

Tell me about it. (wince)

Moving my CC setup to vista was never fully successful.

The Secret Volcano Base: my RPG blog currently discussing Fantasy Craft and Freeport!
naturaltwenty
Recruit

Making games fun...or else!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 08:35:31 PM »

[tangent] Truth be told it's been a very good experience.  My only issue is that I can't "upgrade" the RC to a OEM version, i.e. I'll have to re-install once the true release is out [/tangent]

As for the map - it's my second attempt at a map and so far I'm pleased.  I am learning the app as I go but the youtube tutorials and pdf mapping guides released with the Annual subscriptions have made the curve more bearable.

Later

Walter
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:39:49 PM by naturaltwenty » Logged

Greg Volz
Natural Twenty Games
www.naturaltwenty.com
trechriron