Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 11:44:20 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Darkest Hour - PbP (Announcement & Game Admin)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darkest Hour - PbP (Announcement & Game Admin)  (Read 10383 times)
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2009, 10:02:15 AM »

It appears my computer problems have gone away, based on 30 minutes of rock-solid performance (I'm optimistic; what can I say?). I just moved from a hotel to a boardinghouse. I'm going with the theory the power was buggy in the (cheap, Army) hotel; the alternative being something is loose in my laptop and the moving jostled it into place.

The damned thing was almost unusable before, and all based on mouse performance (which, in these post-DOS days, is central to personal computing). The mouse would randomly move and act like the left mouse button was being clicked or held down. Reading email or the forums was possible, though an exercise in frustration. However, when attempting to write either the cursor would relocate, text would randomly highlight (and then be deleted by continued typing), the window would be closed, etc.

Anyway, enough ranting -- on to playing!

Walter

(Cross-posted to the Runelords and Darkest Hour PbP games.)
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2009, 12:47:54 PM »

Sorry for the delay, folks. The first (RE: overseas move) was anticipated, though I had hoped in vain it wouldn't interfere; the second (RE: computer issues) was unforeseen.

I should be in the same location for the next month at a minimum, and it appears my computer woes are gone, so there should be no further delays (say a quick prayer to St. Gates).

Next post is due at 1700 Zulu on 20091006. Tongue

Walter
spinningdice
Control

The power of the Dice compels you!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2009, 12:04:20 PM »

I know MugMug's kinda distracted, but it's been over a week with no posts.
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2009, 08:33:13 PM »

i am in wait and see for that, has he posted at all?

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2009, 02:12:41 PM »

I just spent a month without a computer... unintentionally. My "intermittent internet connectivity problems" which were "solved by my move from one hotel to another" were actually foreshadowing doom. Turns out those were cries for help from a laptop deciding life just wasn't worth living anymore.

I don't really consider my work computer a "computer" in the same sense as a personal machine. That whole use being monitored thing -- and particularly the blocking of (e.g.) the Crafty Games site -- make that the methadone to my sweet, sweet computer heroin.

On the plus(?) side, since I needed a new laptop anyway I went ahead and made the jump to the Apple cult. Yay me -- new, aesthetically pleasing, and more importantly functional laptop. I have also, with the help of a German-English dictionary and a quarter bottle of Scotch, managed to get the internet working in my new (and, finally, permanent for my tour here) residence.

So, please accept my apologies if I dropped out in the middle of a conversation (or, say, a PbP game I happened to be running -- sorry guys! Embarrassed). It's good to be back.

Walter

[Cross-posted to Off-Topic and Agent Transmissions.]
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2009, 06:25:34 PM »

sooooooooo are we back on again then?

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Gentry