Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 12:56:38 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft Third Edition
| | |-+  Bailey Records to Produce Spycraft and Fantasy Craft Soundtracks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bailey Records to Produce Spycraft and Fantasy Craft Soundtracks  (Read 3538 times)
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

We have all the time in the world.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 23, 2009, 07:29:01 PM »

Grove City, OH, September 22, 2009 – Bailey Records and Crafty Games today announce the release of ‘Sydney,’ the first single from the forthcoming SPYCRAFT – THE SOUNDTRACK by Stratos.

“Hot on the heels of our Tenth Anniversary, I’m pleased to announce a new licensing agreement with Crafty Games that will allow Bailey Records to release companion music for Spycraft and Fantasy Craft,” said Bryan Borgman, Bailey Records’ owner and primary song composer also known as Stratos. “At this time we’re not announcing any specific release dates for either full-length compact disc; however we are excited to say we will be releasing new songs regularly for both albums through our digital download storefront at DriveThruRPG/RPGNow.com.”

‘Sydney’ is the first single from Spycraft – The Soundtrack. Inspired by the television show ALIAS, ‘Sydney’ was recorded, engineered, and produced by Stratos on February 27 - March 1, 2002 and updated and remastered and in early September 2009 for this new release.

Spycraft – The Soundtrack will feature music styles inspired by the Bond and Bourne movies, Mission Impossible and Alias series, and more. Spycraft – The Soundtrack is part of the Universe87 catalog (cyberpunk / espionage / post-apoc / modern music) from Bailey Records Composition and Sound Design. Additional Universe87 catalog releases include Autumnal Slumber (Bailey Records, April 1, 2003), Warlands – The Soundtrack (Bailey Records, April 21, 2009) and others.

‘Sydney’ is now available for digital download exclusively at DriveThruRPG.com for only $0.99.

About CRAFTY GAMES
Crafty Games, LLC was founded in 2005 by the creative team behind the popular Spycraft, Stargate SG-1, and Spycraft 2.0 roleplaying games, and offers an array of critically acclaimed products in print and PDF. Its reputation for high-quality, engaging games has earned nominations for multiple EN World ("ENnie") fan awards and the prestigious Diana Jones Award for Excellence in Gaming. Crafty Games' newest project, Fantasy Craft, is available now. Find out more at www.crafty-games.com

About BAILEY RECORDS
Bailey Records is a two-time award-nominated record label and composition house of roleplaying and miniatures game soundtracks, comic book soundtracks, independent film scores, and home to several recording artists. Known for its diverse catalog of licensed titles and music for any genre and setting, Bailey Records has published some of the most successful and popular companion soundtracks in the tabletop game industry including: Aberrant’s REZOLUTION & WARLANDS, Big Finger’s MECHA VS KAIJU, Mongoose Publishing’s CYBERNET, Pulp Monster’s PULP CITY, and White Silver’s THE CHRONICLES OF RAMLAR. Learn more at www.baileyrecords.com

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 07:35:18 PM »

Want to hear it first? No problem...

Acid Planet

Myspace
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 07:39:44 PM by Crafty_Pat » Logged

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 07:51:46 PM »

Next stop... Spycraft Cereal?  Bloody good show!  Can't wait to hear more.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 08:05:04 PM »

World Domination - it's a marathon, not a sprint. Wink

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Pheonyx
Agent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 08:46:49 PM »

I heard the preview and bought the song.

Is there a release date for the whole album? I would love to add these songs to my Operation: Pheonyx 2 spy/espionage themed show I am planning for The Cape Radio.

Ashes to ashes,
Pheonyx

Official Spycraft Agent #001
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 08:53:28 PM »

Is there a release date for the whole album?

As mentioned above, no release dates for the album yet. You'll see single tracks first and the schedule on those is up to Stratos.

If you like what you hear, though, definitely let him know - I'm sure he'd love the feedback!

I would love to add these songs to my Operation: Pheonyx 2 spy/espionage themed show I am planning for The Cape Radio.

Definitely something to bring up with him directly, as he holds the copyright.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Pheonyx
Agent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 11:36:43 AM »

Will do that.

One little note: RPGNow is selling the MP3 for $.89, and I figured, "Cool... I get some good music ten cents cheaper".
HOWEVER... it seems that when RPGNow sells anything under $.99, they charge a $.35 "Undercharge Fee", so that song actually cost me $1.24, not $.99

Just a heads up for people to actually wait until it's actually listed as $.99 before purchasing.

Ashes to ashes,
Pheonyx

Official Spycraft Agent #001
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 11:46:19 AM »

The song was good but I'll wait for the whole album

Living Spycraft Masterm
samsimilian
Operative

Do or do not... there is no try

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 11:50:11 AM »

Will do that.

One little note: RPGNow is selling the MP3 for $.89, and I figured, "Cool... I get some good music ten cents cheaper".
HOWEVER... it seems that when RPGNow sells anything under $.99, they charge a $.35 "Undercharge Fee", so that song actually cost me $1.24, not $.99

Just a heads up for people to actually wait until it's actually listed as $.99 before purchasing.

Ashes to ashes,
Pheonyx

simply buy an account deposit. they start at 5 dollars Wink

Stratos
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 11:59:33 AM »

Will do that.

Ashes to ashes,
Pheonyx

Wow!  Really?  I had no idea!  Sorry about that.  I thought I was helping out and not making it worse.  The song will be $0.99 on Tuesday.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and for listening/buying!
ThunderMonkey
Control

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 12:38:29 PM »

Good track.

I'll be purchasing this when I get home some time after midnight (eck).

Stratos, with songs inspired by Bond films, are they going to be the more modern ones, or the ones with a bit of Jazz to it?

I still dig the Bond music from the earlier films.

Work done by an officer's doppleganger in a parallel universe cannot be claimed as overtime.
Stratos
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 01:06:16 PM »

Good track.

Stratos, with songs inspired by Bond films, are they going to be the more modern ones, or the ones with a bit of Jazz to it?

John Barry's earlier Bond work.  Jazzy.  With modern stuff, like this one, too.
ThunderMonkey
Control

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 01:30:31 PM »

Good track.

John Barry's earlier Bond work.  Jazzy.  With modern stuff, like this one, too.

You will become my new hero.

Work done by an officer's doppleganger in a parallel universe cannot be claimed as overtime.
Salsa
Agent

Why? Just Cause...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 01:40:32 PM »

I bought it on DrivethruRPG cause I had some cash there from the affiliation program. Nice work, will it be divided per situation, like combat music, briefing, montage, lounge, etc?

"Colonel: Why not? This is a type of role-playing game. The point is that you play out your part -- and I expect you to turn in a perfect performance!"
— Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.
Stratos
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 02:42:30 PM »

I bought it on DrivethruRPG cause I had some cash there from the affiliation program. Nice work, will it be divided per situation, like combat music, briefing, montage, lounge, etc?

Typically - unless otherwise directed - I try to write an album as if it were the linear score to an actual film.  So, it would have an intro track and a closer with action tracks, slower tunes, and a definite climax.  Themes are developed and reprised throughout (like a familiar character theme (Vader's March for example).

Sometimes I'm directed by the publisher to include specific things like locations, etc.  That's not the case with this project so I'll likely write as mentioned above.

However, if there are specific things people would like to hear... chime in!  It's better for everyone if this album appeals to the widest audience possible.  Worst thing would be that I make a soundtrack for your favorite game and you don't use the soundtrack because it doesn't work for how you play the game.

Keep in mind... I'm a gamer/GM too!!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: