Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 03:48:06 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Sapphire City: Scene 2 - The Places to be Seen
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sapphire City: Scene 2 - The Places to be Seen  (Read 10784 times)
Dr Yes
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2007, 08:30:31 AM »

Ken manages to convince the event security that if they stay back he can get Richard out without causing a fuss or damaging the vehicle.  They move back to a discreet distance and indicate that Ken has until the locksmith arrives.  They also indicate they want the stolen wallet and they want Richard taken straight outside.

Taking advantage of the fact that the security has moved back (and he has a spark plug), Ken then manages to convince Richard to pass the stolen wallet out after lowering the window a crack.  This is good enought to help defuse matters somewhat, and it is then easy for Ken to convince Ricahrd that now is a good time to leave without being bashed senseless by the security guards.

Having helped a rather relieved Richard get safely outside, Ken gets a phone number he can contact him on about better paying future work.  In his most sensible course of action all night, Richard leaves the event and heads home.

Upon returning Ken has a brief chat with one of the senior event security staff.

Quote from: PE Corporate Security
My thanks sir, that was well handled and certainly got my staff out of an akward situation.  I'm trying to get more of my staff to understand the importance of communicative conflict resolution, but to be honest I think they prefer to hit things.

My name is Steven Howard, I'm an event security co-ordinator with Pheonyx Engines.  If I can assist you with anything tonight please let me know.

GC Note: Although I'm not sure you would have been able to remove the spark plug without tools, I thought it was a good idea. So I've allowed it and awarded a bonus action dice.

Last PbP Game: Sapphire City
NezMaster
Handler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2007, 11:23:48 PM »

At the very least I could have pulled a wire. I used to work in a garage (as clean up, not mechanic) and it's the first thing that occured to me as the fast means of disabling a car. I'm pretty sure with enough force you can pull them, though there is some risk of shock, and it's not the greatest idea in the world long term car life wise.

To Steven Howard: "Not tonight, but I have friends who sometimes hire security for different things. Maybe I'll call on you for a discount sometime. Tonight seems well in hand I guess. For now at least.

90% of all statistics are wrong.
Bubbalin
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2007, 09:26:13 AM »

OOC: Sorry, obscenely busy.

Reese chats for a while with Kerry and leaves her a number, not really because she wants the work, but it might be a great opportunity to find some dirt on people.

After that, she mingles a little, looking for people of influence who she could approach. If she sees Kim Lloyd on his own, she will attempt to approach him and strike up a conversation.
NezMaster
Handler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2007, 11:21:45 PM »

Let's see at the party I've managed to
Recruit Trevor
Gain a favor from a security agency
Recruit a waiter/spy
Sell some car services
Get Ken noticed in the car circuit, helping to legitimate his cover.

Not a bad nights work. Time to go home and get cracking on this computer theft..

90% of all statistics are wrong.
Dr Yes
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2007, 07:27:15 AM »

Ken (Swain) calls it a night, he has the feeling their will be plenty more parties in Sapphire City to attend later.
Tony Wilson and Eric Harvel of 'Silver Shield Charter Service' thank him for his time before he goes.

Quote from: Tony
Nice work Ken hope you had a good evening, we got quite a few enquiries which sound hopeful.  Here's 150 dollars as a little bonus for your good work, and that business card has contact numbers for both of us.

Hang onto the jacket as well, if your interested we may get you to help us out here and there in the future.  One of the ladies who came over seemed quite taken with you - she may be after a little personal chauffeuring if you catch my drift.

Yes you have got a lot done in one night, doing too much more would have been stretching credibility I think.  You have made a lot of good progress though - I think after a little bit more action from everyone I'll reset all the "per-mission" limits and hand out some xp.

Dr Yes
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2007, 07:45:50 AM »

Reese mingles around the crowd a little more as the evening goes on.

The cadet simulation is in the latter stages and Robert has not done well.  Reese sees him slip out he back of the event premises, after stopping by the bar to grab a few glasses of red wine.

Kim Lloyd seems entrenched near the bar with Scarlett's father, both drinking heavily and talking to each other with a level of understanding and compassion that only two drunk men can have.  Reese passes close enough by to get a snippet of their discussion.

Quote from: Scarlett's father
I mean me and the lads at Pilton construction, built this city - literally.  And now that most the work is done and they have no use for us we are meant to just move on out.  And my wife would never have got her fancy job in this town if she didn't get my help to set up when I was a mover and shaker.  Now that she's big time and I'm yesterdays news I'm supposed to be grateful to her? For crying out loud.  Hows a man supposed to feel when his career evaporates and he knows his wife is shagging his daughter's boyfrieds and god knows who else? She's like this whole city Kim - now that I've served my purpose to them I supposed to just roll out of the way.

Bubbalin
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2007, 10:39:04 AM »

OOC: Sorry, still around. I'll post something here, but if we want to move on, then just say so.

Stopping in her tracks within their sight, Reese bends over as if to adjust the strap of her shoe, taking her time and waiting for them to give her an opening.

OOC: Reese will try and engage them in conversation, using Scarlett's dad's desire for revenge to try and get him to spill his guts about his wife.

If that doesn't work, and they seem worth it, Reese might invite them for a menage a trois. Not that she intends to follow through, but if she can get them drunk enough, she will attempt to capture the two of them together in bed as a blackmail scam.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: