Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 07:12:07 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Darkest Hour - PbP (Announcement & Game Admin)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darkest Hour - PbP (Announcement & Game Admin)  (Read 11120 times)
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2009, 07:08:19 PM »

I realized I failed to indicate the posting deadline is 1200 MST on Friday. I'm not going for daily turns. Smiley

I've added this to the first post in this thread. (I'm trying to collect rules into the first several posts.)

Walter
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2009, 08:06:29 PM »

Proficiencies:
Bow
Unarmed (Forte)

Your ritual weapon, which you get for free, is a brace of hurled weapons (flash bombs). As with all ritual weapons, they are replaced for free at the end of the next Downtime lasting 1+ days. These are hurled weapons. Did you mean to not take the Hurled proficiency?

That's a perfectly valid character choice, I just wanted to make sure the choice was made consciously. Smiley

Walter
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2009, 08:35:44 PM »

Quote from: MugMug
I think that's driven by Item Level, as found in Table 4.39 on page 199. I'm going to arbitrarily set Item Levels as 3 (same as your character level), but regardless of the item level you won't find an item that provides Mage Armor 1/scene and Bless 2/scene under the RAW.

If you're interpreting this differently let me know how, as I don't feel 100% solid on magic item rules.

No, on second reading I think you're correct... it'll be 1 use of both spells. Also, would the item qualify as armour, even though it strictly speaking isn't? I was wondering if it would qualify for any of the reputation decreases as specified at the bottom of table 4.32.

So this should be Partial Studded Leather (Dwarven) w/ Light Fittings [EDIT: Partial Studded Leather (Dwarven; Fitted) w/ Light Fittings, for a total of 130s]?

Yes, that seems correct.

[EDIT: I'm not picking on your character, btw. It's just the first one I transcribed over. Smiley]

Walter

No worries, it's good to get these quirks out of the system, it's lots of little things that need learning.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
MordOptiMax
Jr. Agent

If it aint broke, fix it till it is

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2009, 08:37:19 PM »

Your ritual weapon, which you get for free, is a brace of hurled weapons (flash bombs). As with all ritual weapons, they are replaced for free at the end of the next Downtime lasting 1+ days. These are hurled weapons. Did you mean to not take the Hurled proficiency?

it was done unintentionally, remove the forte in bows and add a prof in hurled:
Unarmed
Bows
Hurled
MordOptiMax
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2009, 08:39:51 PM »

As long as you aren't seeking any mechanical effect, such as found in the Floater or Many-Legged species feats, I generally don't care what you look like.

i am a floater, can i decide to not be a biped and instead be a floating torso with arms and a head?
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2009, 10:23:45 PM »

As long as you aren't seeking any mechanical effect, such as found in the Floater or Many-Legged species feats, I generally don't care what you look like.

i am a floater, can i decide to not be a biped and instead be a floating torso with arms and a head?

Sure, but you're stuck with your fly speed only (i.e. you are voluntarily giving up your ground speed). Given that your ground speed is 40 ft, and fly speed is 20 ft, that would be taking quite a hit for the purpose of flavor. Smiley

You are welcome to have retractable legs, which as a free action can deploy or retract. The deployment/retraction would have no strength behind it (i.e. you couldn't really use that leg deployment to do anything), but it would give you the floating flavor while retaining the higher speed for emergencies.

Walter
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2009, 10:25:22 PM »

I was wondering if it would qualify for any of the reputation decreases as specified at the bottom of table 4.32.

I think no, but that does spark my curiosity as to the thought behind that footnote.

Walter
MordOptiMax
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2009, 11:34:27 PM »

Sure, but you're stuck with your fly speed only (i.e. you are voluntarily giving up your ground speed). Given that your ground speed is 40 ft, and fly speed is 20 ft, that would be taking quite a hit for the purpose of flavor. Smiley

You are welcome to have retractable legs, which as a free action can deploy or retract. The deployment/retraction would have no strength behind it (i.e. you couldn't really use that leg deployment to do anything), but it would give you the floating flavor while retaining the higher speed for emergencies.

Walter

Pat says that things such as the fast quality may apply to multiple different modes of travel(pick one).
(page 28 of the q & a thread)
So, I dont mind loosing my ground speed of 20ft, and keeping just my fly speed of 40ft(+10ft from acrobat, +10ft from clockwork, 20ft base).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 11:36:27 PM by MordOptiMax » Logged
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2009, 08:33:20 AM »

Okay, updated my sheet... again. Hopefully for the last time... Updated Gear, Money left, Fixed magic item, armour, Updated appearance mod.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2009, 11:46:20 AM »

Pat says that things such as the fast quality may apply to multiple different modes of travel(pick one).
(page 28 of the q & a thread)
So, I dont mind loosing my ground speed of 20ft, and keeping just my fly speed of 40ft(+10ft from acrobat, +10ft from clockwork, 20ft base).

Okay.

[EDIT: It's worth noting Pat indicated the RAW apply fast to ground speed. I am, however, comfortable letting you move that around.]

Walter
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 12:19:45 PM by MugMug » Logged
MordOptiMax
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2009, 03:07:01 PM »

thank you for your flexibility, and i apologize for my misenterpretation
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2009, 04:08:14 PM »

Starting about a week from now I should be out of my house and into a hotel, as the movers pack and pick-up all my household goods. I should still have an internet connection.

On the weekend that follows (the last weekend in September) I will be driving halfway across the U.S., and then flying halfway across the world. Tongue I may lack internet connection for some or all of those four days or so of travel, depending on how things work out.

Thereafter I will be in temporary quarters overseas. I probably have an internect connection, given how net-centric the Army is these days, but won't know that for sure until I arrive. At minimum I will have occasional access through Wi-Fi points.

During this time of transition (the two weeks after this one) turn frequency may slow down to once per week. I don't expect that to occur, but wanted to give you a heads-up just in case.

Walter
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2009, 10:06:24 PM »

walter, i forgot to post my saves, i am guessing you fixed that on your character sheet, but i fixed it on my character post.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2009, 01:38:47 AM »

Sorry about the delay folks; as predicted the move/travel was killing me. I still have to fly overseas, but this next turn should give me a few days to do so and recover.

Walter
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2009, 05:07:00 AM »

It's all good, Walter Smiley Hope the trip goes well, and you don't get too many delays on the way there.

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: