Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 09:32:49 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  A 'Scene'....?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A 'Scene'....?  (Read 2420 times)
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 05:58:47 PM »

Or a TV season could a major story arc while several seasons could be the campaign. I always figured it depending upon whether or not it is episodic or serial. Many quality shows nowadays are serial shows which evolve over the course of the seasons and periodically they might have a standalone episode as a one-off involving someone special or a special circumstance.

Episodic TV maybe more what you are referring to here as well.

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
mach1.9pants
Operative

Supersonic Underwear!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 07:52:21 PM »

Yeah my normal way of looking at it a campaign would be several linked seasons. From 1st to 20th/30th/boredom of the campaign (or, more correctly, desire to play different rules Wink)

Gloria Finis
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 08:12:50 PM »

I like using Babylon 5 as an example - each season had one or two major plot arcs, as well as several smaller arcs. The *Bam!* episode at the end of a season would also kick in the new arc(s). (I missed the *Bam!* episode at the end of Season1 - I came back and Sinclair was gone, Delenn(sp?) was in a cocoon, Geribaldi was in the hospital, the president had been assassinated, and Ivanova was in a cast! I only missed a couple of episodes!  Shocked Tongue )

The Auld Grump

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
Gentry